I'm going to defend Wind Waker's price point

#1ADHDguitarPosted 8/20/2013 4:48:14 PM
Unlike most HD Collections which are just ports with crisper textures at a higher resolution, this is a full on re-build with all the assets redone for the Wii U. This increases development costs drastically.

I know $60 is still pretty high for a re-release, but it's fairly understandable.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#2DarkAdonis123Posted 8/20/2013 4:54:26 PM
I don't ask this to be funny, but where is your proof that all the assists were redone? It looks like the same game with a visual touch up. I still own and play the original.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#3segagamerPosted 8/20/2013 4:54:44 PM
Meh, I've never played the game, but faster boat controls and even better graphics is great to me!

I'll get the game around Christmas.
#4GigantLuffyPosted 8/20/2013 4:55:15 PM
I haven't been keeping up with this game. Have the assets really been redone?
---
Sephiroth: " Mother..."
Squall: "I'm not your mom."
#5Baha05Posted 8/20/2013 4:55:19 PM
Have we got an official price?
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#6WhiteKilla666Posted 8/20/2013 4:57:10 PM
Most of the assets for KH HD Remix had to be remade too...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/27/original-kingdom-hearts-assets-lost

Still only $40 how nice of them
---
*~If you love HPL and have accepted him as your lord and savior and are not afraid to show it make this your signature~*
#7PigfartsPosted 8/20/2013 4:58:04 PM
Since I never played the game I dont mind the price. What game is the gameplay similar too.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#8DarkAdonis123Posted 8/20/2013 4:58:47 PM
WhiteKilla666 posted...
Most of the assets for KH HD Remix had to be remade too...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/27/original-kingdom-hearts-assets-lost

Still only $40 how nice of them

This, seriously.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#9Baha05Posted 8/20/2013 4:59:38 PM
Again no official price?
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#10Shadowbird_RHPosted 8/20/2013 5:01:54 PM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
I don't ask this to be funny, but where is your proof that all the assists were redone? It looks like the same game with a visual touch up. I still own and play the original.

This. It just looks like it was polished up and fitted with a few augments. Not really enough to warrant a full price, especially with SquareEnix putting out two touched up games for less than the price of one.

It's a good buy for first-timers, and I don't think it's major issue or anything, but if WWHD is released at full price, I would think it'd be a bit of a stretch to defend. Accept, sure, but defend? I wouldn't go that far.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR