Disney Infinity. is it a buy?

#1TalentedMPosted 8/20/2013 12:04:48 AM
I am incredibly interested in this game, but I am also interested in Splinter Cell and I have NSLU reserved.

I can pretty much only afford 1 other game if I wanted to and I see that gamestop has a $15 off code.

Should I buy one of these games? Should I put off on it?

Normally I don't bother posting about it but I haven't seen any talk about Disney Infinity and it looks like a ton of fun. Has anyone picked it up for any of their systems?
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#2IokuaPosted 8/20/2013 12:10:02 AM
Sooo, you're interested in a game clearly marketed at six year old kids with stupid parents?
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#3wugeezyPosted 8/20/2013 12:10:39 AM
From what people are saying its a fun game, especially for the toybox mode. The only thing you really need to consider is the amount of spending you might have to do to fully enjoy the game. It can get pricey but if that's not an issue its something to look into if you are interested.
#4Rayze_DarrPosted 8/20/2013 12:13:15 AM
Iokua posted...
Sooo, you're interested in a game clearly marketed at six year old kids with stupid parents?

Exactly! Games targeted towards kids absolutely cannot be fun for adults! TC needs to only play M-rated games, or else he's not a real man!
---
3DS FC: 5327 - 0902 - 3469
New Leaf Dream Address: 5500 - 2146 - 0428
#5TalentedM(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 12:16:34 AM(edited)
Iokua posted...

Sure, something like that. I mean I have bought every Pokemon game since red/blue, cards for everything from Magic to Pokemon, I want Pokemon Rumble U because it has little figurines and I collect games and figures and have since I was in middle school.

Also a huge fan of Disney pictures in general and the sandbox mode of the game looked really fun. I watched a few videos of Seananners playing around in it and it looked really interesting.

Just wondering if anyone picked it up for themselves or for their kids.

(I also saw that eventually there would be Wreck-it-Ralph stuff for it, and it makes me want it a bit more....)

Rayze_Darr posted...

Exactly! Games targeted towards kids absolutely cannot be fun for adults! TC needs to only play M-rated games, or else he's not a real man!

Lol, thanks for sticking up for me and man-children everywhere. But trust me, I could care less than what some pleeb on the internet thinks of me.

If it makes you feel any better I just set up my NFL Fantasy Football team up today Iokua.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#6NinjaGamer_23Posted 8/20/2013 12:15:26 AM
Im 31 and I bought the starter pack. You don't need to buy all the figures right away, they are so easy to find. The only ones that most people want is that crystal McQueen car you can buy from toys rus and that exclusive disc.
#7IokuaPosted 8/20/2013 12:15:30 AM
Rayze_Darr posted...
Iokua posted...

Well no, that was more of a dig about how you need to spend money on more of the toys to get the most out of it. You know, kids with no money of their own, parents who are too stupid to see they're being ripped off.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#8Kromlech06Posted 8/20/2013 12:15:56 AM
If it wasn't for the enormous investment (initial and future) I'd be all over it.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#9Rayze_DarrPosted 8/20/2013 12:16:57 AM
Iokua posted...
Rayze_Darr posted...
Iokua posted...

Well no, that was more of a dig about how you need to spend money on more of the toys to get the most out of it. You know, kids with no money of their own, parents who are too stupid to see they're being ripped off.

Ah, yes, Skylanders syndrome. My apologies, Iokua, for jumping to conclusions on your assumptions. I do agree that the whole figurine-thing is a bit of a corporate cash-cow and should be discouraged.

Still, if the game's good enough, it might be worth it. Who knows?
---
3DS FC: 5327 - 0902 - 3469
New Leaf Dream Address: 5500 - 2146 - 0428
#10mlahodikPosted 8/20/2013 7:37:03 AM
I'm 44, and most people playing this game are not 6 years old. The game has a lot of value, it's challenging.

Aside from the figures being collectable, it's not Skylanders.

If I had to compare it to another game it would be little big planet, with a touch of minecraft.

Replay ability is really high.

You can get away with just buying the starter pack. Jack Sparrow is my favorite so far.

I'm 44, female, and I know many of you think of us females as casual gamers, but I consider myself a hardcore gamer. I play every genre out there except sports titles.

This game is awesome! But in all honesty, there are some people out there that may be too immature to play this game.
---
FC: 4081-6350-3674 ; NNID: Mahrii
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.