Had a WiiU from launch and my biggest complaint is

#1Gage59Posted 8/25/2013 10:25:31 AM
I haven't found a good way to invite friends to play the game I'm playing without going to my friends list, then going to there profile within miiverse, then send them a message asking about playing,they don't get a pop up notification or noise they get a quiet blue blinking light that could go unnoticed for minutes. I feel like I'm jumping through hoops and sometimes all for nothing why not just a simple game invitation? I realize there are features in games that may be similar but some kind of pop up on screen would be fantastic.
---
Nintendo ID:Infinitybit_KZ
#2Go2ChurchPosted 8/25/2013 10:28:21 AM
I feel like they'll do something of this nature soon enough, I'm surprised that it isn't this way already. I don't have any friends who own Wii U, so I don't use the online capabilities at all yet.
---
Everybody seeks happiness! Not me, though! Thats the difference between me and the rest of the world. Happiness isnt good enough for me! I demand euphoria!
#3themoth2112Posted 8/25/2013 11:14:40 AM
This has been a huge thing for me as well, at least give me a 'message received' sound or something
---
mothmusic.tumblr.com
#4MikeisapoetPosted 8/25/2013 11:18:23 AM
I haven't even thought about that. That is kinda annoying.

My biggest grievance though is the fact that this console can't make use of both HDMI and AV ports at one time. It always prioritizes the HDMI, which means with my rig of having it through my monitor via an HDMI/DVi port, I haven't use my y-adaptor to get audio from my AV cords.

I emailed Nintendo about it, the guy that answered me couldn't give a technical answer since he was just an email dude, so I don't know if it's a technical limitation, or just something they shut off that can be turned on through a system update.
---
If you were to ask me what kind of person I was, I'd tell you I listen to dubstep, country, rap and thrash metal. I think that makes me a pretty level person.
#5MasterPokerPosted 8/25/2013 12:04:40 PM
I'm glad it remains this way (a FL meant for communicating with family, not random internet players), the last thing Nintendo wants are gangs being up randoms over the internet like they do on the 360.
---
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com - Free, addicting rogue-based game
Xuande
#6Gage59(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 2:09:21 PM
I am not happy the way it is this is the only current console I have by choice. The wii was for family this system is for hardcore gamers. we need convenience and options that last gen has as a standard. I love nintendos unorthodox way of doing things that work in the long run but its important if its an online console we need all or nothing at this point this is not a system for my grandma like the wii was this is a next gen hardcore gaming console and needs all the bells and whistles to prove it.
---
Nintendo ID:Infinitybit_KZ
#7MasterPokerPosted 8/25/2013 7:50:25 PM
No. Nintendo aims to be for everybody, not these labels like "hardcore" or "casual". And having a functional grouping-up feature excludes casuals and people like me who prefer to jump online and play to the benefit of internet gangs.
---
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com - Free, addicting rogue-based game
Xuande
#8VenomSymbiotePosted 8/25/2013 8:13:55 PM
Didn't they say they were going to add a way to see notices on the screen when you receive friend messages? If yes, it's a welcome feature. If not, it is really annoying I agree. I've missed a lot of friend messages due to just not realizing the blue light flashed for a second and never to flutter ever again. Only time it constantly blinks is of course when a friend of mine sends me Wii Chat requests and I don't usually want to since I'm, ya know, playing a game.
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
#9stalemate_666Posted 8/25/2013 8:22:34 PM
Go2Church posted...
I feel like they'll do something of this nature soon enough, I'm surprised that it isn't this way already. I don't have any friends who own Wii U, so I don't use the online capabilities at all yet.

What makes you think Nintendo will do anything soon exactly?
---
psn: Stalemate666
#10_Sovereign_Posted 8/25/2013 10:26:19 PM
That seems like a pretty trivial complaint....but then again after spending some time thinking about it, I haven't made any friends over the internet that I wouldn't give my number to. In fact, even though none of us has ever personally met, we all keep in touch in between games during our everyday lives. Basically, if we want to play, we send out a text and wait on the response. Whatever happens next is the outcome.

I would never make "friends" that I would feel uncomfortable with in real life.
---
I do not return to topics. I say my peace and move on. If you draw issues with what I say, then by all means, inbox me.