Fatal Frame Wii U

#1Joey2coolPosted 8/18/2013 9:56:19 AM
Wouldn't this be amazing? Use the GamePad as a camera.

It must happen.
---
Not changing this sig until a new Bloody Roar is announced! - Started: 10/29/2012
#2SlimeSwayzePosted 8/18/2013 9:59:15 AM
I'd love a new Fatal Frame, but I'd just hope they had Pro Controller support as well. Old fashioned controls are far more immersive for me.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#3wingo84Posted 8/18/2013 10:00:37 AM
Trauma Centre would be epic too
---
NNID - Wingo84
Learning the flute/Contemplating buying a 3DS
#4WhiteKilla666Posted 8/18/2013 10:00:53 AM
SlimeSwayze posted...
I'd love a new Fatal Frame, but I'd just hope they had Pro Controller support as well. Old fashioned controls are far more immersive for me.

me too i hate dualscreens
---
*~If you love HPL and have accepted him as your lord and savior and are not afraid to show it make this your signature~*
#5Joey2cool(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 10:08:08 AM
wingo84 posted...
Trauma Centre would be epic too

I sincerely hope we get a new Trauma Center.
---
Not changing this sig until a new Bloody Roar is announced! - Started: 10/29/2012
#6Fimble_the_magePosted 8/18/2013 10:09:49 AM
It could be cool, but ONLY if the game was designed around the pad. Absolutely NO wiimote/pro controller support.
---
Omegle is the worst site ever
#7SlimeSwayzePosted 8/18/2013 10:19:04 AM
Fimble_the_mage posted...
It could be cool, but ONLY if the game was designed around the pad. Absolutely NO wiimote/pro controller support.

For me, that would be really sad. The games played perfectly well and were absolutely terrifying on the PS2. There is no reason to remove that option. I get that some people like the Gamepad, but for me is completely kills the immersion when I switch between the two screens. It reminds me I am playing a game and that I'm holding this second screen in my hand. I love traditional controls because they are so intuitive and natural that you can practically forget that you're holding a controller in your hand at all. In a game like Fatal Frame, where atmosphere and immersion are key, having my controller make weird sounds and draw my attention away from the TV every time I use the camera would ruin the experience for me. It killed the immersion for me in Zombi U, and I can't imagine it would be any different in Fatal Frame.

There was nothing wrong with the controls in the original trilogy, so why force a change? They could easily make two control schemes (or three, if they want to include the wii-mote) to appeas everyone.
---
#8citreanPosted 8/18/2013 10:19:48 AM
I'd love for a new fatal frame, or even a HD remake of the old ones on Wii U.

P.S. TECMO please Release an innovative camera obscura shaped controller just for this game, otherwise I refuse to be reasonable.
---
3DS FC: 1735-9985-7867
PSN: Citrean NNID: Citrean
#9Fimble_the_magePosted 8/18/2013 10:25:51 AM
SlimeSwayze posted...

For me, that would be really sad. The games played perfectly well and were absolutely terrifying on the PS2. There is no reason to remove that option. I get that some people like the Gamepad, but for me is completely kills the immersion when I switch between the two screens. It reminds me I am playing a game and that I'm holding this second screen in my hand. I love traditional controls because they are so intuitive and natural that you can practically forget that you're holding a controller in your hand at all. In a game like Fatal Frame, where atmosphere and immersion are key, having my controller make weird sounds and draw my attention away from the TV every time I use the camera would ruin the experience for me. It killed the immersion for me in Zombi U, and I can't imagine it would be any different in Fatal Frame.

There was nothing wrong with the controls in the original trilogy, so why force a change? They could easily make two control schemes (or three, if they want to include the wii-mote) to appeas everyone.

If you hate the gamepad, get a PS4 or Xbox One. Wii U games should use the gamepad in a meaningful way. That is why people bought the system.
---
Omegle is the worst site ever
#10SlimeSwayzePosted 8/18/2013 10:49:30 AM
SlimeSwayze posted...

If you hate the gamepad, get a PS4 or Xbox One. Wii U games should use the gamepad in a meaningful way. That is why people bought the system.

Why use the Gamepad if its only going to make the game worse for a lot of fans? Why release the Pro Controller if you're not going to make it optional? That's called painting yourself into a corner. And again, we're talking about options. You can have your "meaningful" Gamepad features if you want them, and I can play the games the way they were played in the original trilogy, which was great for me. FF is one of my favorite series of all-time and I'd prefer to play them the way they were originally meant to be played, not with a second screen that will only break the immersion.
---