Bayonetta going nintendo caused outrage, but why didn't 101 do the same?

#51mikebrand83Posted 8/25/2013 11:27:24 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
They're not against a sequel, they're against a sequel on a system they don't have.

It's not even as if the first game has some massive fanbase, some two million over two consoles.

Which, as per the rule of thumb actually used by major video game companies (e.g. Capcom) to generally measure success (as opposed to the judgement of some random anons on the interwebs), that would actually make Bayonetta a major success.

... Twice over.

Source:
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html
#52quickposterPosted 8/25/2013 11:38:10 PM
suzukimatsui posted...
We all know that Kamiya said Nintendo was there to save the sequel but I really want to know if He and Platinum at that time did not go to publishers like GungHo, Atlus, Falcom, Namco Bandai, etc to make the game multiplat on all major consoles rather than just making it exclusive.

Konami approached them with Rising so wouldn't they have tried to use them? Nobody else cared. It isn't some conspiracy to alienate the fanbase. Nobody else wanted it. Nobody saw it going anywhere. Sega had given up. People can say what about another publisher but if people were interested, it would have happened.

Nintendo didn't steal it. They saved it.
#53STE573Posted 8/26/2013 1:04:44 AM
Well people did want it, there have been rumours about a sequel since the first one released, the fact that no publishers saw value in it was the main reason that we didn't see one. And now we have the situation, which is unavoidable, where the Bayonetta 2 is going to completely flop in sales if it just sees this platform. The only way it will ever be remotely successful is if it releases on the PS3/360 as well, and thats a fact, like it or not.

I loved the first one and when the sequel was announced as an exclusive I wasn't angry it wasn't on a particular console, I was perplexed at why it was going to a console where most of the owners wouldn't even know what it was.

So that puts B2 at quite a place in my mind, and then we have W101 that I've never really cared about and I'm probably not even going to buy in a sale, so the difference in what these games mean to me is massive and thats why I was more bothered over B2, because ot stands to flop.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X NNID- X-STE-90-X Currently playing The Last of Us (PS3), Forza 3 (360), NSMBU (Wii U) and God of War HD (PS3).
#54BrusselsAffairPosted 8/26/2013 1:08:27 AM
quickposter posted...
101 is a new game with no fanbase. Bayonetta just proves how spoiled 360 and PS3 owners really are.

Wow, Nintendo fanboys really are the worst of the bunch.
---
"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use two feet"
FC: 3582-9241-5705, PSN: liam6678
#55mikebrand83Posted 8/26/2013 2:40:56 AM
BrusselsAffair posted...
quickposter posted...
101 is a new game with no fanbase. Bayonetta just proves how spoiled 360 and PS3 owners really are.

Wow, Nintendo fanboys really are the worst of the bunch.

"Worst of the bunch"? For what? Pointing out the obvious about the worst of the Sony/Xbox fanboys?

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=185428
http://www.polygon.com/gaming/2012/9/22/3371474/bayonetta-2-would-not-exist-without-nintendo-platinum-games-wii-u

... And that's just the entirely unjustified death threats over Bayonetta 2 alone, never mind a number of other examples of such behaviour from such fanboys.
#56pearl arowanaPosted 8/26/2013 2:41:33 AM
WhiteKilla666 posted...
I remember back when Bayonetta first came out, Wii fans lambasted it on their board. Oh well, typical Nintendo fanboy flip flop. Like back when they cared about graphics on the SNES/N64/GCN and then turned for the Wii lol

yea like when almost all multi-plat games on wii u are better on ps3 or 360 then they just goes

"We never liked it anyways"
"lazy dev"

rofl
---
Drones Topic Derailing guidelines ..(rofl)
1) insult nick name 2) insult user level 3) Insult English and grammar
#57wonderful121(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 3:06:57 AM
pearl arowana posted...
WhiteKilla666 posted...
I remember back when Bayonetta first came out, Wii fans lambasted it on their board. Oh well, typical Nintendo fanboy flip flop. Like back when they cared about graphics on the SNES/N64/GCN and then turned for the Wii lol

yea like when almost all multi-plat games on wii u are better on ps3 or 360 then they just goes

"We never liked it anyways"
"lazy dev"

rofl

Batman is better on wii U.
Need for speed is better on wii U.

Haven't played other multiplats.
#58BloodychessPosted 8/26/2013 6:01:55 AM
quickposter posted...

Hopefully the fools who cried about this are starting to realize that.
---
Not changing this sig until EA issues an apology for Madden 13
#59wonderful121(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 9:49:57 AM
Bloodychess posted...
quickposter posted...

Hopefully the fools who cried about this are starting to realize that.

Face the facts. We are talking about ponies here.
#60Capace23Posted 8/26/2013 10:18:49 AM
wonderful121 posted...
It's every bit as deep and imaginitive as bayonetta, or any other Kamiya game.

Wonderful 101 is a brand new Ip and owned by Nintendo so I can not see how people could be outraged that Nintendo's own Ip is exclusive to he Wii U. Bayonetta already had a fanbase and like any game that "jumps ship" some fans were always going to be upset that Bayonetta would not be on a system that they owned or intended to own in the future.