Is Luigi a better character than Mario?

#1DeltaProjPosted 8/19/2013 8:59:47 AM
Personally, I'd say yes. He actually has a bit of personality and Nintendo seems to have fun writing for him. What do you guys think?

http://lezgetreal.com/2013/08/gayme-on-year-of-luigi-sibling-rivalry-pt-1/
---
All my base are...broken :(
#2mcsmellingtonPosted 8/19/2013 9:01:07 AM
He's got more character than Mario, but that really isn't saying much.
---
GT: McPoo Friend Code: 0146-9590-6349
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#3metalmariolordPosted 8/19/2013 9:01:15 AM
No effing way.

Luigi is very cool though.He scores a close second.
---
Do you judge games by graphics and not gameplay?Only like realistic games?
GO PLAY REAL LIFE!
#4arvilinoPosted 8/19/2013 9:01:25 AM
Obviously, Mario wouldn't have his appeal if he wasn't an everyman sort of character.
---
"The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time."
#5BkzIzuPosted 8/19/2013 9:23:50 AM
Faster, jumps higher, actually has a personality, and is green.
Luigi > Mario
#6WhiteKilla666Posted 8/19/2013 9:24:57 AM
He's more interesting to me. Especially when he was Mr. L
---
*~If you love HPL and have accepted him as your lord and savior and are not afraid to show it make this your signature~*
#7The_Shadow_LinkPosted 8/19/2013 9:29:00 AM
Easily, Mario has to stay static as the Everyday Hero. Luigi can evolve as the enigmatic sidekick.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#8RockD79Posted 8/19/2013 9:42:47 AM
I don't mind Luigi that much. He jumps higher but has bad brakes.
---
Now Playing: Earthbound/M&L Dream Team
Total Tools Detooled: 152
#9shroom_ninja_XPosted 8/19/2013 9:58:31 AM
I guess it's a matter of preference. I prefer Mario, but I can see why Luigi has his fans as well, they're both great characters.

One thing that always bugs me when this subject comes up are some of Luigi's overzealous fans (I'm not saying that's anyone here) who go out of their way to bash Mario ("bland, no personality, etc.")
I think that's missing the whole point.
Luigi is the guy you can relate to. He's timid, a bit withdrawn, and can scare easily, just like any real person would in the situations our heroes find themselves in.
Mario is the guy you want to be like. He's selfless, brave, fearless, he's always in a great mood, he always looks out for his friends, always beats up the bad guys, and he always gets the girl in the end.

In the end, they both kinda need each other. The contrast is what makes both characters likable. Luigi wouldn't be half as interesting if he didn't have Mario to bounce off.
---
Word to your mother.
#10occonoPosted 8/19/2013 10:02:39 AM
Yes. You can tell from the RPGs it's more fun to write for him.