Rumor: Microsoft moneyhatting Kamiya/Platinum Games for Xbox One exclusive

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Rumor: Microsoft moneyhatting Kamiya/Platinum Games for Xbox One exclusive

User Info: MilesTeg420

MilesTeg420
3 years ago#1
truthfact #4
If you thought people were mad about Bayonetta going sequel-exclusive to Wii-U, you'll be somewhat unhappy about what MS is money hatting with Platinum. Other Japanese devs are in play too, but Kamiya-town is the ONLY one I am solid on. Game is NOT for north america or europe, by the way, which makes no sense but whatever.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=654903

This comes from CBOAT so it's pretty much confirmed. I was hoping Platinum had a secret Metroid or Star Fox being developed for Nintendo, but I guess that's still possible. Odd that it wouldn't release in NA/EU.

User Info: AdamLazaruso

AdamLazaruso
3 years ago#2
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/67015174

Gosh. lrn2search
We should make a verbal agreement to only kiss each other.

User Info: digiblaster

digiblaster
3 years ago#3
AdamLazaruso posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/67015174

Gosh. lrn2search

There were no more than three minutes between posting. Get over yourself.
Yeah, that's a problem games had back then. You actually had to get good at them. - Mctias

User Info: SegavsCapcom

SegavsCapcom
3 years ago#4
Chalk up another reason I'm eventually getting a Xbox One.
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom

User Info: HiddenRoar

HiddenRoar
3 years ago#5
SegavsCapcom posted...
Chalk up another reason I'm eventually getting a Xbox One.

For games that you'll have to pay overpriced Japanese prices and importation/shipping fees?

User Info: NeoSamuel

NeoSamuel
3 years ago#6
I don't think it will work.

On the original Xbox they commissioned Atlus to make Shin Megami Tensei Nine as a Xbox exclusive. Didn't help them much. A shame too, Nine looks interesting.
I am the Black Mage! I casts the spells that makes the peoples fall down!

User Info: Shadowbird_RH

Shadowbird_RH
3 years ago#7
NeoSamuel posted...

On the original Xbox they commissioned Atlus to make Shin Megami Tensei Nine as a Xbox exclusive. Didn't help them much. A shame too, Nine looks interesting.

Nine? Where are five through eight?
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR

User Info: MilesTeg420

MilesTeg420
3 years ago#8
NeoSamuel posted...

Damn, never heard about this before.

User Info: syphoned_edge

syphoned_edge
3 years ago#9
MilesTeg420 posted...
truthfact #4
If you thought people were mad about Bayonetta going sequel-exclusive to Wii-U, you'll be somewhat unhappy about what MS is money hatting with Platinum. Other Japanese devs are in play too, but Kamiya-town is the ONLY one I am solid on. Game is NOT for north america or europe, by the way, which makes no sense but whatever.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=654903

This comes from CBOAT so it's pretty much confirmed. I was hoping Platinum had a secret Metroid or Star Fox being developed for Nintendo, but I guess that's still possible. Odd that it wouldn't release in NA/EU.

You do understand that Platinum are third party and without publisher, right?

They can still do Star Fox or Metroid if Nintendo wanted them to - they can still work on Microsoft projects if this rumour proves true as well.

User Info: Soanevalcke6

Soanevalcke6
3 years ago#10
Inaba and Kamiya would leave Platinum if Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, Square, Capcom, or any large company bought them.
"Hey, relax! We're the good guys! Justice will prevail and all that stuff... right, Samus?"
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Rumor: Microsoft moneyhatting Kamiya/Platinum Games for Xbox One exclusive

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived