Why do people assume reviewers can't play Wonderful 101?

#21darkjedilinkPosted 8/19/2013 12:50:54 AM
NovaLevossida posted...
Any time you use motion or touchscreen controls, you end up in a situation where the controls are going to be less precise than just by using buttons. That doesn't mean they aren't better suited for a game, but you have to understand that they won't be precise all the time. In a game like this that relies on drawing things on a touchscreen and then more abilities are added into the fray which can make distinguishing between different ones problematic, yeah, I can understand where the controls can be somewhat imprecise and cause frustration.

Nothing you draw on the touchscreen can't be mimicked by just using the right stick. THAT is why people assume reviewers just can't play the game - they quite literally ignore half the tutorial that mentions using the right stick INSTEAD OF the touchscreen FOR GD NEAR EVERYTHING.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#22mcsmellingtonPosted 8/19/2013 1:03:56 AM
darkjedilink posted...
NovaLevossida posted...
Any time you use motion or touchscreen controls, you end up in a situation where the controls are going to be less precise than just by using buttons. That doesn't mean they aren't better suited for a game, but you have to understand that they won't be precise all the time. In a game like this that relies on drawing things on a touchscreen and then more abilities are added into the fray which can make distinguishing between different ones problematic, yeah, I can understand where the controls can be somewhat imprecise and cause frustration.

Nothing you draw on the touchscreen can't be mimicked by just using the right stick. THAT is why people assume reviewers just can't play the game - they quite literally ignore half the tutorial that mentions using the right stick INSTEAD OF the touchscreen FOR GD NEAR EVERYTHING.

The reviews I've read say though that using the Right Stick is near useless for anything that isn't a straight line or a circle. Which is understandable really, sounds a bit like Skate where doing the basic tricks is easy enough, but anything more just becomes fiddly.
---
GT: McPoo Friend Code: 0146-9590-6349
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#23nonexistingheroPosted 8/19/2013 1:40:00 AM
Bloodychess posted...
Some IGN person had trouble drawing a circle on a video stream.

Or something like that

Even a straight line was too hard for him, to be honest.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#24darkjedilinkPosted 8/19/2013 1:41:30 AM
mcsmellington posted...
The reviews I've read say though that using the Right Stick is near useless for anything that isn't a straight line or a circle.

Which kind of proves the point, since this isn't true at all.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#25mcsmellingtonPosted 8/19/2013 1:46:52 AM
darkjedilink posted...
mcsmellington posted...
The reviews I've read say though that using the Right Stick is near useless for anything that isn't a straight line or a circle.

Which kind of proves the point, since this isn't true at all.

I honestly wouldn't know either way tbh. I played the demo, and did make use of the right stick, but only for circles and straight lines.

All I'm saying is that it wouldn't surprise me if it was true, trying to draw anything more than that with the right stick, in the middle of a battle could be quite easy to cock up.
---
GT: McPoo Friend Code: 0146-9590-6349
PSN/NNID: McSmellington