What is your favorite Wii or Wii U game ever?

#1bronze4v4proPosted 8/19/2013 8:23:33 PM
My favorite Wii game is Hotel for Dogs because it lets you run a hotel for dogs. I like to groom the playful puppies, and build strange contraptions with spare bits and odd tools that I find lying around my dog hotel.

What's yours?
#2NeoMonkPosted 8/19/2013 8:48:22 PM
It's probably a tie between
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Mario Galaxy & Pikmin 2
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#3the_cajun88Posted 8/19/2013 8:49:46 PM
bronze4v4pro posted...
My favorite Wii game is Hotel for Dogs because it lets you run a hotel for dogs.

intriguing
---
University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i.imgur.com/jC1P9wo.jpg
#4KaiserWarriorPosted 8/19/2013 8:50:07 PM
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. I feel 100% confident in saying that there will be no other games released for the U, barring Monster Hunter 4 G/Ultimate/Whatever, that will cause me to log 300+ hours on the machine.
#5WolfAlmightyPosted 8/19/2013 8:59:31 PM
So far, NSMBU.

There, I said it. I've played through it four times now, and I'm sure I'll do it again some day. I have more time put into MH3 than any other title, but NSMBU is a game I can just pick up and play for 10-20 minutes at a time (as opposed to, say, having to do a HR Agnaktor fight which takes 45 minutes if I'm lucky enough to even kill it before time expires).

<MH3 rant/question>

Seriously, how the hell do you kill one of these things in time with an LS when it spends 80% of the fight enraged to the point where you cannot even go near it without getting tossed around like a ragdoll? I'm even using the Barbarian LS and the goddamn thing doesn't DIE or even start limping so I can get a cap. I get a tail cut quickly and easy enough, but it just seems ridiculously durable and goes into rage mode at the slightest provocation. I'd love to upgrade my weapons but I can't without killing these stronger beasties, and I can't kill the stronger beasties in time without stronger weapons. Or should I just abandon LS and try for a different weapon that I might be able to use on them when they're enraged?

</rant>
#6CranberryPSOPosted 8/19/2013 8:59:38 PM
Dragon Quest X.

http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws.com/image/jpeg/09d25c84a3a3ddd38022b517920660fa05f934c.jpg
---
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 2
#7Tsutarja495Posted 8/19/2013 9:00:28 PM
Xenoblade Chronicles is my favorite for Wii, and for any home console really. Nintendo Land is my favorite for Wii U.
---
I'm not a gamer, I'm a Nintendrone. Here's proof I live to serve Nintendo:
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee371/Anonymous987654321/HNI_0030.jpg
#8WildsparkPosted 8/19/2013 9:01:40 PM
Tales of Symphonia: dawn of the new world
---
We're the gaming community. We don't have to respect anyone or their wishes- FayeLady
#9jerrbear64Posted 8/19/2013 9:06:19 PM
Wii- Super Mario Galaxy 1+2

Wii U - NSMBU/NSLU, Batman AC, Lego City, Pikmin 3, and Nintendo Land are all really good

Also is Hotel for Dogs a real game?
#10bronze4v4pro(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 9:34:20 PM
jerrbear64 posted...

Also is Hotel for Dogs a real game?

Yes, it is a real game. It's available for the Wii, DS, and PC. I have it in all three formats becasue I like the game so much. When I want to relax in my living room I like to play it on the Wii, when I'm on a long car ride with my family I like to zone out with Hotel for Dogs on DS which sure beats having to listen to my mom or sister yap, and every now and then I play it on the PC because sometimes I just like to use the mouse when I'm grooming the puppies.

Overall I would rate Hotel for Dogs 9.9/10. I take away .1 points because there weren't enough dog breeds, and also I would have liked more variety in the contraptions you can construct. I would certainly love to be able to make cool looking Steampunkesque goggles and boots and put them on the dogs. That brings up another feature I'd like included which would be a runway so that the dogs could model off cool gadgets that you make, and dog sweaters if you could buy them. I won't subtract any points because the game developers probably didn't think of that idea and I can't fault them for that.