Smash bros won't sell many Wii U systems

#1fusionsamuraiPosted 8/16/2013 10:00:38 PM
All I hear is fanboy comebacks in fights. A lot of them say "smash bros and mario kart will sell the system". Will smash really sell many Wii U consoles?

Lets be realistic, and I know that is rare. Who would spend $350 for a console just for smash?Everyone and their grandma has a 3ds, so why put out $350 for a Wii u?

While you COULD say "It has different stages", but to casuals it doesn't matter. Casuals are who really matter, and when they already have one system they would rather get the 3DS version.

Even if people don't have a 3ds and are waiting for smash it is cheaper to buy a 3ds and smash. People who are "true fans" will buy both, of course.

But this game needs to sell, and the 3ds is the better platform. The Wii u has two big(ER) series on it being pikmen and NSMBU, neither of which are system sellers. Why buy a console with no games when you can get a 3ds and-
Monster hunter
Kid icarus
Luigis mansion
Mario kart 7
NSMB2
3D land
SMT IV
Animal crossing
Paper mario
Fire emblem
OOT 3D
Star fox 64 3D.

Explain to me again why smash bros U will sell a lot of consoles?
#2Numbuh100Posted 8/16/2013 10:01:42 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3Numbuh100Posted 8/16/2013 10:04:07 PM
Super Smash Bros. 4
Mario Kart 8
Monolith Soft's X
LoZ: WW HD
Pikmin 3
Watch Dogs
Monster Hunter U
Assassin's Creed 4
Wonderful 101
Bayonetta 2
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Monolith Soft's X, Smash Bros. 4, Mario Kart 8, Watch Dogs, Dark Souls 2
#4ElectricMolePosted 8/16/2013 10:05:25 PM
You may be right, tc.

I predict people will opt to get the 3DS version over the Wii U version.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188
#5fusionsamurai(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 10:14:28 PM
Numbuh100 posted...
Super Smash Bros. 4
Mario Kart 8
Monolith Soft's X
Pikmin 3
Watch Dogs
Monster Hunter U
Assassin's Creed 4
Wonderful 101
Bayonetta 2

Aside from smash,mk8, NSMBU,pikmin, none of those are AAA titles.
#6fusionsamurai(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 10:15:54 PM
AAA NINTENDO TITLES. God I forgot to add that when I was fixing it
#7StreetPasWantrPosted 8/16/2013 10:19:41 PM
Because MAYBE the Wii U version will release first and a person who doesn't know much about video games might think its not for 3DS.
---
Brawl FC: 0648-5887-0694, 3DS FC: 3780-9023-4673, Nintendo Network: Xehanort. My name is Leo, NutOfDeath, ZOMGirl, and DIHSO.
The post below me is false.
#8Baha05Posted 8/16/2013 10:25:32 PM
Smash Bros is a system seller, to claim it's not is like trying to claim Halo isn't a system seller.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#9TalentedMPosted 8/16/2013 10:29:11 PM
fusionsamurai posted...

Explain to me again why smash bros U will sell a lot of consoles?

"A lot" of consoles? I think saying that it will sell consoles is different than saying it will sell "a lot" of them.

Personally I think MK8 is the game that is going to sell the system to more people than Smash Bros will.

That being said, the hype built around and community for SSB is huge and with the event that was held at EVO it could have brought a lot more people into it and in turn a lot of people hyped to get the system version in general, as if it does maybe possibly go to evo next year or the year after it will be that game that gets the most hype and not a handheld version of it.

I do agree that making it for 2 platforms is a bit silly when as you said "everyone and their grandma'" own a 3DS (except for me till the new Pokemon comes out). So I can totally see the argument of "Why not buy it on a system you own instead of the alternative."

Though some could say that playing it on the console could offer up a different feel, and the controllers could just be more comfortable than the 3DS (which I can't play for longer than 2 hours without getting all crampy on games like Animal Crossing - I use my roomates to play :D).

I don't know if the only difference will be graphics and stages either or if other things will eventually be available like DLC (but I doubt it).

I know I bought the system preemptively at launch for a few games, SSB was one of them, so it already sold the system to me without even being a launch game.

I do feel it will be a "system seller" but not THE "system seller". I think MK8 reserves that titles and will hopefully deserve it.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#10ImGanondorfLolPosted 8/16/2013 10:37:46 PM
fusionsamurai posted...
Numbuh100 posted...
Super Smash Bros. 4
Mario Kart 8
Monolith Soft's X
Pikmin 3
Watch Dogs
Monster Hunter U
Assassin's Creed 4
Wonderful 101
Bayonetta 2

Aside from smash,mk8, NSMBU,pikmin, none of those are AAA titles.

Neither are most of the ones you listed for the 3DS. Total bias. I like my 3DS but the announced games for the Wii U alone are more exciting to me than all the games the 3DS has to offer.