I need some honest opinions about the wii u system

#1bunnie88Posted 8/25/2013 10:40:35 AM
What do ya'll think about the system as far as the games, replayability, potential for the future game wise and overall what the system is like?

After being on team "3DS xl" for over a year and having a 3ds for about 6 months, I've grown bored with it for different reasons and im thinking about getting a wii u system.

judging by what I've read so far, I think that the deluxe version is a better choice for me and that I can get it cheaper used via gamestop or waiting for a sale and that by using ebay, I could save more money on games plus redbox should have wii u games to rent. and I know that i'm interested in NSMB wii and wii u, maybe the luigi u game, the game and wario game, Nintendo land(part of the reason i'm going deluxe) and I have heavy interest in SM3DW.
---
ACWW longest played game 1-9-06 to present and still going
#2FullMetalPanicPosted 8/25/2013 10:43:07 AM
If you've grown bored of your 3DS, you won't be happy with the WiiU right now IMO. Wait until more games are out.
---
[_NNID_] PowerBerry [_PSN_] MrCiel [_3DS_] Ciel [ 2062 | 9168 | 6736 ]
*~Nostalgia Kicks-in~*
#3Go2ChurchPosted 8/25/2013 10:59:58 AM
I love mine, and it's only going to get better.

I have NSMBU (Which I still play), NSLU (Haven't finished), Nintendo Land (Play with friends), and Pikmin (Haven't finished).

Granted, I don't have much time on my hands to play lately, but I love it. It's a blast. Im excited for Sonic Lost World, WWHD, and Mario 3D World this year.
---
Everybody seeks happiness! Not me, though! Thats the difference between me and the rest of the world. Happiness isnt good enough for me! I demand euphoria!
#4JonbazookabozPosted 8/25/2013 11:06:42 AM
Tbh im loving my wii u. Miiverse integration is great. And there are a bunch of games that are brilliant.
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#5NovaLevossidaPosted 8/25/2013 11:11:41 AM
If you only like Nintendo games, get a Wii U, but do so down the line when there are more games out.

If you like third parties / multiplatform titles, Sony titles, next gen power that actually impresses, competent online, and the multitude of games that come with PS Plus, get a PS4.

If you like what Sony's doing but want a worse version of it that costs more and comes bundled with a Kinect that you might not want, get an Xbox One.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#6SlimeSwayzePosted 8/25/2013 11:14:57 AM
I think it's too expensive, and right now there just haven' been enough quality games to keep me using the system enough to justify my purchase last February. So far I haven't been impressed with the Gamepad, but I do like that it at least functions as a more traditional controller than the wiimote did. Technically, while it is supposedly more powerful than the PS3/360, so far I haven't played any Wii U games that show me that it has really made that technological leap, which is kind of disappointing.

That said, I think by the time Mario Kart comes out there will be enough for a new owner to play and keep them busy until the next batch of new games starts coming out. With the holiday coming up, I would recommend simply waiting until one of the online retailers has a great sale on the system and some games. Even if Nintendo doesn't drop their price, you should be able to get one at a deep discount within the next few months.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#7GEKGanonPosted 8/25/2013 11:22:06 AM
Honestly, I think you picked one up right now, you'd probably be pretty happy with it. There are enough games out now, and enough on the horizon to keep you going.
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#8UponADarkThornePosted 8/25/2013 11:22:48 AM
The real question is...

What sort of games do you like?
#9moogle69Posted 8/25/2013 11:23:13 AM
Right now the system is a ripoff, wait til the price drops.
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Backlog Growing for the system i own
#10MikeisapoetPosted 8/25/2013 11:24:36 AM
Honestly, if you came here for honest opinions, you're better off asking a blind man how he likes the Mona Lisa. You're going to get a lot of people who never saw it and never will, and a lot of people who could see at one point but suddenly can't.

But since you came here, I love my Wii U, I have no huge setbacks with it.
---
If you were to ask me what kind of person I was, I'd tell you I listen to dubstep, country, rap and thrash metal. I think that makes me a pretty level person.