Which is the worst gimmick:

#51Akira_TakahashiPosted 8/23/2013 12:45:10 PM
Neither; it's between R.O.B and NIntendo's first stab at motion controls, the Power Glove.
#52zoogelioPosted 8/23/2013 1:50:03 PM
^
Considering R.O.B. was key in getting reluctant retailers to stock the NES after the video game market crash, I'd say R.O.B. wasn't a bad gimmick. Yeah the game's were kinda questionable (though it was a cool idea, just a little bit less impractical than Virtual Boy) but Gyromite came off as interesting enough to get people intrested in R.O.B. and the NES. Notice in the test market days, only the Deluxe Set (R.O.B., Zapper, Duck Hunt, Gyromite) was sold. The later bundles came in 1986, the standalone, IIRC, in 1987.
#53Numbuh100Posted 8/23/2013 1:54:35 PM
The Kinect.
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Monolith Soft's X, Smash Bros. 4, Mario Kart 8, Watch Dogs, Dark Souls 2
#54SlimeSwayzePosted 8/23/2013 5:33:42 PM
zoogelio posted...
^
Considering R.O.B. was key in getting reluctant retailers to stock the NES after the video game market crash, I'd say R.O.B. wasn't a bad gimmick. Yeah the game's were kinda questionable (though it was a cool idea, just a little bit less impractical than Virtual Boy) but Gyromite came off as interesting enough to get people intrested in R.O.B. and the NES. Notice in the test market days, only the Deluxe Set (R.O.B., Zapper, Duck Hunt, Gyromite) was sold. The later bundles came in 1986, the standalone, IIRC, in 1987.

That was the bundle I got when I was a kid. Now look at me...
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.