Nintendo will release 2 more consoles after wii u and ps4/xbox will still be out

#1JonbazookabozPosted 8/24/2013 11:25:08 AM
...going by nintendos 5 year console cycle nintendo can release 2 more consoles in the time of the projected 10 year life cycle of ps4 and xbone.

Nintendo can afford to have fun with the wii u and in 4 years time release another brand spanking new console by the time xbone and ps4 can pump out forza and gran turismo 6&7. And another again by the time forza and gran turismo 7&8 come out.

Just imagine what nintendo will be like 2 gens ahead- meantime the ps4 and xbone cant even match current pcs and the wii u gives them a run for their money.

Who says nintendo dont think ahead.
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#2squatch22Posted 8/24/2013 11:28:11 AM
Lol no.
U expect Sony to be up to GT8 by then?
GT7 yes, I read its just going to be an enhanced version of GT6. But I doubt 8 will be out within 10 years.
---
SMASH BROS 4 PREORDERED AND PROUD OF IT.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#3Jonbazookaboz(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 11:32:50 AM
squatch22 posted...
Lol no.
U expect Sony to be up to GT8 by then?
GT7 yes, I read its just going to be an enhanced version of GT6. But I doubt 8 will be out within 10 years.

Fair point. Lol
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#4lgiPosted 8/24/2013 11:35:04 AM
Jonbazookaboz posted...
Nintendo can afford to have fun with the wii u

What does that mean? Are they having fun with the Wii U now?
#5Jonbazookaboz(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 11:53:26 AM
lgi posted...
Jonbazookaboz posted...
Nintendo can afford to have fun with the wii u

What does that mean? Are they having fun with the Wii U now?

It means they can use the next 4 years to hone their hd skills, continue to build their online infrastructure, further their next gen development, develop their online store, build their relationships with the hardcore audience, build an indie platform, create new development studios, build new partnerships, try out unique styles of game, test out whats working and whats not on their own platform and from sony and microsofts, design their next and next again gen platforms, create new ips and deliver some nintendo magic on their current ips. You know- have fun.

Well im certainly having fun with my wii u. I aint played a game of pikmin 3 and w101's quality on any platform this year.
---
#6Jak13Posted 8/24/2013 12:02:14 PM
The PS5 and Xbox 4 will be out before then. The PS2 also had a projected 10-year life cycle, and the PS3 was released 6 years into it.
---
"Ganondorf needs to forget everything he's ever learned about tennis and train to become a competent sword fighter." - RATTfink138
#7Jonbazookaboz(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 12:05:53 PM
Jak13 posted...
The PS5 and Xbox 4 will be out before then. The PS2 also had a projected 10-year life cycle, and the PS3 was released 6 years into it.

Ms and sony already said its 10 years til next consoles due to cloud scaling.
---
#8SyCo_VeNoMPosted 8/24/2013 12:09:09 PM
Jonbazookaboz posted...
Jak13 posted...

MS's statement might not hold up as a new guy is going to be taking the reins in the next year.
Hell if the investors want they just might can the xbox division as it is hemorrhaging money, as the new boss will do what they want.
#9Jonbazookaboz(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 12:14:41 PM
SyCo_VeNoM posted...
Jonbazookaboz posted...
Jak13 posted...

MS's statement might not hold up as a new guy is going to be taking the reins in the next year.
Hell if the investors want they just might can the xbox division as it is hemorrhaging money, as the new boss will do what they want.

Perhaps. I have a feeling though ms gaming division have all their money and chips on xbone and they wont be able to afford another for a long time- particularly if it doesnt sell well. Knowing ms they will throw billions at it in marketing and will need to be committed. Remember their 500 million one week kinect ad blitz? COMMITTED I tell ye!
---
#10UponADarkThornePosted 8/24/2013 12:20:20 PM
This last generation is said to have a ten year cycle, as well.

We're getting new systems this year and while the 360 and the PS4 will see support, it will mainly be from multi-generational games. So... We ended up getting a seven year cycle. Anyone who also buys into the power of the clouds thing must also think that Blast Processing was a real thing. too. It's more PR bull****.