What year did you start gaming?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What year did you start gaming?

User Info: oOo_SOX_oOo

oOo_SOX_oOo
3 years ago#1
My first game system was the Sega Game Gear in 1996, I got the gameboy color in 1999 with Pokemon Yellow. I also was given a Sega Genesis.

17 years of gaming for me.
NY JETS
R.I.P. ZYZZ

User Info: ReachOutToTruth

ReachOutToTruth
3 years ago#2
Probably somewhere between 90 and 93. There exists a home video of myself as a baby playing Simon's Quest. I have no clue how old I was in it though. The funny thing is, I probably got further in that game as a baby than I can as an adult. I still don't recognize the area I made it to in that video. >_>
It probably takes rocks an GA GONGs people with them!

User Info: DeathSnipe777

DeathSnipe777
3 years ago#3
Sometime in 1995 (3 years old), I think. I've been gaming since I had the motor skills to effectively hold a controller and play a video game without mashing buttons all willy nilly. Before I started playing games I liked watching my mother play games. She'd let me play, but if I got stuck I'd give the controller back to her lol.

My first console was a SNES with a Gameboy Player adapter.
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu

User Info: kdognumba1

kdognumba1
3 years ago#4
I got my first system I believe Christmas of 1988, it was a NES sent to me by my Aunt. I had previously played / seen games before that but I can tell you now I was just like that N64 kid when I opened it.
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1

User Info: EastCoastKody

EastCoastKody
3 years ago#5
the year Hulk slammed Andre

User Info: Wildspark

Wildspark
3 years ago#6
We're the gaming community. We don't have to respect anyone or their wishes- FayeLady

User Info: promo123

promo123
3 years ago#7
It was either 97 or 98, so I would have been 3 or 4 years old. There was one game I‘d play on my mom‘s computer since before I can remember, but 97 or 98 is when I got my uncle‘s SNES.

He had a few sports games, but the games that really stood out to me were Super Mario World and Donkey Kong Country.
Everybody's havin' a good time with Poppy Bros!

User Info: woody71

woody71
3 years ago#8
1993 i believe with kingsquest
to the Grammar Police!-\/
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1062/50947440.gif

User Info: XenoFFvs

XenoFFvs
3 years ago#9
My grandma said I was better than she was at super mario bros when I was barely 2 years old. I was 2 in 1990 so 23 years ago.
Brawl Code:4639-9502-2693_Razor
PSN ID: xXAnTeRXx

User Info: Nam_Phan

Nam_Phan
3 years ago#10
1977. My Dad got an Atari 2600 for my brothers and I on Christmas that year.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What year did you start gaming?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived