Who do you like better, Sonic or Mario?

#11Jason Hart MaiviaPosted 8/21/2013 2:02:04 AM
I like Sonic the CHARACTER and Mario's GAMES.

Mario is bland and boring as a character. There's not a lot about him that makes him interesting. I thing Luigi has more personality than him.
Sonic feels like a cool 80's/90s cartoon character, which makes the story of his games more interesting. If I were a young kid today, I'd rather buy cool sonic toys, shirts, and cereal before Mario's.

Games are a different things, but they're all made by different game development studios.
Sonic does have decent games, but they're no where as entertaining as Mario's.
Mario has the edge because he's feature in a variety of different game genres, but his main platformer-type games seem to feel like they're just better overall.

Things can change at any moment. I mean, Sonic just released yet another fantastic kart racer that I believe are much better than all of the Mario Kart games.

So, to tell you the truth, I don't know how to answer the question asked in the poll.
---
Praise Rainbow Mika
SSBB: 3652-6261-7096 + Mario Kart Wii: 2707-7247-9079 + Samurai Warriors 3: 0346-6035-0276
#12Mobius1RisingPosted 8/21/2013 2:04:32 AM
i grew up with both so both.
---
My favourite game is Okami.im also a fan of the Hyperdimension Neptunia series,& Ace combat.my favourite female characters are Leifang Momiji & Samus.
#13Shadowbird_RHPosted 8/21/2013 2:13:22 AM
Mario has the better games, but Sonic, IMO, is the better character.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#14kilaudePosted 8/21/2013 2:15:41 AM
metalmariolord posted...
Zero280 posted...
Now if you would of put Link I would chose him instead of Mario.

Link is overrated.
Guess who'll win the character battle this year?

Cloud?
#15PSOLavisPosted 8/21/2013 2:35:05 AM
In terms of games, Mario. In terms of character and music, Sonic.
#16Sniperdog117Posted 8/21/2013 2:35:54 AM
Sanic the Hadgehug is making his comeback! Lost Worlds is going to rock! It'll be like Galaxy, but with a silly story with actual character.
#17manmousePosted 8/21/2013 8:16:26 AM
Sonic, in terms of appearance, and attitude / personality.

plus, the huge branching exploration-based level design in Sonic 1, 2, 3, S+K, and Sonic CD is farrrrr better than the level design any Mario game i've played.

plus Mushroom Kingdom gets boring to see over and over again and outside Galaxy and Sunshine Mario has too many pale pastel color schemes.
but Sonic's worlds (outside of the Adventure titles and 3D games before Colors) are a diverse mix of scifi and tropical lush nature and a world tour of every theme and setting imaginable, plus his color schemes are more neon and epic. and fortunately with Colors and the upcoming Lost Worlds, those styles are back.

Sonic's music is also better in every way. especially with Michael Jackson's contributions.

Mario has better side characters with Toad, Luigi, and Yoshi though, while Sonic's only good side characters are Tails and Knuckles while his franchise has had 100s of awful characters added in.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY
#18DragonwarriordudePosted 8/21/2013 8:23:24 AM
Mario.
---
Sig.
#19Lord_FroodPosted 8/21/2013 8:44:48 AM
All IMO:

Sonic, easily. The few good Mario games are better than any Sonic game, but Sonic games are consistently better than Mario. Nearly any 2-D Sonic Mario is better than 2-D Mario games, but Mario has Sonic beat when it comes to 3-D. The first few 3-D Sonics and the later ones have been above average though. Anything from SA2 to Colors was pretty bad (I'm saying that SA2 and Colors are good, just not what was in between).

Again, all IMO.
---
"PS3 is my favourite hentai game." - TakayaNoriko
http://youtu.be/ROk_XmYV_WI
#20nonexistingheroPosted 8/21/2013 8:49:37 AM
Sonic as a character. Sonic as far as sidescrollers go (in general).

Mario in terms of quality and as far 3D platformers go.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.