Disney Infinity. is it a buy?

#21BMD1990Posted 8/20/2013 2:19:13 PM
Kromlech06 posted...
If it wasn't for the enormous investment (initial and future) I'd be all over it.

if the "DLC" was handled like LBP and characters costed $1 or 2 and the world expansions $5 maybe $10ish I'd be all over it
---
Spoilers for next week's RAW
Shield Wins
#22R_HunterPosted 8/20/2013 2:20:35 PM
So barring the massive investment necessary to get everything out of the disk, the game itself is good?

Good to hear.
---
To be fair, the overall plot of the MGS series sounds like it was written by a 7 year old on amphetamines.-CrystalKing5426
Official Xion of the KHIII Board
#23ChokusetsuPosted 8/20/2013 2:25:02 PM
GuyFawkes5 posted...
Iokua posted...
Sooo, you're interested in a game clearly marketed at six year old kids with stupid parents?

What are you, TC's financial adviser? People can buy what they please.

He's asking for opinions. Here's our opinion: Anyone that values their own money isn't stupid enough to waste money on this ridiculous cash grab that locks 90% of its content behind expensive figurines.
Don't like the opinions? Don't post. Need a tissue?
---
De arimasu
#24oldhbk76Posted 8/21/2013 12:44:56 AM
yes, the toy box mode is worth the price alone
---
gamer tag SteelWolf76: Wii U ID: steelwolf76
#25oldhbk76Posted 8/21/2013 12:47:49 AM
who said wii u version is flawed, ive never had a problem, no slow down no freezing no glitches
---
gamer tag SteelWolf76: Wii U ID: steelwolf76
#26TalentedM(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 1:17:07 AM
Chokusetsu posted...

He's asking for opinions. Here's our opinion: Anyone that values their own money isn't stupid enough to waste money on this ridiculous cash grab that locks 90% of its content behind expensive figurines.
Don't like the opinions? Don't post. Need a tissue?

Is it 90%? I am pretty sure that is made up...

Do you need to buy the alternative figures for anything other than to play their levels if you are interested? Like if I don't like Cars I don't have to get them or anything to unlock anything extra right?
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#27NinjaGamer_23Posted 8/21/2013 1:29:34 AM
hall of heroes say hello.
#28bh7812Posted 8/21/2013 12:34:33 PM
Quote:Iokua posted...
Sooo, you're interested in a game clearly marketed at six year old kids with stupid parents?

Sure, something like that. I mean I have bought every Pokemon game since red/blue, cards for everything from Magic to Pokemon, I want Pokemon Rumble U because it has little figurines and I collect games and figures and have since I was in middle school.

Also a huge fan of Disney pictures in general and the sandbox mode of the game looked really fun. I watched a few videos of Seananners playing around in it and it looked really interesting.

Just wondering if anyone picked it up for themselves or for their kids.

(I also saw that eventually there would be Wreck-it-Ralph stuff for it, and it makes me want it a bit more....)

Rayze_Darr posted...

Exactly! Games targeted towards kids absolutely cannot be fun for adults! TC needs to only play M-rated games, or else he's not a real man!

Lol, thanks for sticking up for me and man-children everywhere. But trust me, I could care less than what some pleeb on the internet thinks of me.

If it makes you feel any better I just set up my NFL Fantasy Football team up today Iokua.

@TalentedM

I would say based on your past experience..getting every Pokemon, the cards, wanting Pokemon rumble U, fan of Disney.,I'd definitely say that Disney Infinity would be an extremely good purchase for you. I'm very tempted to buy it too..the only thing causing me to hesitate is asking myself "Do I absolutely need all the figures to fully enjoy it?" And if I do, which ones? But another poster says you can get by with just the starter pack so I'm leaning very much toward it, it does look really fun so well see. But, given what you've said I'd say to for it. It seems like you'd be pretty happy with getting it right now.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.11