The Wii U is failing because everyone treats it like a current gen system.

#13khcPosted 8/17/2013 1:58:26 AM
Even worse, a LATE current gen system.

Everyone is hoping for games that are being released on PS360, when really it's supposed to be the other way around. People without the Wii U were supposed to be the ones who feel left out.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Iz53d.jpg http://i.imgur.com/3hC4B.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Taqll.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fwom6.png http://i.imgur.com/Te6wg.jpg
#2TalentedMPosted 8/17/2013 2:02:56 AM
Makes sense in a way.

I feel like the system is doing quite well game wise, I haven't had a system that made me want it so much and then have a lull of games for a while then have so many I don't know what to do with all at once really this quickly.

I always had that steady trickle of console games and PC games that I was occupied with and now there are so many great games coming to the WiiU I can't wait. Not just Nintendo games either, and that is fun too. I really am curious how games like Splinter Cell and Bayonetta 2 are going to use the pad, also Watch Dogs and AC4.

It really is all about the gamepad for me, I am hoping these games can really showcase the gamepad in a good light and give me a reason to not get the game on PC instead (as where most of my gaming goes...).

As it stands the PS4 and Xbox need to get them exclusives out so I can decide already. So far Infamous and a new Halo isn't enough to get my purchase :/.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#3nonexistingheroPosted 8/17/2013 2:08:54 AM
Considering 90% of the PS4 and XO games are going to PC, I'd say the Wii U is the only next-gen console worth owning.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#4STN79Posted 8/17/2013 2:09:51 AM
The Wii U isn't what's failing. Customers are failing to give it a chance. Too many teenagers are still under the belief that it's not cool to own a Nintendo system because it's for babies. Plus they think Sony are the ultimate power in the universe. Anyone who has actually tried one or better yet owns one should be quite aware of it's advantages. They would also know that it does in fact have a wide variety of games with more releasing all the time.
#5PackAttack91Posted 8/17/2013 2:13:22 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
Considering 90% of the PS4 and XO games are going to PC, I'd say the Wii U is the only next-gen console worth owning.

What about games like GTA5, which are not planned for Wii U or PC, but planned for Sony and Microsoft consoles? GTA is a pure system seller, there are not many games that come close to it.

What about EA sports games, which very few people buy/play on PC, but are hugely popular on consoles?

90% is a rather high "guess".

Not trashing the Wii U, just making the argument that PS4/X1 have their worth.
#6TalentedMPosted 8/17/2013 2:14:46 AM
nonexistinghero posted...

This is why I have such a hard time figuring out which will have the better exclusives, as I already know Nintendo will, I bought the system without much though as I know the games come.

With the others it is a gamble. Knack looks dumb, Halo..., Infamous? These are all games that put me to sleep, and I don't play racing games that don't allow me to crash into other cars or detonate into a highway full of them to tally up the biggest $ ammount of damage.... Not much of a racer unless it is cartoon characters in "karts".

I totally feel you on the highlighted sentiment.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#7PackAttack91Posted 8/17/2013 2:18:23 AM
STN79 posted...
The Wii U isn't what's failing. Customers are failing to give it a chance. Too many teenagers are still under the belief that it's not cool to own a Nintendo system because it's for babies. Plus they think Sony are the ultimate power in the universe. Anyone who has actually tried one or better yet owns one should be quite aware of it's advantages. They would also know that it does in fact have a wide variety of games with more releasing all the time.

If customers aren't purchasing (or "failing to give it a chance") then the product is failing. My friends and myself are in our 20's and try to purchase every system, but we just don't see the value in it. One of my friends who purchased a Wii U to play MH3U traded it in a month ago for a 3DSXL and games.

It's hard to swallow a 350 dollar price tag when you can get a PS3 or 360 for much cheaper with a established library of great games. At the same time you look at the PS4 and X1, which are much superior technically, and they are not that much more in price. Not to mention they will get their own exclusive and many 3rd party titles that will not be on the WIi U.

If the price can become more reasonable the Wii U will sell. It has the games coming, but as the numbers show, it's just not that appealing right now.
#8AstralFrostPosted 8/17/2013 2:19:58 AM
Theory makes sense TC, and sheds a lot of light on why people aren't and don't really have the need to bother with the Wii U. PS3 is still getting bucketloads of games that leave Wii U in the dust. Even the games that the Wii U is getting are often late versions of the same thing that PS3 got a year earlier.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#9TalentedMPosted 8/17/2013 2:23:27 AM
PackAttack91 posted...

If the price can become more reasonable the Wii U will sell. It has the games coming, but as the numbers show, it's just not that appealing right now.

Price has nothing to do with it.

Otherwise the UK would be sold out of them and would have been flying off the shelves instead of not being stocked.

With games, comes players of them. Bringing more games will fill the console is what will sell the system.

To be honest I see 0 value in the PS4 or X1 at this point. I have to really be swayed by them instead of the other way around. Very little to offer my PC can't already do and more, I have to pay to use the internet I already pay for and for absolutely no reason other than to play with my friends, same games coming to PC already and usually not at $60 for them, etc.

There are tons of reasons why the new consoles have no value for me, one being that they aren't bringing the games and have no promise of games that look remotely interesting I can't already get for my WiiU/PC.

2 sides of every coin I guess.
---
#10PackAttack91Posted 8/17/2013 2:30:17 AM
TalentedM posted...
PackAttack91 posted...

Price has nothing to do with it.

Otherwise the UK would be sold out of them and would have been flying off the shelves instead of not being stocked.

With games, comes players of them. Bringing more games will fill the console is what will sell the system.

To be honest I see 0 value in the PS4 or X1 at this point. I have to really be swayed by them instead of the other way around. Very little to offer my PC can't already do and more, I have to pay to use the internet I already pay for and for absolutely no reason other than to play with my friends, same games coming to PC already and usually not at $60 for them, etc.

There are tons of reasons why the new consoles have no value for me, one being that they aren't bringing the games and have no promise of games that look remotely interesting I can't already get for my WiiU/PC.

2 sides of every coin I guess.

To say price has nothing to do with it is nonsensical. Maybe it has very little to do with it in your opinion, but obviously Nintendo could sell the Wii U at a huge loss and move a lot of consoles.

As I said, there are a good number of games that are announced and will likely come for PS4 and X1 that will not be released on the PC. Also, there are many things people prefer about consoles to PCs, easier to move to a friends house, able to play all games laying down and not hunched over a keyboard, lower cost, etc. You do not have to pay to "use the internet" either. If you want to play online multiplayer you need to buy PS+ or XBL, however at least for PS4 you will be able to use all the other services such as Netflix without paying. Not to mention with PS+ you get a value in games that far outweighs the membership fee. You may not like all of them, but there are highly rated titles offered monthly.