I'm going to defend Wind Waker's price point

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I'm going to defend Wind Waker's price point
3 years ago#1
Unlike most HD Collections which are just ports with crisper textures at a higher resolution, this is a full on re-build with all the assets redone for the Wii U. This increases development costs drastically.

I know $60 is still pretty high for a re-release, but it's fairly understandable.
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
3 years ago#2
I don't ask this to be funny, but where is your proof that all the assists were redone? It looks like the same game with a visual touch up. I still own and play the original.
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
3 years ago#3
Meh, I've never played the game, but faster boat controls and even better graphics is great to me!

I'll get the game around Christmas.
3 years ago#4
I haven't been keeping up with this game. Have the assets really been redone?
Sephiroth: " Mother..."
Squall: "I'm not your mom."
3 years ago#5
Have we got an official price?
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
3 years ago#6
Most of the assets for KH HD Remix had to be remade too...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/27/original-kingdom-hearts-assets-lost

Still only $40 how nice of them
*~If you love HPL and have accepted him as your lord and savior and are not afraid to show it make this your signature~*
3 years ago#7
Since I never played the game I dont mind the price. What game is the gameplay similar too.
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
3 years ago#8
WhiteKilla666 posted...
Most of the assets for KH HD Remix had to be remade too...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/27/original-kingdom-hearts-assets-lost

Still only $40 how nice of them

This, seriously.
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
3 years ago#9
Again no official price?
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
3 years ago#10
DarkAdonis123 posted...
I don't ask this to be funny, but where is your proof that all the assists were redone? It looks like the same game with a visual touch up. I still own and play the original.

This. It just looks like it was polished up and fitted with a few augments. Not really enough to warrant a full price, especially with SquareEnix putting out two touched up games for less than the price of one.

It's a good buy for first-timers, and I don't think it's major issue or anything, but if WWHD is released at full price, I would think it'd be a bit of a stretch to defend. Accept, sure, but defend? I wouldn't go that far.
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I'm going to defend Wind Waker's price point

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived