Why do people assume reviewers can't play Wonderful 101?

#1Sniperdog117Posted 8/18/2013 10:20:27 PM
Seriously, you only played a demo of it. You don't know the whole story. And look at the reviews- like most games, there are some on the high spectrum, some on the low spectrum. That means that some loved it, and some didn't love it as much(game has been getting good reviews around the board, 7+ is actually rather good.) You might just fall into that higher spectrum. Just like how some people didn't like as much.

Look at Ocarina of Time. Game gotta a 99 on Metacritic. Yet people still hate it. Some say it "sucks". Well, if you have that opinion, then why not a reviewer of W101? Only difference is that hey affect the Metacore and you don't. Which really doesn't matter to you, anyway. Unless you are a fanboy. Of a new IP.

Guys, you hated Skyward Sword for its controls. Fans and reviewers alike complained about the controls. Same with Kid Icarus: Uprising. What surprises me is this: people jumped to the defense of Kid Icarus: Uprising and Skyward Sword, but it was nowhere near as bad as this. Seriously Nintendo fans, get your act together and stop acting like Vita fanboys, crazily jumping to the defense of any game that comes to your system.
#2YoyokuKOPosted 8/18/2013 10:27:56 PM(edited)
you can judge a game by its controls fairly quickly; even from a demo.

that said, i have no problem with the controls for this game, KI:U, AND SS. it was like breathing too me.

edit: i mis-spoke. i mean you can judge the controls fairly quickly, but not the quality of the entire game.
#3BloodychessPosted 8/18/2013 10:26:43 PM
Some IGN person had trouble drawing a circle on a video stream.

Or something like that
---
Not changing this sig until EA issues an apology for Madden 13
#4gamersince1993Posted 8/18/2013 10:28:22 PM
i dont give a F#$% about the systems.the problem with the reviewers for me is the inability to learn the game they are playing.all the games u mentioned have great controls whan u learn them,but pressing a button would work better in some cases in skyward sword.
#5DerPancakePosted 8/18/2013 10:35:11 PM(edited)
gamersince1993 posted...
i dont give a F#$% about the systems.the problem with the reviewers for me is the inability to learn the game they are playing.

If that were true, Real Time Strategy games would always be lowly rated because they are not easy to learn.
---
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt
#6YoyokuKOPosted 8/18/2013 10:37:26 PM
DerPancake posted...
gamersince1993 posted...
i dont give a F#$% about the systems.the problem with the reviewers for me is the inability to learn the game they are playing.

If that were true, Real Time Strategy games would always be lowly rated because they are not easy to learn.

lol, this one of the reasons why i stay away from rts. not my type of game, nor would i review one.

/get the right people for the job
#7Sniperdog117(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 10:37:48 PM
YoyokuKO posted...

that said, i have no problem with the controls for this game, KI:U, AND SS. it was like breathing too me.

edit: i mis-spoke. i mean you can judge the controls fairly quickly, but not the quality of the entire game.

Yeah, I never had trouble with KI:U or SS, or the W101 demo, but I can see people having trouble with all three. Less of KI:U though, never really understood why people complained. I think it was because it hurt your hand, rather than actually being hard to play.
#8Wiiplayer111Posted 8/18/2013 10:40:32 PM
The demo was easy to control. Many at IGN including the person who reviewed the game found the demo hard to control.

So people are wondering if reviewers are blaming the game for what is their fault. Duck Tales recently went through this when reviewers graded it low for being hard even though its the same difficulty that was on the NES.
---
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#9GoombaXPosted 8/18/2013 10:42:37 PM
They don't assume, they know. They have witnessed it first hand. I can't stand watching video reviews on most websites because the reviewers suck at the game.
---
Currently Playing: MvC 2(PS3), M&L: DT, Demon Souls(PS3), Star Ocean :Last Hope International (ps3), Pikmin 3
#10Mandrew257Posted 8/18/2013 10:46:19 PM
Sniperdog117 posted...
YoyokuKO posted...

Yeah, I never had trouble with KI:U or SS, or the W101 demo, but I can see people having trouble with all three. Less of KI:U though, never really understood why people complained. I think it was because it hurt your hand, rather than actually being hard to play.

The only problem I had with KI: U was the later levels were SO LONG, up to 30mins. And with the controls it got uncomfortable after a while. The first few levels are fine. I can see why people would have a problem with this. But W101 I picked up in like 10mins.
---
"One mistake doesnt make someone an idiot. Its how they DEAL with the mistake that makes them a hero" - Ken Pontac.