Wind Waker $59.99 .......

#11MotiJrPosted 8/21/2013 6:03:13 AM
Yeah! How dare a company make money using legitimate business tactics!! They must burn!!!!

Seriously, what is it with you kids these days? You see something, dislike the price, and rather than forget about it, you just have a giant hormonal b**** fest as if anyone cares. All these outlets for people to voice their opinions have made people forget about tact and common sense. You may have an opinion but you have to think whether it is necessary to voice that opinion or just keep it to yourself. This is one of the keep it to yourself moments. TC, you and many others here need to realise that you don't need to vocalise every thought that pops into your head. Learn some restraint.
---
Turns out I have one of Sony's lap dogs following me around on gamefaqs. If you see him, don't feed him. He has a bad temper and is easily upset :D
#12blunderminePosted 8/21/2013 6:21:06 AM
If you think it's too much then don't but it. If you want it so bad you'll pay that price then it's a fair price.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#13blunderminePosted 8/21/2013 6:22:44 AM
VanderZoo posted...
wingo84 posted...
KAMMYqueen posted...
Don't buy it, Simple as that

It's amazing the crapstorm people create as if they HAD to buy the game. If you want it, you buy it and deal with the price. Don't agree with the pricing? Dont buy it!!

It's about the principle, Nintendo shouldn't be charging full price for a 10 year old game.

Why not? If enough people are willing to buy it at that price, then it's the right price.

Capitalism, son!
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#14NettoSaitoPosted 8/21/2013 6:23:38 AM
I bought the Sly Collection, and Jak and Daxter Collection for 25 bucks, and that was when Jak and Daxter was new. I could have also bundled the Devil May Cry collection in with them for an extra 5 bucks, and could have bundled a few other collections in to bring the grand total up to 50. Would have been around 15 games for less than the price of a new one lol.
---
3DS - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] | NN - [NettoSaito]
The New Netto's Game Room Forums - http://forums.nettosgameroom.com/index/
#15AdamantRockPosted 8/21/2013 6:31:23 AM(edited)
If you already own Wind Waker for GC, then you don't need the Wii U version. I won't be getting it, that's for sure. I didn't buy P4 Golden. I didn't buy Super Mario 64 DS (stupid name btw). For someone who's never played though, this would certainly be the version to get. The average selling price on the GC version seems to be about $40, so $59 for a version that renders at 1080p isn't altogether awful given how praised the title seems to be. And before you mention Dolphin, it requires a fairly high end PC, with an overclocked Intel processor. And it does little for the 2D elements (the HUD and other sprites/drawn elements look rather blurry when examined closely.)

---
Now Playing: Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS)
Up Next: Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
#16MotiJrPosted 8/21/2013 6:42:19 AM
AdamantRock posted...
If you already own Wind Waker for GC, then you don't need the Wii U version. I won't be getting it, that's for sure. I didn't buy P4 Golden. I didn't buy Super Mario 64 DS (stupid name btw). For someone who's never played though, this would certainly be the version to get. The average selling price on the GC version seems to be about $40, so $59 for a version that renders at 1080p isn't altogether awful given how praised the title seems to be. And before you mention Dolphin, it requires a fairly high end PC, with an overclocked Intel processor. And it does little for the 2D elements (the HUD and other sprites/drawn elements look rather blurry when examined closely.)

Meh, I disagree. I have the GC version that I bought at launch and I am still getting this. I think the improvements are worth the price and look forward to using the Wii U specific features like the Tingle bottle. I think the reason for my lack of complaints is because I'm at a stage in gaming where I can appreciate the little things and see the value in them. I'm happy to try new ideas and concepts that don't just involve graphical upgrades. Most gamers nowadays (not you specifically) require a huge overhaul to a game in order to view it as worthy of a second buy. I would rather ideas that could be used in that, are used on a new game all together.
---
Turns out I have one of Sony's lap dogs following me around on gamefaqs. If you see him, don't feed him. He has a bad temper and is easily upset :D
#17crowe_1Posted 8/21/2013 7:07:30 AM
AdamantRock posted...

Also, $40 is for a used copy of WW. A used copy of the HD version will be $45-55 at EB/GS, and may end up being $40 or less used on places like eBay within a few months.
---
My SSBM combo vids:
http://www.youtube.com/user/crowe1
#18Ambassador_KongPosted 8/21/2013 7:15:46 AM
Beatperson14 posted...
Nintendo is the greediest of the big three

Take a look at the Vita proprietary memory card prices and then tell me that Nintendo is the greediest of the big three. Or how about Microsoft wanting you to never own your games or never be able to lend them to a friend.

I think you don't know what you are talking about.

Nintendo is clueless, not greedy.
---
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi.
#19_Sovereign_Posted 8/21/2013 8:04:57 AM
suzukimatsui posted...
Wtf is this crap that Nintendo is pulling? How the hell can they seriously ask $60 for an HD remaster/remake on an old release? I have not seen a single HD remake/remaster for more than $40 at release. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix, FF X/FF X-2, Okami HD, Beyond Good and Evil HD, and Ico/SoTC HD collection are only a few that were priced at $40 or lower.

I know that there are places that have some sales for the game at $50 but still this is ridiculous for a 10 year old game.

Probably because many of those are just the original versions upscaled to look nicer? No actual work went into "remaking" the games. Hell, The PoP and SH collections played worse than their original counterparts. WW may use most of the original code, but significant work went into it for improvements...you'd have to be blind to not be able to see that.

KH may have effort put in, I know it has extras. FFX is the only reason most are buying that collection, so maybe you should focus on ranting about that? WW didn't see a huge audience, and from those who did play it, it wasn't widely accepted. Putting this much work into a game and exposing it to a larger audience is great, those collections were done so because the games themselves were blockbusters. Which in turn makes the collections a great deal.
---
I do not return to topics. I say my peace and move on. If you draw issues with what I say, then by all means, inbox me.
#20SlimeSwayzePosted 8/21/2013 8:10:23 AM
KAMMYqueen posted...
Don't buy it, Simple as that

I'm in agreement. I canceled my pre-order and just decided to rent. Even at $40, there are arguably better HD remakes that added more content and/or bigger visual upgrades, or simply included 2-3 titles. At $50 or more it is undoubtedly the worst value for a HD remake I have ever seen. Okami HD arguably looks better and it was only $20. It didn't have as many changes, but then again, it didn't need them. The vast majority of changes in Wind Waker are equivalent to a patch.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.