Would anyone mind a Super Mario World HD?

#1Oni_TaedoPosted 8/20/2013 10:49:55 AM
Developed by WayForward?
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
#2SlimeSwayzePosted 8/20/2013 10:52:39 AM
I don't see the point, but I guess I wouldn't care one way or the other. I can go at least 5 years without seeing another 2D Mario platformer, though, whether it is a new game or a remake. I think WayForward could spend their time doing something more worthwhile.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#3Rival_Blue_1999Posted 8/20/2013 10:53:26 AM
SlimeSwayze posted...
I don't see the point, but I guess I wouldn't care one way or the other. I can go at least 5 years without seeing another 2D Mario platformer, though, whether it is a new game or a remake. I think WayForward could spend their time doing something more worthwhile.

NSMB kinda killed the 2D Mario for me. At the moment mind you.
---
Nintendo Network: Jon_14
#4kuragari1anonlyPosted 8/20/2013 10:54:54 AM
That Super Mario World Redrawn graphics patch was awesome on that note.
---
Destroy them all! Shoot the core!
"I am in awe at your ability to break every game you touch xD" - Capt. McWaffleton
#5Tsutarja495Posted 8/20/2013 10:56:48 AM
I'd skip it for the same reason I'm skipping WWHD, I already have the original game and I'm not buying it again just for graphics (I don't even care about graphics in the first place, I'm still using a SDTV).
---
I'm not a gamer, I'm a Nintendrone. Here's proof I live to serve Nintendo:
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee371/Anonymous987654321/HNI_0030.jpg
#6GoombaXPosted 8/20/2013 10:58:22 AM
Rival_Blue_1999 posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...

NSMBU was pretty good
---
Currently Playing: MvC 2(PS3), M&L: DT, Demon Souls(PS3), Star Ocean :Last Hope International (ps3), Pikmin 3
#7R_HunterPosted 8/20/2013 11:23:08 AM
GoombaX posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...

NSMBU was pretty good

I hear that NSLU was great but how's the original? This is coming from someone that's enjoyed the NSMB series and owns every entry save for NSMB 2 and the two U games.
---
To be fair, the overall plot of the MGS series sounds like it was written by a 7 year old on amphetamines.-CrystalKing5426
Official Xion of the KHIII Board
#8GoombaXPosted 8/20/2013 11:28:37 AM
R_Hunter posted...
GoombaX posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...

NSMBU was pretty good

I hear that NSLU was great but how's the original? This is coming from someone that's enjoyed the NSMB series and owns every entry save for NSMB 2 and the two U games.

NSMBU is like a mix between what was great about SMW and SMB3.
Tons of secrets and quite a few challenging levels. Specially if you go after all 3 coins in each level.
---
Currently Playing: MvC 2(PS3), M&L: DT, Demon Souls(PS3), Star Ocean :Last Hope International (ps3), Pikmin 3
#9FenderMasterPosted 8/20/2013 11:29:30 AM
SlimeSwayze posted...

---
http://www.jvp-boston.org
#10wugeezyPosted 8/20/2013 11:30:26 AM
Absolutely. Although I personally would prefer one of Mario 3.

When stuff is redrawn it can look amazing in hd. I really liked how Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD looked. And Ducktales also looks awesome.