People say Nintendo done a lot of rehashes.

#1Numbuh100Posted 8/16/2013 11:01:14 PM
List me 10 recent Nintendo games where it's rehashed a lot and EXPLAIN CLEARLY thru each game HOW they are rehashes.
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Monolith Soft's X, Smash Bros. 4, Mario Kart 8, Watch Dogs, Dark Souls 2
#2fusionsamuraiPosted 8/16/2013 11:05:36 PM
6 releases of OOT including the remakes and VC .-.

All the "new super mario bros" games are generally the same with 1 new gimmick each time.
#3TalentedMPosted 8/16/2013 11:09:00 PM
Numbuh100 posted...
List me 10 recent Nintendo games where it's rehashed a lot and EXPLAIN CLEARLY thru each game HOW they are rehashes.

It will never happen and the vast improvements from NSMB to NSMBU never get mentioned like the new and better overworld, the new powerups and level designs, secrets and better and smoother gameplay (less floaty than NSMB) along with HD graphics get overlooked. Also the fact that they are around 4 years apart with clear differences in both the way they look and play but people are totally ok with having 7 Assassins Creeds and seems to never get called out.

BTW that is 7 out on just major consoles in the last 6 years, not counting handhelds and other types of games (mobile or otherwise).

Just sayin', it is like saying "shill" to a Microsoft fan or calling someone a Pony/Cockroach or any other s*** people say to one another here. Just used to incite terrible discussions.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#4somebody336Posted 8/16/2013 11:26:55 PM
Better yet you tell us 10 games that are not rehashes and EXPLAIN CLEARLY >.>
#5Kromlech06Posted 8/16/2013 11:30:02 PM
somebody336 posted...

Sounds like a surrender message to me.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#6STN79Posted 8/16/2013 11:30:03 PM
And the others don't do rehashes? Let's see... call of duty, God of war, assassin's creed, Ratchet and clank. Need i go on?
#7VyersPosted 8/16/2013 11:34:21 PM
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - represented the fifth time it's been released. Didn't do anything to shake up the main game.
New Super Mario Bros. 2 - Put a lot of emphasis in being a retro throwback. Primary suit was from an NES game. World map was the same hyper-linear affair. Hardly did any new enemies or music tracks, and just reused world themes. Doesn't dare to establish new or interesting gameplay mechanics, unlike Galaxy 2, which had tons of them.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#8TalentedMPosted 8/16/2013 11:40:31 PM(edited)
somebody336 posted...

Every Zelda title that is a new title in the line of games has been different in many different ways. All the way back from the very first to the most current, on both handhelds and main home consoles. I shouldn't even have to go into depth which how different each has been from one another from art to story and even the way you play them.... I mean seriously there are your 10 games right there.

Mario went from platform to platform evolving every step with the consoles he was attached to. From NES Mario, Mario 2 and Mario 3 each was different in many ways from gameplay to the way the worlds were built. Into N64 where he evolved into a whole new dimension and beyond into Sunshine and Galaxies where everything was differnt from settings all the way to ggameplay elements and powerups. 3D land was new for handhelds and was the true first 3D (not remake) that was for a handheld (mario wise).

Remakes are not rehashes, no matter what you wanna say about it, they aren't. They bring a new generation a classic game to play and it is usually updated somehow. New people are brought into this world every day and they eventually grow up, are you going to deny them the joy of playing a classic game because you played it before? No one is making you buy it and if anything you shouldn't, it wasn't made with you in mind.

Just those two IPs are enough to meet the 10 game limit. Every one of them (that isn't a remake) is new and improved with enough to not call it just another cash grab "rehash" that people like to say.

A "rehash" is something to the effect of Assassins Creed, it is a huge offender of this IMO just as much as anyone claiming that NSMBU is one of NSMB, and NSMBU actually offers more to the table than that game does in its 6 other main console games. (Minus the 4 year difference between the games and the only 1 year on AC).

Not to mention none of the Kid Icarus games, Metroid, Kirby , Pikmin, F-Zero, Starfox games have been just a rehash of one another and some have jumped the shark to offer new experiences with that IP.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#9VyersPosted 8/16/2013 11:55:35 PM
AC at least offers a different story, setting, etc. As dumb as ACIII was, at least it was interesting that it threw you into the woods of Colonial America.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#10squatch22Posted 8/16/2013 11:57:06 PM
fusionsamurai posted...
6 releases of OOT including the remakes and VC .-.

All the "new super mario bros" games are generally the same with 1 new gimmick each time.

VC doesnt count.
And a few of those Ocarina 'rehashes' were included on FREE bonus discs.
---
SMASH BROS 4 PREORDERED AND PROUD OF IT.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg