Kamiya was rather surprised by the "fan" reactions to Bayonetta2 being WiiU only

#1G1ingyPosted 8/22/2013 3:31:10 PM(edited)
Turns out, behind that ball of swear words and shiny bald head, is a person who possesses playful innocence and optimism...

Sony and M$ fans just being happy that a franchise they loved will atleast survive rather than die off? HAH!

VG: What was your take on the initial audience reaction (to Bayonetta 2)? A lot of people seemed to be very upset it was Wii U only...

HK: Obviously with the Nintendo partnership Bayonetta 2 was always going to become a Wii U exclusive title. From a personal standpoint I want to make a game that's going to be enjoyed by the audience, so when Nintendo offered to support us and the Bayonetta franchise - which was on the brink of disappearing - I was extremely happy for it survival as we were able to release a second one for the people who enjoyed the first.

In that sense, I was very surprised at the user response when they found out it was Wii U only.

Regarding the W101 itself, I wish it used more over-the-top ethnic stereotypes, Pink and Green's accents are enjoyable.
#2suzukimatsuiPosted 8/22/2013 3:27:37 PM
I am going to ask him if all his options were exhausted and that If Nintendo was absolutely the only option available during his panel at PAX
#3SegavsCapcomPosted 8/22/2013 3:28:34 PM
Bayonetta doesn't need over the top stereotypes. Heck, the title character is a British dominatrix and her weapons supplier is a Samuel L Jackson knockoff. That alone is awesome.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom
#4AK_the_TwilightPosted 8/22/2013 3:34:02 PM
He seemed to address it like "Nintendo published it. It's Wii U only. Why would it be multi-platform if Nintendo published it?" It seems more like he's "surprised" at how people don't understand how that exclusivity deal works than the disapproval of it being on Wii U itself.

Whatever. I'm buying it anyway. I loved the first Bayonetta.
---
There's no mistaking it.
#5G1ingy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 3:37:37 PM
AK_the_Twilight posted...
He seemed to address it like "Nintendo published it. It's Wii U only. Why would it be multi-platform if Nintendo published it?" It seems more like he's "surprised" at how people don't understand how that exclusivity deal works than the disapproval of it being on Wii U itself.

This reminds me of something he once said on Twitter...

I think it went something like "Nintendo is the only reason Bayonetta 2 can exist, they are the one funding it, so if you want the game in other consoles, contact Nintendo and ask them to port it to other consoles, and while you're at it, why don't you ask Nintendo to bring Zelda to the PS3 as well?"

Either way, the guy's got a sense of humour.
#6suzukimatsuiPosted 8/22/2013 3:38:39 PM
AK_the_Twilight posted...

I think he just didn't understand the fact that not everyone is going to buy a Wii U just to play Bayonetta 2. Also the people didn't understand if Platinum did their due diligence and inquired to every possible publisher if they were interested in Bayonetta 2. I don't know if he took into account how the game that he is developing is not going to be as accessible as originally thought.
#7BruceLee007Posted 8/22/2013 3:59:50 PM
Bayonetta 2 belongs on a Nintendo console since it is gloriously unrealistic, and the main focus is on fun and game play instead of being focused on dull and bland grit mixed with an interactive movie like so many modern games.
---
PSN-BruceLee007
#8Zato InfinitePosted 8/22/2013 4:06:19 PM
Kamiya is hardcore. Homeboy chopped his head off when RE4 went to the PS2.
---
Hey guys! Zatanna's on the villains' side!
#9Omega_BlackPosted 8/22/2013 4:07:12 PM
Also the people didn't understand if Platinum did their due diligence and inquired to every possible publisher if they were interested in Bayonetta 2.
There were probably only so many options for Platinum to pursue. Bayonetta is still Sega's IP. I'm sure the company was none too interested in allowing another publisher of games (and games only) to have its name attached to one of its franchises.

I imagine Sega likely gave Platinum the stipulation that it could only shop to the console manufacturers and no one else. Neither Microsoft nor Sony were interested. Nintendo was. And now here we are.

Of course, only time will reveal what really went down...maybe.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#10Ben ReillyPosted 8/22/2013 4:14:22 PM
The problem is he didn't explain to fans the reason why it was Nintendo exclusive.

People just assumed that he turned his back on the fans that made the game popular to begin with and choose to run to Nintendo's money forcing them to buy a console that they don't won't to play the game.

If he had explained to fans that the entire reason it was exclusive is because Nintendo was the only company willing to publish the game and if not for them it would never exist, I think fans while still upset would have understood.
---
Lebatard: "So what more could Derrick Rose actually have done to make you acknowledge that he had a bad game? Urinate on himself?"