Which would you rather have, Monolith soft's X or Kingdom Hearts 3?

#41cavebear56Posted 8/26/2013 7:48:31 AM
kdognumba1 posted...
Ok let's think about this, giant mech that can transform into a vehicle or Goofy and Donald.... hmmm... decisions... decisions....

In all seriousness though, X by a long shot.

Thing is, if this was the literal THIRD GAME in the Kingdom Hearts series then I'd be all about it but there's been a ton of spin offs and the story has become too convoluted for me to have the same experience that I could of, would of, and should of had 6 years ago if they followed up on PS3.

Also while it's cool to see the series make a come back, Square Enix's recent games and recent actions do not give me the faith that they can properly handle older series's. Almost all of their console games from this closing gen were way below bar when compared to their predecessors in the previous generations.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying I won't play it or that I dislike SE, I'm highly interested in the DQVII remake as well as Bravely Default and I would love for FF Type 0 to get localized but when speaking about console games, they didn't make the jump to HD very well (many of their games were technically flawed or focused more on visuals then the games actual substance) and there ventures on the Wii weren't any better. I'll get KH3, but it's not a game I'm really hyped about. These same feelings go for Bioware now too after 3 games that had flaws at launch, it's going to take a few good games in a row for me to get hyped for their games again.

Now if the question would of been X or Witcher 3, the choice would be much harder.

This. (In the entirety. Including Witcher and Bioware commentts).

The fact they took forever to get the third game out lost all steam and hype I had for KH before.

Furthermore.

To clarify for the less educated who actually believes a college level English class (or never bothered to check the context convoluted applies) is an actual argument (sorry kiddo it isn't), convoluted generally implies needlessly complicated.

This isn't restricted to just KH, but many games. No it isn't confusing, it's just padded out to the point that it dilutes itself of most merit. Just like the MGS series. Just handled messily.

So please educate yourself before trying to educate others.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#42BoomerTheGreatPosted 8/26/2013 7:57:44 AM
erasedMUSE posted...
Funny how ppl say KH has a confusing story line while these same people would more than likely praise Zelda & call it a masterpiece, & that series is far far far from beong anything near a masterpiece.

Seriously, two time lines i could believe, but three? That series' story was made by the fans, & Nintendo just ran with it.

KH story is not that confusing, in a nut shell, it all connects to Sora.
You people really have to take a college English class.

Well I guess this is the worst post Ive seen on GFAQs. Noted for the future.
---
Greatness comes from within
#43mashuPosted 8/26/2013 8:10:52 AM(edited)
Let me think a second:

The game with Disney characters vs the game without Disney characters? That's easy...

X.

I mean really, I enjoy Disney films just like anyone else, but my gaming with them is another story. That, and I loved Xenoblade Chronicles.
#44HayashiTakaraPosted 8/26/2013 8:14:10 AM
SoaringDive posted...
Pac12345 posted...
HayashiTakara posted...
the idea of running around with a pre-teen and disney characters doesn't appeal to me.

You, sir, win.

Win? How does the lack of having a proper childhood mean "winning"? I'd take that as an extreme loss.

I was 21 when the first Kingdom Hearts came out.
#45Lelouch71Posted 8/26/2013 8:45:06 AM
Let see one game has the maker of Xenogears and the other game has a long line of games that never touch the level of Xenogears. Takahashi is one of the few writers/directors that is worthy of my praise. Nomura is just average.

KH is a game I play for gameplay, music, characters (especially Disney). The story is something to play through. X might be weaker in the battle system department, but it will deliver in everything else. It's a not hard decision for me.

Besides I'm more interested in FFXV than I am of KH3 especially now that it has Tabata and Jun to keep both Nomura and Nojima in check.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#46The_HyphenatorPosted 8/26/2013 8:58:21 AM
X. I loved Xenoblade, and haven't liked a single game that Square has released in the last 8 years or so, with the exception of Deus Ex, which wasn't even developed by Square itself.

If it had come out sometime during the lifetime of the PS3, I probably would have bought KH3. But at this point, the story is just a mess on par with Xenosaga's storyline that requires you to play three or four handheld games just to understand what's gone on to this point. And after the cluster**** that was Final Fantasy XIII, I have no more faith in Square's ability to release a game with decent gameplay or a good story.

If/when I do buy a PS4, it won't be to play Square-Enix games, I'll tell you that much.
#47ChokusetsuPosted 8/26/2013 9:22:57 AM
AceMos posted...
Chokusetsu posted...
The story of Zelda games are very straightforward and simple. They're nothing special, they just work.

If you're talking about the timeline... the only reason there even is one is so fans can shutup.
The timeline is bogus and the games function better if you ignore it.
Unlike KH, you don't need to play any previous Zelda game to understand the story of one of the games.

But yeah, I agree. KH isn't confusing at all... It just drags too much.

yay for ignorance

there was a time lince since zelda 2 which was a sequel to zelda 1 state in its manual

link to the past was a prequel state by miyamoto before it came out and then on the back of its box

adn the time line is not now nor was it ever all that hard to understand

If you really take a 3-way split timeline seriously you're really delusional.

It was easy enough to say where each game was when there were only 2 or 3 titles in the franchise.

Aonuma and Miyamoto themselves have admitted the timeline is the LAST thing they think about while developing the games. They work on each game independently and just choose a spot once it's done. That's NOT consistent at all.

The timeline is bogus. And purely for fans who insist long series NEED to have one.
---
De arimasu
#48EndgamePosted 8/26/2013 9:47:00 AM
neither

death to all jRPGs
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert