Wii U isn't profitable, 3DS isn't profitable... this explains so much

#11halfelven23Posted 8/21/2013 4:40:13 AM
you also realize that their 1st party titles are selling like hotcakes right??
those gives them a lot of money
---
PSN ID: Gogunners23
#12arvilinoPosted 8/21/2013 4:41:05 AM
WhiteKilla666 posted...

I'm thinking you weren't actually watching the PS4 gamescom show if you think it was rubbish lol. Sony came out in full force and it shows. Don't be so jealous kids, for only $50 you could have gotten a PS4 too :)

Full force isn't going at E3 "15 exclusive titles in the 1st year" and then at Gamescom it's revealed most of them are indie games that could only be PS4 exclusive if you ignore the PC.

All it was that they have so little to actually offer that they have to disguise the fact with misleading claims.
---
"The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time."
#13Neo_HeartlessPosted 8/21/2013 4:43:13 AM
WhiteKilla666 posted...
Neo_Heartless posted...
WhiteKilla666 posted...
3DS: http://seekingalpha.com/currents/post/1225052
Wii U: http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/08/08/nintendo-confirms-the-wii-u-isnt-profitable/

No wonder they posted such low profits this quarter. Sad days ahead for Nintendo :c

Helmsman, set course for maximum damage control

But seriously it's not our fault the PS4 Gamescom conference was rubbish.

I'm thinking you weren't actually watching the PS4 gamescom show if you think it was rubbish lol. Sony came out in full force and it shows. Don't be so jealous kids, for only $50 you could have gotten a PS4 too :)

Or I could, you know, get both, because I'm not some angry NEET who feels the need to belittle others for their choice of console.

Nice try, though.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#14Neo_HeartlessPosted 8/21/2013 4:45:51 AM
arvilino posted...

Full force isn't going at E3 "15 exclusive titles in the 1st year" and then at Gamescom it's revealed most of them are indie games that could only be PS4 exclusive if you ignore the PC.

All it was that they have so little to actually offer that they have to disguise the fact with misleading claims.

Sony? Misleading the public? Surely you jest! The same company that shows promotional bullshots of games claming to be running at real time, yet the actual game when released looks nothing like it?

The same company that took nearly a week to inform the public of a potentially serious compromise of their account details?

Nooo, surely not.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#15AdamantRockPosted 8/21/2013 5:20:35 AM
WhiteKilla666 posted...
Neo_Heartless posted...
WhiteKilla666 posted...
Wii U: http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/08/08/nintendo-confirms-the-wii-u-isnt-profitable/

No wonder they posted such low profits this quarter. Sad days ahead for Nintendo :c

Who'd want a PS4? Frankly, the One's launch lineup is larger and more diverse, barring the endless crappy indies Sony seems obsessed nowadays (Vita owners know what I'm talking about). Games like Forza, Ryse and Dead Rising 3 seem far better than Knack and Driveclub. Games within the launch window (Project Spark, Halo, etc.) also look more fun than Sony's only scheduled post launch exclusive (another Infamous game).

And of course, MS's online functionality far outstrips Sony's meager offering. If you could, you'd troll the One board too, but since MS's policy changes you can't exactly do that; like the PS3 before it, PS4 has no games. And while PS4 has more multiplat titles than Wii U, those games will be on PC, 360 and the One too. Nintendo's console has far more, and far better, upcoming exclusives than the PS4. Pony, go home. You're drunk.
---
Now Playing: Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS)
Up Next: Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
#16KAMMYqueenPosted 8/21/2013 5:22:27 AM
WhiteKilla666 posted...
Neo_Heartless posted...
WhiteKilla666 posted...

only thing i saw was ports and things we already knew they was going to say. How was that "coming Full Force"?
#17AdamantRockPosted 8/21/2013 5:29:13 AM
And while I'm at it, a single legal dispute doesn't make a handheld unprofitable overall. The judge's statement was referring specifically to the hardware itself, which is likely sold at extremely low margins (and, in the eleven months following the price drop, was sold at a loss). So the net profit of the hardware itself is likely close to zero. Only products incorporating the patent (ie: the system itself) would fall within the purview of this case, so games and accessories don't factor here.
---
Now Playing: Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS)
Up Next: Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
#18fusionsamuraiPosted 8/21/2013 6:26:13 AM
"Not profitable"

The 3ds is keeping up with DS sales, and by this point in its lifetime the DS HAD a pokemon game. 3ds to exceed DS lifetime sales!
#19deathwave21Posted 8/21/2013 6:29:12 AM
Shadowbird_RH posted...
It's a shame your console of choice doesn't have games that are more entertaining than bothering strangers on the internet.

lol
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!
#20whizkid7Posted 8/21/2013 6:59:53 AM(edited)
Shadowbird_RH posted...
It's a shame your console of choice doesn't have games that are more entertaining than bothering strangers on the internet.

This right here wins the topic. GG, everyone.

Also, I'm totally sigging this.
---
Arms is like being a chainsaw running around. Prot is like being a castle that walks around punching people in the face with it's drawbridge.