If you could what kind of western rpg so you think would do well on the wiiu?

#1LightbornePosted 8/22/2013 1:04:15 AM
Has to be real time, doesn't need to be realistic or bloody has to be unique from other console rpgs and please no jrpg ideas thank you.
#2TalentedMPosted 8/22/2013 1:08:37 AM
Fallout 4

Pip-pad, I swear it is just asking to be made on the system. The VATS system of selecting various parts of an enemy could be tied into the screen. Lockpicking and vaious other minigames could be placed there and could be done with the gamepad as well tied with ABXY buttons or the old Oblivion type of lock. Hacking terminals could be done in the way where you connect the pip-pad to the console and hack through a minigame on the pad as well.

I can think of tons of ways to use it... But it will never happen....
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#3rayneotaconPosted 8/22/2013 1:12:27 AM
That is all kinds of genius right there. I am legitly jealous that I didn't think of that first.
#4Craig--aPosted 8/22/2013 1:13:49 AM
The Wii U gamepad makes it the perfect console for an MMO, you can have all your skills/spells/items etc on the pad, there is a mic in it for team speak. I just think it would work very well compared to the other consoles.
#5UponADarkThornePosted 8/22/2013 1:17:22 AM
TalentedM posted...
Fallout 4

Pip-pad, I swear it is just asking to be made on the system. The VATS system of selecting various parts of an enemy could be tied into the screen. Lockpicking and vaious other minigames could be placed there and could be done with the gamepad as well tied with ABXY buttons or the old Oblivion type of lock. Hacking terminals could be done in the way where you connect the pip-pad to the console and hack through a minigame on the pad as well.

I can think of tons of ways to use it... But it will never happen....

This, one-hundred-and-****ing-fifty percent.

Sadly, it'll never happen since Bethesda doesn't give a **** about the Wii U, even if thematically, it'd be perfect.
#6Lightborne(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 1:19:21 AM
rayneotacon posted...
That is all kinds of genius right there. I am legitly jealous that I didn't think of that first.

Sadly all wiiu isn't getting elder scrolls online or dc universe like other consoles.
#7Craig--aPosted 8/22/2013 1:23:29 AM
Lightborne posted...
rayneotacon posted...

Sadly all wiiu isn't getting elder scrolls online or dc universe like other consoles.

Not having a decent storage size will stop the Wii U getting a good MMO. DCU takes up about 20 GB of the PS3 HDD.
#8FFXIgaiaknightPosted 8/22/2013 1:25:11 AM
Craig--a posted...
Lightborne posted...
rayneotacon posted...

Not having a decent storage size will stop the Wii U getting a good MMO. DCU takes up about 20 GB of the PS3 HDD.

The PS2 got ffxi and wii and wii u got Dragon Quest 10 both with required huge installs.
---
3DS FC: 4124-5007-1536
NNI: Gaiaknight PSN: FFXIGaiaknight
#9TalentedMPosted 8/22/2013 1:25:49 AM
Bethesda on TES Online and Wolfenstein:
"None of the game's we've announced are being developed for the Wii U, so it's guaranteed that none of those games are coming to Wii U"

Fallout 4 was never announced, so I am kinda hoping that they think about bringing it to Wii U still... Even if it doesn't totally use the gamepad the way I described it (though it would be silly not to), I hope it does.

Not that it is a huge deal, I own a PC so I wouldn't be missing anything really... I would just rather play it that way... I am also a huge Fallout nerd so when I was getting newletters back in the day about Fallout Online they came on a "pip-pad" and I instantly thought of the WiiU Gamepad and started thinking of all the fun things to do on it....
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#10GensokyoPosted 8/22/2013 1:26:03 AM
I like how the topic title is all sorts of well-designed and thought through.