The Wii U launch was criticized for having past-generation titles... uhhh.....

#91RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 9:34:53 AM(edited)
HermeticJustice posted...
3 games coming out in one day is more than the Wii U had in some months

and these are games people are excited for and might want to play

No. The Wii U had 3 at launch as well.

Mario U
ZombiU
Nintendoland

6 quality games are out now if you count Wonderful 101 that comes out soon.
(Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter Tri)

I'm not saying that's better or worse, but the Wii U also had 3 console exclusives at launch that the Ps4 and X1 have..
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#92WhiteKilla666Posted 8/22/2013 9:31:03 AM
Too bad zombiU is terrible. No one bought it for a reason
---
Posted using GameFlux
#93SlimeSwayzePosted 8/22/2013 9:32:05 AM
RahzarX posted...
No. The Wii U had 3 at launch as well.

Mario U
ZombiU
Nintendoland

6 if you count Wonderful 101 that comes out soon.

I'm not saying that's better or worse, but the Wii U also had 3 console exclusives at launch that the Ps4 and X1 have..

Only time will tell which line-up will be more well received from critics and the community alike.

As much as people like to focus on launch (which is understandable), I think what will be more important will be the months afterwards, particularly the first half of 2014. The Wii U was practically a dead console from the end of 2012 through much of the first half of 2013, and the sales were a reflection of that. Both the PS4 and Xbone will sell a lot of consoles at launch simply because of brand loyalty, but we really won't know a thing about how the consoles were received and viewed by the public at large until next year, when we know how well they are supported and whether people continue to buy them even when the holidays are over.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#94RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 9:33:27 AM
WhiteKilla666 posted...
Too bad zombiU is terrible. No one bought it for a reason

That's really subjective.

Let's leave that comment at the door.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#95LordcrabfoodPosted 8/23/2013 3:32:25 AM
Ipsylos posted...
Lordcrabfood posted...
Ipsylos posted...
Because it's hip and cool to hate on Nintendo and love Sony and M$ because "nintendor iz 4 kidz derp".

Trying to be sarcastic about nintendo being for kids and uses the word "derp".

Mad bro?

No, just amused.
#96XechsPosted 8/23/2013 5:13:05 AM(edited)
Yeah but those are new experiences. they might not be exclusive experiences but if you buy for exclusives you can also play the better version.

Wii u was criticized for having games like batam AC, Mass effect 3, Ninja Gaiden 3, (even monster hunter is a upgrade and OLD, and not new experience) which people played before and some games the wii u had the worst running multiplats, so people said they didn't want to support old and worst port games. We will see if splinter cell and watch dogs does good on holiday for wii u since they are simultaneous releases.
---
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/1198847692478tg1.gif
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/rankastar.gif Ranka-Macross Frontier
#97R2BDSiPosted 8/23/2013 6:10:26 AM
Notice the first party titles are all original, not some New Super Mario Bros. Wii HD. Killzone, and Dead Rising don't look like copy & direct past like NSMBU. Goodess sakes fanboys.
#98Oni_TaedoPosted 8/23/2013 6:15:09 AM
R2BDSi posted...
Notice the first party titles are all original, not some New Super Mario Bros. Wii HD. Killzone, and Dead Rising don't look like copy & direct past like NSMBU. Goodess sakes fanboys.

Killzone does (because all shooters look alike nowadays), but DR3 doesn't.
If it did look like past games in the series, I would probably want it.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
#99tizzywilkillyouPosted 8/23/2013 6:27:38 AM
Banjo2553 posted...
wingo84 posted...
The games will look differently though on the newer gen systems. Wii U games were identical

I checked ACIV PS4 footage and it looks exactly the same as the PS3/360/Wii U versions. Not sure what Watch_Dogs or MGSV is gonna look like though. So far the only cross-gen game I see that actually looks better on the next-gen consoles is CoD: Ghosts.

A lot of these games will not look all that different. It'll be 1080p60 instead of 720p30 in many cases without much else drastically improved.

CoD: Ghosts doesn't even look THAT much better than BO2 on consoles. And it definitely doesn't look significantly better (if at all) than BO2 on PC at high settings.
#100zerooo0Posted 8/23/2013 6:33:45 AM
Forza 5 TC which looks to be one of the best looking Next Gen title besides BF4.

Also the launch titles to the Wii U where laughable. They just didn't scream "Next Gen". I don't know what the PS4 launch games are doing, but most of the X1 launch games all have a special "WOW" next gen factor.Not to mention we got 3rd party support coming to us within 2013-2015 as of what we know now.

Also dem specs.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.