Thinking about selling my Wii U to buy a 3ds

#1BoshiPosted 8/17/2013 7:36:54 PM
Should I? Right now all I have for it is Monster Hunter. I was hoping the Wii U would get more games like a Mario RPG, or strategy games like Fire Emblem, and the new Pokemon and Zelda games look really sweet too.

Sadly I haven't played my Wii U in probably 5 or 6 months... and I don't see anything coming out in the next year...

I guess it just seems like all the games I wish I was playing are on the 3ds and my Wii U is just gathering dust. What should I do?
---
Yoshi's cooler older brother.
#2HermeticJusticePosted 8/17/2013 7:39:10 PM
as long as you don't feel like you would ever have to buy it again
---
The Official Kerberos of the SMT IV Board + Friend Code: 4983 - 6166 - 9895
QVODSVPERIVS.MACROPROSOPVS + QVODINFERIVS.MICROPROSOPVS
#3Neonwarrior1243Posted 8/17/2013 7:40:41 PM
I think you're just going to lose a lot of money unless you never rebuy the Wii u back.
#4LifelessBoyPosted 8/17/2013 7:40:58 PM
The 3DS library completely destroys the WiiU library at the moment. Sell it, buy a 3DS and re-buy the WiiU after a price drop.

Best decision you'll make. You have to play Fire Emblem: Awakening soon bro, it's awesome.
---
http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/YFAL%20Putipuelko
Don't flame me bro. GT: YFAL Putipuelko - PSN: LifelessLoser - Steam ID: YFAL_Putipuelko - DayZ: Daniel
#5HermeticJusticePosted 8/17/2013 7:47:04 PM
LifelessBoy posted...
The 3DS library completely destroys the WiiU library at the moment. Sell it, buy a 3DS and re-buy the WiiU after a price drop.

Best decision you'll make. You have to play Fire Emblem: Awakening soon bro, it's awesome.

buy SMT IV as well and get a free 30$ eshop credit
---
The Official Kerberos of the SMT IV Board + Friend Code: 4983 - 6166 - 9895
QVODSVPERIVS.MACROPROSOPVS + QVODINFERIVS.MICROPROSOPVS
#6jairusmonillasPosted 8/17/2013 7:59:16 PM
Buy a PS4, get a 3DS and upgrade your PC.

You get the best of gaming.
#7mashuPosted 8/17/2013 8:12:52 PM
Boshi posted...
... and I don't see anything coming out in the next year...

Boshi posted...
I guess it just seems like all the games I wish I was playing are on the 3ds

This is me exactly. A year from now, the Wii U may start shaping up. Maybe. I'm waiting for X before buying it, so I may have even longer than that before it is localized, but in around a year at least a few of the bigger games will be out. No sense for me to get a Wii U - I saw that launch window and Nintendo's silence and promptly canceled my pre-order for it. Still waiting for the library to improve.

Then I look at the 3DS. I don't even want a handheld. I prefer playing games on the TV. However, given Japan's current (and only growing and expanding) favor of handhelds over consoles, it's where the kinds of games I wish to play are going more and more, and the current (and upcoming) library is impressive. I decided no console for me for a year or more, and that it was instead time to get a 3DS and main with that for a year or two.

If I was in your shoes, and I had not canceled my pre-order and now owned the Wii U, I'd trade it in or sell it for a 3DS, even knowing I would have to repurchase it in the future for X. Even though I'd lose money I'd guess that at least a $50 price drop is in the Wii U's future and the $100 or so I might lose beyond that would be more than made up for in the fact that I'd be playing all kinds of things I wish to be playing on the 3DS for a year or more. Even with the loss it's totally worth it. At least, that's what I'd tell myself and what I would do, but ymmv because I don't know how easy it would be for you to repurchase the Wii U in the future (or if you even want to). I suppose you could wait until after TGS to decide, but honestly, I'm not expecting much from it for the Wii U.
#8amonte64Posted 8/17/2013 8:13:59 PM
in your case, you should obviously sell it. The 8GB one used goes for as low as $260 online and the 32GB for as low as around $300. So, you would only lose about $40-$50, maybe even less, which is not bad at all. Plus, by the time it has games you want, a price drop of minimum $50 will most likely happen, if not, there are sales, deals, etc that save you at least $50 on Wii U anyway, so you won't actually lose any money at all. And if you buy a Wii U used, you will probably make money.
#9AstralFrostPosted 8/17/2013 8:17:12 PM
Definitely sell your Wii U and get a 3DS and never look back.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#10NovaLevossidaPosted 8/17/2013 8:21:58 PM
Keep the Wii U if you have any interest in the future for it. But if you're going to trade it in, at least make sure you get a good amount of money for it. I doubt there's a price drop coming up, and holding on to sell during the holidays could net more potential money when the game releases drive demand up (though it might not match the speculative demand).
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL