If Sony want bankrupt and they needed someone to buy them, would Nintendo bid?

#11arvilinoPosted 8/19/2013 4:00:51 PM
BkzIzu posted...
Do people actually think no company would want to buy the God Of War, Uncharted, Last of Us, Infamous, GT, LBP,etc. IPs?
Wow.

I thought Naughty Dog owned Last of Us and Uncharted, sort of like how Rare owns Banjo Kazooie.
---
"The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time."
#12BkzIzuPosted 8/19/2013 4:06:34 PM
arvilino posted...
BkzIzu posted...
Do people actually think no company would want to buy the God Of War, Uncharted, Last of Us, Infamous, GT, LBP,etc. IPs?
Wow.

I thought Naughty Dog owned Last of Us and Uncharted, sort of like how Rare owns Banjo Kazooie.

Naughty Dog basically is Sony.
Also Microsoft owns Banjo since they own Rare 100%, just like how Nintendo owns Retro 100%
#13capturinggod200Posted 8/19/2013 4:38:22 PM
if anything nintendo may be the one facing bankruptcy if come next gen they don't step it up have you seen wii U sales 2 years and they are just now coming out with system seller games while right off the bat sony and hell even xbox one is releasing with system sellers.
#14arvilinoPosted 8/19/2013 4:45:55 PM(edited)
capturinggod200 posted...
if anything nintendo may be the one facing bankruptcy if come next gen they don't step it up have you seen wii U sales 2 years and they are just now coming out with system seller games while right off the bat sony and hell even xbox one is releasing with system sellers.

The WiiU hasn't even been out a year yet. The ~2 year old system that's struggling is the PSVita.
---
"The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time."
#15deathwave21Posted 8/19/2013 4:45:10 PM
Nintendo is a game company. Sony is an electronics company. The president of neither company know anything about running an electronics company.
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!
#16Snow-DustPosted 8/19/2013 4:47:07 PM
NCPwn posted...
I think that Apple would take them. Apple is genius when it comes to hardware, and Nintendo are genius when it comes to game software.

no... I own an apple device and I can definitely tell you its the worst of all smartphone, the only thing has it going is its itune and fashion like trend

Sony is in a huge debt right now so pretty much that sums up Sony could go bankrupt
#17SSJ4CHRISPosted 8/19/2013 4:49:01 PM
METALINGUS5150 posted...
Would Nintendo fans want ANY of Sony's IP's on nintendo consoles?

Why would you think ANY Nintendo fans would have a say in the matter?
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 White 2 FC: 2924 7399 0619 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#18Who_Dat504Posted 8/19/2013 4:51:07 PM
arvilino posted...
BkzIzu posted...
Wow.

This is why Sony should not be discussed on this board, people don't know what there talking about smh
---
Saints, LSU, and Pelicans fan!
#19capturinggod200Posted 8/19/2013 4:52:43 PM
arvilino posted...

The WiiU hasn't even been out a year yet. The ~2 year old system that's struggling is the PSVita.

sorry I meant its the beginning of year 2 the wii U and they are just now coming out with system seller games.
#20HayashiTakaraPosted 8/19/2013 4:54:37 PM
Sony itself would end up in a merger, whether its game development studios will be up for auction or not is hard to say.