Smash bros and mario kart didn't help gamecube why would it help the wii u?

#1Murderstorm117Posted 8/25/2013 6:32:55 AM
Yes they will sell some wii u's but not to the extent that people on this board think. They believe that with smash bros, mario kart, and 3d land the wii u will soar to wii heights and thats just not the case. The gamecube had all those games and more and still ended up selling less than 22 million units. The wii sold because of the motion gimmick that was new at the time and it managed to get the attention of casuals most of which never even bought those games. Im not here to make anyone angry just bring some of you guys back to reality.
---
NNID Mstorm
Ps4 Day 1
#2WhiteKilla666Posted 8/25/2013 6:33:39 AM
Shh let them pretend the Wii U is going to outsell the PS4/XB1
---
*~If you love HPL and have accepted him as your lord and savior and are not afraid to show it make this your signature~*
#3Companion_Cube_Posted 8/25/2013 6:34:37 AM
Murderstorm topic
---
People who say Nintendo games are for kids need to grow up themselves.
Past/Current Systems: GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, PSOne, PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Xbox 360
#4DTY3Posted 8/25/2013 6:38:17 AM
They did help. I know Smash made me buy a Cube.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
#5DontMindIfIDoPosted 8/25/2013 6:44:43 AM
The Mario Kart games on the DS and Wii and Brawl helped introduce more people to the games, so it's only natural to think that these games would at least be a system seller for plenty of people. Maybe they won't sell 30 million copies, but they will help move systems.
#6sonicsonicPosted 8/25/2013 6:47:42 AM(edited)
Gamecube made Nintendo a profit. Xbox didn't for Microsoft.

Besides there are so many things to take into account. Mario Kart Wii sold crazy. You really think out of the 33 million units sold on the Wii that none of them want to get the WiiU version? The sales won't be anywhere near as high as the Wii, but I'm fairly certain that the Wii versions had a big effect on the size of each franchises fanbase.

... But you are just some lame guy. Go away.

Quick little edit: Considering the something like 100%+ increase in hardware sales when Pikmin 3 was launched (or should I say Nichemin 3?) I think we can expect a far bigger shift in hardware from some globally recognised Nintendo products.
#7GamespohtPosted 8/25/2013 6:48:03 AM
Mario Kart certainly helped sell the 3DS and the Wii
Melee was the top-selling game for the Gamecube at the time, and Brawl brought in more players to the series
---
''No copyright law in the universe is going to stop me''-Sonic The Hedgehog
I am Gamespot's Unofficial Mascot....Love Me.
#8NateRose89Posted 8/25/2013 6:50:29 AM
GameCube had the unfortunate pleasure of going head to head with the highest selling console of all time.

The Wii U isnt an alternative to the PS4/One. I see it more as a companion. 90% of my mates have a Wii U and will be buying a PS4. A couple have a Wii U and will be buying n Xbox One. I'm the only one who'll have all 3.

What I'm getting at is, GameCube=Direct PS2 competition. Wii U=Companion console.
---
"I am no knight. I spit on them and their vows." Sandor Clegane, 1996.
#9JonbazookabozPosted 8/25/2013 6:51:19 AM
The gamecube only sold 2 million less than xbox- however it still made more money. The n64, snes, wii and nes all sold more than xbox. Yet i dont hear any ms fanboys complaining about xbox sales.
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#10DontMindIfIDoPosted 8/25/2013 6:53:37 AM
Jonbazookaboz posted...
The gamecube only sold 2 million less than xbox- however it still made more money. The n64, snes, wii and nes all sold more than xbox. Yet i dont hear any ms fanboys complaining about xbox sales.

You're actually the first person I've seen bring that up. i always wondered why everybody ignores the fact that the Xbox barely sold more than the Gamecube when talking about that console cycle.