People say Nintendo done a lot of rehashes.

#21VyersPosted 8/17/2013 12:15:19 AM
You know, just because Nintendo rehashes doesn't mean that they don't innovate.

That being said, would people feel better if people address the whole "other developers" and say Assassin's Creed rehashes a lot (and people already do say that)?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#22TalentedMPosted 8/17/2013 12:39:32 AM(edited)
gamebuyer22 posted...

Wow all the NSMB games are interchangeable. Do you seriously feel a difference when you play them?

Yes. I do. There is a clear difference gameplay wise from NSMB to NSMBU, if you don't notice it you clearly didn't play the others.

NSMB is stagnant in every way. From gameplay, levels(every game has the same templates), recycled crap music, etc. Rayman Legends atleast changed its look from Origins. Great gameplay with completely new music(what a concept), way more varied level designs. The NSMB series feels like a budget platformer Nintendo charges full price for.

It is defninitely not stagnant in every way. They changed the whole world and gave it an entirely different feel, added bonus little minigames, added miiverse, added new powerups and with NSLU DLC added new difficulty to the levels.

I do agree with you that Rayman you are given a fantastic platformins experience, but to call it something it isn't (completely changed look, varied level design, etc) is just wrong. It offers and provides a unique experience but while I played the demo for it I was just brought back to why Origins was a fantastic game and felt that it was more an extension.

Origins: http://assets2.ignimgs.com/2011/10/17/rayman-origins-20111017003624697-3543523.jpg

Legends: http://assets2.ignimgs.com/2012/06/05/9jpg-5f3067.jpg

I can hardly tell the difference visually. I am not knocking either game. NSMBU offered unique expereinces and levels that the others didn't. and I expect Rayman to deliver on the same promise while offering up a bit more in the process. Something I also feel NSMBU did compared to the past console version of the game on the Wii.

You can see that Ubisoft cares and Nitnendo doesnt. To say nearly every Nintendo game brings something unique is a lie. Most new Nitnendo games have new gimmicks. Not something unique. NSMB 2 for example is very unique because it gives you more coins than any Mario game before(sarcasm). Thats pretty unique. I wonder how long Nintendo had to brainstorm for that one.

You are clearly bias as the word "gimmick" can be used for anything and is used far too often to describe new features presented in games. Also let me be clear, I am not talking or taking into consideration any of the handheld consoles in my judgements. handhelds to me are to offer what is available on consoles, but on the go. (to me anyways.)

NSMBU is definitely leagues better in almost every way, the graphics are better, the gameplay is a lot smoother and less floaty than it was before, the levels are harder than the past and even harder with DLC, Nabbit was a fun little addition and going back to the world was fun - It had a lot more to offer and thats what I expect from a game.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#23TalentedMPosted 8/17/2013 12:27:12 AM(edited)
boysrus72 posted...
Animal crossing has got to be the biggest rehash of all time.

But... But.... You can now select multiple items when you sell them! It's revolutionary! Give me a break.

How can you call something a rehash when the entire game has changed on both the console and the handhelds so much. By comparison the last handheld game was in 2005 before this last installation and it has evolved into a completely different beast since then. I mean... you can't be serious right?

According to this entire thread, anything with a 2 or another version of the same game is a rehash despite the clear differences in each game. Some would say I am also a culprit of this, but I see releasing the same game for the last 6 years changing nothing and releasing 1 every year is a rehash.

Like Tomb Raider back in the day and the most recent being Assassins Creed now.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#24AJ2412Posted 8/17/2013 12:30:50 AM
Wow all the NSMB games are interchangeable. Do you seriously feel a difference when you play them? NSMB is stagnant in every way. From gameplay, levels(every game has the same templates), recycled crap music, etc. Rayman Legends atleast changed its look from Origins. Great gameplay with completely new music(what a concept), way more varied level designs. The NSMB series feels like a budget platformer Nintendo charges full price for. You can see that Ubisoft cares and Nitnendo doesnt. To say nearly every Nintendo game brings something unique is a lie. Most new Nitnendo games have new gimmicks. Not something unique. NSMB 2 for example is very unique because it gives you more coins than any Mario game before(sarcasm). Thats pretty unique. I wonder how long Nintendo had to brainstorm for that one.

So much truth in this post.
---
"The people who hate on Vuvuzela's are the ones who cant play them." -EvilmetalUK
http://i.imgur.com/7iLBp.png By QTx314159 .
#25TalentedMPosted 8/17/2013 12:35:29 AM(edited)
AJ2412 posted...

So much truth in this post.

Yes, comparing handheld games with console games provides tons of truth!

Go back to your bridge if you can't talk with the big boys. No one likes people that chime in with nothing good to say.

"Tell 'em Steve Dave!"
---
#26kingjam1Posted 8/17/2013 12:55:40 AM
NSMB DS is the only NSMB that feels different. Wii, 2 and U feel and play the same especially NSMB2.
Besides whether something is a rehash is subjective. I think NSMB2 and U are rehashes.
---
Can't think of anything
#27amonte64Posted 8/17/2013 12:57:33 AM
Typical corporate slave responses. Instead of saying, yes, it's true, or no, it's not true and showing why they say, the other companies do it too. SMH, fanboys, AKA, corporate slaves, are one of the worse things in gaming.
#28Numbuh100(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 7:04:18 AM
Nobody brings up Pokemon? lol Because a lot of things changes in the Pokemon battle system and I bet barely anybody here knows about EV training and whatnot.
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Monolith Soft's X, Smash Bros. 4, Mario Kart 8, Watch Dogs, Dark Souls 2
#29big_pimperPosted 8/17/2013 7:08:26 AM
madden
call of duty
battlefield
assassins creed
uncharted
gran turismo
---
Keep Hustlin' Cus
PC+Wii U+ 3DS XL Master Race
#30FayeLadyPosted 8/17/2013 7:13:53 AM
The NSMB games feel like rehashes because of the lack of content in each one. Each game feels like a map mod for the game before it. It feels like on any other platform, it would just be DLC. They have finally addressed this with the Luigi DLC, by charging an appropriate price for the small amount of changes made.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.