Kamiya was rather surprised by the "fan" reactions to Bayonetta2 being WiiU only

#61Emerald_MeliosPosted 8/24/2013 3:58:55 PM
So even after a year, people are still sore over Bayonetta 2 being Wii U exclusive. I guess some people just won't be happy unless Nintendo disappears.
#62AsuirPosted 8/24/2013 4:44:36 PM
NerdimusPrime posted...
Asuir posted...
Ben Reilly posted...
The problem is he didn't explain to fans the reason why it was Nintendo exclusive.

People just assumed that he turned his back on the fans that made the game popular to begin with and choose to run to Nintendo's money forcing them to buy a console that they don't won't to play the game.

If he had explained to fans that the entire reason it was exclusive is because Nintendo was the only company willing to publish the game and if not for them it would never exist, I think fans while still upset would have understood.

This is most logical.

Except that he did state that. He may have also given a snarky tweet, but it was clear from the announcement of his game that it wouldn't have been made without Nintendo.

Oh yeah, I agree totally. But people are idiots.
---
Ftw!
#63mikebrand83Posted 8/24/2013 4:47:12 PM
iovandrake posted...
How quickly it sold that much actually shows how badly it was received. People stopped buying it as hype died down. It taking a long time to sell that much wouldn't have been better, but it selling that much rapidly and then dying off in sales isn't a good thing. What happened was those who knew what kind of game it was and who was making it bought it to see if it was good. Then it stopped selling very much because those people all had the game. New people were not as interested in the game. So now not only will that issue exist, but it will exist with a limited demographic to purchase the game cause it's now exclusive to one console (the one not favored by those who like this kind of game by the way).

Wow, that's some ridiculously convoluted twist of logic to attempt to make Bayonetta out to seem like a failed series.

Fact of the matter is, the very best selling game of the DMC series was DMC4, which only managed +35% more sales than Bayonetta (despite having the advantage of a PS3 console bundle to boost sales, as I've previously noted). When a new, untested series manages to get within striking distance of the very best selling game of a series in the same relatively-niche action sub-genre? It actually suggests that sales drop-off is because it managed to effectively reached market saturation for the sub-genre.

... Not to mention that it also pulled total numbers that match the top-25 (actually closer to top-20) best selling games in Capcom's history, for comparison.
#64Hawke0Posted 8/24/2013 5:01:46 PM
iovandrake posted...
The funny thing is the reason no one else wanted it is because the series just isn't that good and never was. Nintendo was willing to pick it up out of desperation. They have so few titles lined up that they needed it. It's funny that the few fans of the game are upset that Bayonetta was only viable as a desperation pick by Nintendo.

God of War kid confirmed.
---
"Sig of the Day: "To be fair, real life is full of teleporting mexicans too..." -Punch"-AISP
The One and Only True Mr.Ford
#65uberking422Posted 8/24/2013 5:07:57 PM
Ben Reilly posted...
The problem is he didn't explain to fans the reason why it was Nintendo exclusive.

People just assumed that he turned his back on the fans that made the game popular to begin with and choose to run to Nintendo's money forcing them to buy a console that they don't won't to play the game.

If he had explained to fans that the entire reason it was exclusive is because Nintendo was the only company willing to publish the game and if not for them it would never exist, I think fans while still upset would have understood.

I'm sorry, did Nintendo fans ever receive a detailed explanation when they lost Final Fantasy? Or Mega Man? Or Banjo-Kazooie? Or SMT? No? Didn't think so. Grow up.
#66iovandrakePosted 8/24/2013 5:09:48 PM
Hawke0 posted...
iovandrake posted...
The funny thing is the reason no one else wanted it is because the series just isn't that good and never was. Nintendo was willing to pick it up out of desperation. They have so few titles lined up that they needed it. It's funny that the few fans of the game are upset that Bayonetta was only viable as a desperation pick by Nintendo.

God of War kid confirmed.

I only own God of War 1 which I bought second hand from a friend for 10 dollars back in 2008. It was nice of you to show your limited understanding of things though by immediately labeling me a fanboy of a rival series just because I said something mean. I hope you enjoy Bayonetta 2. I'm sure it will probably be playable, which means someone of your limited intelligence should enjoy it.
#67Hawke0Posted 8/24/2013 5:17:27 PM
Haven't played Bayonetta. You just seem like a person who'd get mad because a game is too complicated for you.
---
"Sig of the Day: "To be fair, real life is full of teleporting mexicans too..." -Punch"-AISP
The One and Only True Mr.Ford
#68iovandrakePosted 8/24/2013 5:44:24 PM
Hawke0 posted...
Haven't played Bayonetta. You just seem like a person who'd get mad because a game is too complicated for you.

Why exactly is that?

I've played Bayonetta from beginning to end. It's not a complicated game. It's also not what I would consider a good game. It has unlikable characters, a bad story, and repetitive gameplay. This is why I don't like it. If you or anyone else choose to like it then good for you. I do not have to like it though. I also do not have to avoid talking about it or speaking facts on topic about it.

You should try to curb your labeling someone an fan of something they haven't mentioned and that has no real bearing on the discussion. I don't like GoW. It's stupid of you to assume I do and makes you look butthurt about something since all you did was come in and attack me personally.