Rayman Legends Wii U is the definitive version.

#51overkillwfo1978Posted 8/20/2013 8:21:45 AM
MushroomMuncher posted...
overkillwfo1978 posted...
TL;DR

Terrible opinions and failing damage control
Ironic because that's exactly what your first post was.

1) That is not exactly the case. Some games have sold decently on the Wii U even with the low install base. Lego City sold decent. Sonic All Stars sold the most on Wii U than the other consoles. It seems the Family Friendly games sell the best on Wii U, so Rayman could have done well.

2)So because it's "Underpowered" and "Overpriced", THAT'S the reason it's not selling well? ROFLMFAO! Maybe it's because, I dunno, THE LACK OF GAMES!!!? By your logic, the original Wii should have sold like 5 units because it was weak. I said it once and I'll say it again...

Terrible, terrible logic.

3) Ubisoft have said that they hope the game will be a system seller. Why do you think Nintendo is making Bayonetta 2 a Wii U exclusive? The EXACT same reason you said so.

4) For your information, I believe they will both do equally good. And it really isn't "$50" more, you also have to buy a game ($50-60) and have to pay for online ($50), so, yeah. I'm still getting one though.

5) I'm sorry, all I could see was "Not out, doesn't count", "Multiplat, doesn't count" "I think it sucked, DOESN'T COUNT" Nice try though.

And to your last paragraph, yeah, the Wii U needs to sell more, but with people like you it isn't going to go anywhere.

haha. Do you know what TL;DR means? You wrote that and then wrote a detailed response to every single one of my points. It is clear that I am arguing with someone who is "challenged"...

1) Lego City sold decent because Nintendo releases a first party game about once a year and Wii U only owners are absolutely starved for games. Same for Sonic racing. Rayman will sell decent "for the Wii U", but now Ubisoft will actually see sales worth making the game for on other platforms..

2) Underpowered, overpriced AND lack of games.... all 3 of these are contributors. Why should people buy a system for $350 that has the same multiplats that the last gen systems have? How many multiplats have been announced, but not for the Wii U?? Tons of them. There is no confidence in this system because of the 3 reasons listed above. People want tech advancement, they want it cheap and they want a lot of games to choose from and strong developer support. The Wii U provides none of those 3.

3) It still CAN be a system seller, but we all know that it will not happen on the scale needed to help the Wii U. The game is still being released on the Wii U, you realize? Ubisoft is just not stupid enough to make it an exclusive on what is the console version of the Titanic. They actually want to make a profit. Sure they hope their game can sell systems... but not more than they want to actually make money. What part of this do you not comprehend?

4) Yeah. Everyone that bought the Wii U also bought a game for the most part. Only having NintendoLand to play? What a joke. That is more of a demo than a game. Fact is PS4 is a WAY better deal for the money... it's not even a contest and you know it.

5) All you saw was me proving you wrong over and over...as I did again with this post. All of your bold words and internet acronyms just make you look even worse. Your points are horrible, and wrong... simple as that.
---
"Even if you go by the cheapest price the game has ever been anywhere, psn+ would still be cheaper by at least 3 fold". DemonDog on psn+ vs. Steam
#52overkillwfo1978Posted 8/20/2013 8:26:50 AM
IcedEarthaholic posted...
MushroomMuncher posted...
TL;DR

Terrible opinions and failing damage control
Ironic because that's exactly what your first post was.

1) That is not exactly the case. Some games have sold decently on the Wii U even with the low install base. Lego City sold decent. Sonic All Stars sold the most on Wii U than the other consoles. It seems the Family Friendly games sell the best on Wii U, so Rayman could have done well.

2)So because it's "Underpowered" and "Overpriced", THAT'S the reason it's not selling well? ROFLMFAO! Maybe it's because, I dunno, THE LACK OF GAMES!!!? By your logic, the original Wii should have sold like 5 units because it was weak. I said it once and I'll say it again...

Terrible, terrible logic.

3) Ubisoft have said that they hope the game will be a system seller. Why do you think Nintendo is making Bayonetta 2 a Wii U exclusive? The EXACT same reason you said so.

4) For your information, I believe they will both do equally good. And it really isn't "$50" more, you also have to buy a game ($50-60) and have to pay for online ($50), so, yeah. I'm still getting one though.

5) I'm sorry, all I could see was "Not out, doesn't count", "Multiplat, doesn't count" "I think it sucked, DOESN'T COUNT" Nice try though.

And to your last paragraph, yeah, the Wii U needs to sell more, but with people like you it isn't going to go anywhere.

Good work dissecting that long-ass wall o' text. I am going to say this, UbiSoft is run by an idiot, love the software but Yves Guillemot is a foolish man. Firstly, Rayman Legends was ready to go, and with no note exclusives in February, it could've sold extremely well if it launched for Wii U, then announce the multiplatform release later with DLC of the levels on the multiplatform versions being made for the Wii U. And a year later, release Rayman Legends Gold with all DLC on all platforms for $39.99. Instead, the game is going to tank on all three platforms. They will be lucky to break a million across them all at this rate. Long story short, overkillwfo1978 is a kettlehead.

lol. You are so much smarter than Ubisoft is, random Nintendo fanboy. You are actually suggesting that RL would have done better on the Wii U as an exclusive than as a multiplat on systems that have sold a combined total of 150 million units?...LOL. and then because they didn't make it a Wii U exclusive, it will fail on all 3 consoles? my god. It doesn't get anymore fanboy embarrassing than this.

Your knowledge of game/system sales matches your taste in metal bands. They are both absolutely terrible.
---
"Even if you go by the cheapest price the game has ever been anywhere, psn+ would still be cheaper by at least 3 fold". DemonDog on psn+ vs. Steam
#53GamerguymassPosted 8/20/2013 9:10:41 AM
lol. You are so much smarter than Ubisoft is, random Nintendo fanboy. You are actually suggesting that RL would have done better on the Wii U as an exclusive than as a multiplat on systems that have sold a combined total of 150 million units?...LOL. and then because they didn't make it a Wii U exclusive, it will fail on all 3 consoles? my god. It doesn't get anymore fanboy embarrassing than this.

Your knowledge of game/system sales matches your taste in metal bands. They are both absolutely terrible.

Clearly reading isn't one of your strong suits. He said they should have released the game in February and THEN announced that it was going to be on other systems as well. The game was already done. All they did was delay a game that was finished and ready to be released.

It's also hilarious that you make fun of someone else's knowledge of system sales when yours is terrible. The install base of the PS3/360 isn't 150 million. First off, many people own both consoles. If someone own both consoles that's not an install base of two, it's one. Second, I don't know what it is for the PS3, but the 360 has a 56% failure rate. So that 70 million sold would be closer to half that based on failure rate and the amount of people saying they have had multiple RROD.
---
Now Playing: "The Hunt for the Two Missing Nintendo 64 Games"
An expansion came out, but I'm still a third of the way through!
#54overkillwfo1978Posted 8/20/2013 10:52:40 AM
Gamerguymass posted...

Clearly reading isn't one of your strong suits. He said they should have released the game in February and THEN announced that it was going to be on other systems as well. The game was already done. All they did was delay a game that was finished and ready to be released.

It's also hilarious that you make fun of someone else's knowledge of system sales when yours is terrible. The install base of the PS3/360 isn't 150 million. First off, many people own both consoles. If someone own both consoles that's not an install base of two, it's one. Second, I don't know what it is for the PS3, but the 360 has a 56% failure rate. So that 70 million sold would be closer to half that based on failure rate and the amount of people saying they have had multiple RROD.

1) Ubisoft didn't see it that way. MS and Sony probably had a hand in convincing Ubisoft into releasing them all at the same time. Who knows? It's their game and they did as they saw fit. For profit. Clearly Nintendo didn't fit in their plans and Ubi gave them the finger as most 3rd parties do...

2) You are completely, 100% wrong. If someone owns both consoles it IS and install of one each for each system. PS3 has sold roughly 78 million consoles worldwide to date and the 360 roughly the same so I AM wrong about the total is is closer to 156 million! Do you fanboys also struggle with math? It really seems that you do. Also, that 360 failure rate was a figure posted in 2009! When they updated the cpu architecture of the console it dropped way below that figure. In case you are bad with years, that is four years and millions of consoles you are not counting, but anything to inflate your horrible statistics, right?

What is hilarious is that you are even more misinformed than the original poster and I didn't think that was possible until now.
---
#55MushroomMuncherPosted 8/20/2013 1:40:49 PM
Another long post

haha. Do you know what TL;DR means? You wrote that and then wrote a detailed response to every single one of my points. It is clear that I am arguing with someone who is "challenged"...

LOL you took that seriously? It was a way of me shortening your post so I wouldn't run out of characters. Oh, and "challenged"? I can't have a mature argument without being insulted of course.
1) So in other words, I was right? YAY! And let me remind you, Rayman was originally going to be released in Feburary, where NOTHING ELSE was coming out for the Wii U.

2) So power now determines whether people want a system or not? So the Gamecube and Xbox should have sold more than the PS2. And they want it cheap? Okay, the Wii U is $350. The PS4 is $400. The Xbox One is $500. It IS the cheapest of the three. But of course, it doesn't count BECAUSE ITS WEAK HURR. And yes, it does need dev support.

3) So they can't do both? They can't hope it will sell systems and make them money? What logic is that? They're helping Nintendo sell systems, and that means they would sell more Rayman Legend copies. What part of THAT do you not understand?

4) That is your personal opinion. Some people have said they think the Wii U is a better deal. Oh but let me guess, they're "NINTENDRONES". I personally think the PS4 is a better deal too, but don't shove your personal opinion down people's throats.

5)LOL he didn't even respond to my last post. He was just gloating and showing his massive ego and how his "personal opinion" was superior and all my points "sucked". Oh the irony...
---
I'm the guy who glues his thumbs to his nipples and chases his cat around the house screaming RAWWR pretending to be a T-Rex.
~NCPwn
#56GamerguymassPosted 8/21/2013 10:38:34 AM
2) You are completely, 100% wrong. If someone owns both consoles it IS and install of one each for each system. PS3 has sold roughly 78 million consoles worldwide to date and the 360 roughly the same so I AM wrong about the total is is closer to 156 million! Do you fanboys also struggle with math? It really seems that you do. Also, that 360 failure rate was a figure posted in 2009! When they updated the cpu architecture of the console it dropped way below that figure. In case you are bad with years, that is four years and millions of consoles you are not counting, but anything to inflate your horrible statistics, right?

What is hilarious is that you are even more misinformed than the original poster and I didn't think that was possible until now.

No. You have no idea what you are talking about. You are looking at numbers on paper which has no bearing on the real world. The amount of consoles sold isn't the same thing as the potential user base of a game. Someone who owns both consoles isn't going to buy two copies of the game. Then there are the people who have bought multiples because previous ones broke or then just want one for another room. Yes they sold 156 million total units, but that doesn't mean Rayman has a potential of 156 million sales.

Besides which it is a Rayman game in the first place. It has never been a main stream franchise, more of a niche type of game, and its coming out the same week, or at least around the same time as GTAV. The sales for it are going to suck. Generally these types of games actually do sell better on Nintendo consoles, which is why Sega made the new Sonic game exclusive.
---
Now Playing: "The Hunt for the Two Missing Nintendo 64 Games"
An expansion came out, but I'm still a third of the way through!