I'm going to defend Wind Waker's price point

#21GoombaXPosted 8/20/2013 7:01:47 PM
Shadowbird_RH posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
I don't ask this to be funny, but where is your proof that all the assists were redone? It looks like the same game with a visual touch up. I still own and play the original.

This. It just looks like it was polished up and fitted with a few augments. Not really enough to warrant a full price, especially with SquareEnix putting out two touched up games for less than the price of one.

It's a good buy for first-timers, and I don't think it's major issue or anything, but if WWHD is released at full price, I would think it'd be a bit of a stretch to defend. Accept, sure, but defend? I wouldn't go that far.

go search for the topics that argue that it is a remake.
---
Currently Playing: MvC 2(PS3), M&L: DT, Demon Souls(PS3), Star Ocean :Last Hope International (ps3), Pikmin 3
#22amonte64Posted 8/20/2013 7:06:49 PM
Obviously $50 is overpriced. Games made from the ground up are $60, sometimes less, and $50 on PC, so $50 and even $40 is over for this.
#23Crazyguy4005Posted 8/20/2013 7:11:20 PM
I pre-ordered it early from amazon when they had it listed at $49.99 and with their pre-order price guarantee...well thats the price I am getting it for.
---
3DS FC 1418-6712-5855
#24deathwave21Posted 8/20/2013 7:13:28 PM
amonte64 posted...
Obviously $50 is overpriced. Games made from the ground up are $60, sometimes less, and $50 on PC, so $50 and even $40 is over for this.

Is this like a written policy or something? I keep reading people posting these things like there is some kind of regulations or rule book.
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!
#25SSJ4CHRISPosted 8/20/2013 7:21:38 PM
deathwave21 posted...
The funny thing is that people who want to buy the original version have to fork over $200 for a new copy. If something happened to my GCN copy, I would be one of those people. I am a proud Wii U owner, so now I can save $140+ (assuming the game really is $60) and get an enhanced version as a back up. WW is the best Zelda game and the sad fact is that most people who disagree never got the chance to play the game.

Sure Sony and M$ may offer HD touch ups on their systems' games at lower prices, but I doubt seriously they have the quality this game will have. All the HD collections I have played on the PS3 were crap. XB games are crap to begin with, so I hardly doubt HD would improve them anyways. I doubt seriously Nintendo will charge $60 for WW HD, but it is definitely a fair price. I wouldn't be surprised if the game retailed for $29.99 or was even offered somehow free of charge.

YOu say its sad people disagree about WW without playing it, then you claim you "doubt" that Sony and MS HD remakes have the quality of WW rehash without having played them. Hyp-o-crite.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 White 2 FC: 2924 7399 0619 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#26deathwave21Posted 8/21/2013 3:36:00 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
deathwave21 posted...
The funny thing is that people who want to buy the original version have to fork over $200 for a new copy. If something happened to my GCN copy, I would be one of those people. I am a proud Wii U owner, so now I can save $140+ (assuming the game really is $60) and get an enhanced version as a back up. WW is the best Zelda game and the sad fact is that most people who disagree never got the chance to play the game.

Sure Sony and M$ may offer HD touch ups on their systems' games at lower prices, but I doubt seriously they have the quality this game will have. All the HD collections I have played on the PS3 were crap. XB games are crap to begin with, so I hardly doubt HD would improve them anyways. I doubt seriously Nintendo will charge $60 for WW HD, but it is definitely a fair price. I wouldn't be surprised if the game retailed for $29.99 or was even offered somehow free of charge.

YOu say its sad people disagree about WW without playing it, then you claim you "doubt" that Sony and MS HD remakes have the quality of WW rehash without having played them. Hyp-o-crite.

Why would I buy an HD copy of a game I didn't enjoy? I played the originals, very few people played WW. Most judged it and dismissed it. Believe it or not, but GCN sold very few units. Anyone who has actually played WW knows that it is the most amazing Zelda title.
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!
#27Leon_Powalski_7Posted 8/21/2013 3:51:43 PM
She-Holc posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
I don't ask this to be funny, but where is your proof that all the assists were redone? It looks like the same game with a visual touch up. I still own and play the original.

this. tc do you have proof to back your claims? please dont tell me this is just another reassurance topic.

This, the footage we've seen of the game hasn't shown anything new or different that wasn't in the gc version
---
I am the great Leon!
#28amonte64Posted 8/21/2013 3:52:36 PM
deathwave21 posted...
amonte64 posted...

Is this like a written policy or something? I keep reading people posting these things like there is some kind of regulations or rule book.

It's common sense. If a brand new game is build from the ground up and is given a $60 price ($60 is still overpriced. If you don't believe me look it up), then obviously this game for $60, $50 or $40 is overpriced.
#29DTY3Posted 8/21/2013 3:53:38 PM
Pigfarts posted...
Since I never played the game I dont mind the price. What game is the gameplay similar too.

Is that a question? If so,it plays like most3D Zeldas.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
#30ElectricMolePosted 8/21/2013 3:55:42 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
Unlike most HD Collections which are just ports with crisper textures at a higher resolution, this is a full on re-build with all the assets redone for the Wii U. This increases development costs drastically.

I know $60 is still pretty high for a re-release, but it's fairly understandable.

KH 1.5 and MGS Collection just shot your reasoning down. Those games were completely redone. The textures were remastered and the HUD as as well, not to mention the change from 4:3 to 16:9.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188