Nintendo will release 2 more consoles after wii u and ps4/xbox will still be out

#31godplaysSNESPosted 8/25/2013 6:12:24 AM
Even if Nintendo releases a significantly more powerful console than the PS4 halfway through next-gen, the problem will be that that the PS4 and Xbox One will have a much bigger userbase.

Even if it's relatively cheap to port and improve the games for Nintendo's new console, Nintendo will still be fighting uphill.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#32jsb0714Posted 8/25/2013 6:19:26 AM
Jonbazookaboz posted...
...going by nintendos 5 year console cycle nintendo can release 2 more consoles in the time of the projected 10 year life cycle of ps4 and xbone.

PS3 was projected for the same and yet the PS4 is coming out before the 10 years is up. Why wouldn't the same happens with PS4/Xbox One? This cycle doesn't mean nothing else will get released before it's up.
---
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this
#33AsuirPosted 8/25/2013 9:55:38 AM
This topic is awful. I can't believe people are actually supporting a new console coming out in 3- 4 years.

It shows they have no idea about the costs that go into making one.
---
Ftw!
#34MilesTeg420Posted 8/25/2013 10:11:11 AM
Four more years would be about par for the course for Nintendo platforms.

Anyway Nintendo will be the first to release a new console (unless the Xbone really bombs that hard, but it won't). It will be interesting to see which direction they go in.

If it were me I would want to push a VR device as that seems like the future and neither MS nor Sony seem to be going in that direction. A console with that sole purpose could have success imo. However with VR comes a need for Nintendo to invest heavily into online infrastructure which they seem unwilling to do.
#35Emerald_MeliosPosted 8/25/2013 10:27:19 AM
STN79 posted...
Didn't Sony say PS3 had a ten year life cycle too? Well it's only been 7 and it's time for PS4 already.

Which makes me wonder why they insisted on making a PS4 at all....didn't the Great Video Game Crash occur because of too many consoles on the market?