If you could what kind of western rpg so you think would do well on the wiiu?

#11TalentedMPosted 8/22/2013 1:29:41 AM
Craig--a posted...
Lightborne posted...
rayneotacon posted...
That is all kinds of genius right there. I am legitly jealous that I didn't think of that first.

Sadly all wiiu isn't getting elder scrolls online or dc universe like other consoles.

Not having a decent storage size will stop the Wii U getting a good MMO. DCU takes up about 20 GB of the PS3 HDD.

Monster Hunter Frontier G is an MMO and will be on WiiU and PS3.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#12Craig--aPosted 8/22/2013 2:11:08 AM
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
Craig--a posted...
Lightborne posted...
rayneotacon posted...
That is all kinds of genius right there. I am legitly jealous that I didn't think of that first.

Sadly all wiiu isn't getting elder scrolls online or dc universe like other consoles.

Not having a decent storage size will stop the Wii U getting a good MMO. DCU takes up about 20 GB of the PS3 HDD.

The PS2 got ffxi and wii and wii u got Dragon Quest 10 both with required huge installs.

PS2 had to have an expansion HDD to play FFXI so thats a bit irrelevant.

I havent read much on Dragon Quest X to be honest other than it did the worst of any dragon quest game. I did just look it up though and you need a 16 gig flash stick to play it. If Nintendo are willing to do that we could have some good MMO games I guess :)

I dont consider Monster Hunter Frontier a proper MMO though. Not in the same league as FFXI.
#13Z_TousPosted 8/22/2013 2:44:44 AM
Dungeons and dragons. Guy with the gamepad is the dungeon master.
---
~Ztous
#14TalentedMPosted 8/22/2013 2:56:55 AM
Z_Tous posted...
Dungeons and dragons. Guy with the gamepad is the dungeon master.

I am slowly hoping that someone does this, because I want it. 4 other players play on Wiimotes. Graphic rendering of the characters and the monsters they encounter and customization of it would be crazy awesome.

Some indie dev get on that.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#15Lightborne(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 4:56:14 AM
Gensokyo posted...
I like how the topic title is all sorts of well-designed and thought through.

Its one misstyped word it get off your highhorse.
#16bruno1983brPosted 8/22/2013 7:59:44 AM
Any Elders Scrolls game would be good, though it wouldn't benefit from the hardware in any special way.

Legend of Grimrock would be great on the Wii U, they could use the gamepad to let you draw your own map (like Etrian Odyssey 4), and the gamepad could be a great way to streamline the level creation aspect of the game.

Shadowrun Returns could be great on the Wii U, using the gamepad like it uses the touch interfaces in the tablet and smartphone versions.

It's not an RPG, but I'd love to see a Wii U version of Chivarly: Modern Warfare, which could have an option to use nunchuk+wiimote motion controls. It would be a killer app. In fact, Nintendo should just pay them to port it to the Wii U and support them to adapt the controls and make it a free game that every Wii U user can play.
#17citreanPosted 8/22/2013 8:04:17 AM
baldurs gate II and the whole Might & Magic series would be nice (not the heroes but the actual RPG)

Some Maze RPGs like Etrian Odyssey or Wizardry would be nice at the very least, pad for dawing maps
---
3DS FC: 1735-9985-7867
PSN: Citrean NNID: Citrean
#18CranberryPSOPosted 8/22/2013 8:15:04 AM
I play Dragoen Quest X and I can tell you about it. One impeortant thing to understand is the raw sales do not tell the whole story. Much like FFXI the game makes its money over time via subscription fees. Compared to other Dragon Quest titles, it did not have the millions of sales right out the gate. I can tell you though that the servers are quite healthy. Tons of players are there. I know that Square-Enix has said it was disappointing. I really think they had unrealistic expectations. It's not going to be WOW numbers. The game has already recovered its development costs and has been profitable. It is a timed exclusive for Nintendo. A PC version is being released in about a month that will share servers with Wii and WiiU. WiiU doesn't need the 16 GB stick, only Wii version requires that.

It is an incredble game, but hard to get on due to the extreme region blocking. They IP block all connections from outside of Japan.

Craig--a posted...
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
Craig--a posted...
Lightborne posted...
rayneotacon posted...

The PS2 got ffxi and wii and wii u got Dragon Quest 10 both with required huge installs.

PS2 had to have an expansion HDD to play FFXI so thats a bit irrelevant.

I havent read much on Dragon Quest X to be honest other than it did the worst of any dragon quest game. I did just look it up though and you need a 16 gig flash stick to play it. If Nintendo are willing to do that we could have some good MMO games I guess :)

I dont consider Monster Hunter Frontier a proper MMO though. Not in the same league as FFXI.

---
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 2
#19LugiaMaster45Posted 8/22/2013 8:23:25 AM
boarderlands 3. and even tho its not comming to Wii U @ all destiny.
---
NintendoID: KINGZXGAMBIT87
XBXLIVE GAMTAG: XAVEUSCAESAR WiiU60ers UNITE
#20metalmariolordPosted 8/22/2013 10:28:48 AM
TalentedM posted...
Fallout 4

Pip-pad, I swear it is just asking to be made on the system. The VATS system of selecting various parts of an enemy could be tied into the screen. Lockpicking and vaious other minigames could be placed there and could be done with the gamepad as well tied with ABXY buttons or the old Oblivion type of lock. Hacking terminals could be done in the way where you connect the pip-pad to the console and hack through a minigame on the pad as well.

I can think of tons of ways to use it... But it will never happen....

I didn't think of it, but that's perfect.
Selecting weapons or stimpaks in the middle of the action.

That would be awesome.
---
Do you judge games by graphics and not gameplay?Only like realistic games?
GO PLAY REAL LIFE!