Ehhh...really...why the hate for Super Mario Sunshine (SMS)?

#1Numbuh100Posted 8/22/2013 9:00:24 PM
SMS sequel would be great than doing another Galaxy sequel. I love the Galaxy games but I love Sunshine as well. SMS....I just love exploring those parts of the Delfino Island. The FLUDD gadget is a fun thing to use. I think this is a well made Mario platform 3D game. SMS should get an HD release if possible too.
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Monolith Soft's X, Smash Bros. 4, Mario Kart 8, Watch Dogs, Dark Souls 2
#2SyCo_VeNoMPosted 8/22/2013 9:05:52 PM
As someone who liked SMS I would say I honestly don't think a sequel would make sense as the only reason Mario had the FLUDD was because the inhabitants thought he was a criminal, and he was basically doing community service by cleaning the island up. Now maybe they could do one with Luigi, and can run with the joke that no one on the island knows him, and he gets in similar trouble, and even this would be pushing it. But another with Mario would look kinda pathetic.
#3deathwave21Posted 8/22/2013 9:10:11 PM
The game had too much sunshine. The music was annoying, the chase segments, only like 7 worlds, same bosses over and over and over. Not too mention that the best parts of the game were when the main feature of the game was removed. Noooooooooo more FLUDD!!!
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!
#4MeanKirbyFan_1Posted 8/22/2013 9:12:35 PM
I loved SMS, aside from some tedious levels and those blue coin stars. The hub world was pure fun. And those secret levels were the absolute best. Fantastic game overall. Far exceeds SM64 imo.
#51shadetail1Posted 8/22/2013 9:17:25 PM
I wouldn't say I hate Super Mario Sunshine, but it simply never worked for me. It always felt like a chore to play, particularly because of how little the different areas seemed to change. At least Galaxy, by contrast, had areas that usually changed quite a bit between visits.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#6gnomelord255Posted 8/22/2013 9:20:41 PM
Never played. One of my buddies said there's a ton of backtracking and repetitive "goop" clean up you need to do to get anywhere, so I can see why people would find it grating.
#7Golden MavenPosted 8/22/2013 9:22:47 PM
MeanKirbyFan_1 posted...
S, aside from some tedious levels and those blue coin stars. The hub world was pure fun. And those secret levels were the absolute best. Fantastic game overall. Far exceeds SM64 imo.

I was with you until the last sentence. Either way, both 64 and Sunshine "outshine" both Galaxy games.
#8Mandrew257Posted 8/22/2013 9:23:32 PM
I loved it, my favorite 3D Mario game...dont hurt me.
---
"One mistake doesnt make someone an idiot. Its how they DEAL with the mistake that makes them a hero" - Ken Pontac.
#9jrb363Posted 8/22/2013 9:29:09 PM
I understand Mario is supposed to be a plumber. However...cleaning up all of the crap in the world got old fast. I just found the game to be more of a PIA than a simple and fun experience. (which is what I expect Mario to be)
---
Systems owned: Genesis, SNES, TG-16, PSX, PS2, Gamecube, Dreamcast, 360, Wii, PS3, GB, GameGear, GB pocket, GBA, GBA SP, Virtua Boy, Neo-Geo Color, PSP, DS, 3DS
#10Numbuh100(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 9:30:39 PM
MeanKirbyFan_1 posted...
I loved SMS, aside from some tedious levels and those blue coin stars. The hub world was pure fun. And those secret levels were the absolute best. Fantastic game overall. Far exceeds SM64 imo.

Nothing exceeds SM64.
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Monolith Soft's X, Smash Bros. 4, Mario Kart 8, Watch Dogs, Dark Souls 2