What point is there in buying a Wii U when XB1 and PS4 are coming out soon?

#111RainingMetalPosted 8/26/2013 4:57:50 AM
Looks like we have another Pachter fanboy here.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cJNpPN6AO8
Steam Account: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197964001631
#112Grey_TygrePosted 8/26/2013 5:09:42 AM
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate was what sold me a Wii U. Given the amount of time I've put into that one, single title (I own a few others for it and replayed my Project Rainfall RPGs on it besides), it's paid for itself. At least if I assume my time's worth $5/hour while gaming. ;)

/500 or so hours into MH3U, still playing it
---
3DS FC is 0920-0012-7211
NNID is Llesnouh
#113iBlackice25Posted 8/26/2013 5:13:38 AM
Because, i dont know, maybe people want a wii u?
-__-
---
GT: DarknessSniperX
Youtube channel: aquaAffinity2
#114Gustave652Posted 8/26/2013 5:18:07 AM(edited)
Donkey Kong Country Returns.Tropical Freeze, Super Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD, X, Yarn Yoshi and the next main entry in the Zelda series are coming out. I'm glad i own a Wii U so i can look forward to these titles. Tropical Freeze especially is a huge title for me.
#115middays_deepPosted 8/26/2013 5:17:52 AM
Exclusives.

That has been the only reason to buy Nintendo consoles since the N64.
---
"I take back what I said, and I take back the take back before that."
#116TransdudePosted 8/26/2013 5:18:16 AM
The games, both already available and upcoming games. That's why I bought Wii U, that's why I want to get a PS2, and that's why I want to get a 360. Enough with the F***ing console wars BS. At the end of the day, the games are the only thing matters when it comes to getting a console.
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | NNID: Transdude1996 | Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#117SlaysmePosted 8/26/2013 5:23:36 AM
Not everyone plays fps and stabbing games.
---
Your television viewing may be a negative influence on your life. It may lie to you. Watch out! Don't believe the robots. Eat well
5412-9925-5942. Psn-slaysme
#118ljkkjlcm9Posted 8/26/2013 5:37:04 AM
Would people just stop asking about Nintendo and 3rd party support. No matter what Nintendo does, they can't have 3rd parties and it is quite simple why. When Nintendo has no/few 1st party games, like early 3DS and current Wii U, the system hasn't sold well enough for 3rd parties so they don't develop for them. But when Nintendo does have Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Zelda etc, and they sit on the shelf next to say, Assassin's Creed, the consumer who owns the Nintendo system is Far FAR more likely to pick up a Nintendo game. 3rd parties cannot compete with 1st party Nintendo. And everyone that gets mad that there isn't enough 3rd parties, is mad because they want to play those 1st party games from Nintendo but hate having to buy two systems, and that is purely on the 3rd parties that don't like being second fiddle to Nintendo. I understand that. Assassins Creed on Sony/Microsoft can get all the spotlight but only minor attention on Nintendo. On Sony/Microsoft Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed etc are SELLING POINTS to the system. On a Nintendo console they are considered a nice bonus to the 1st party games.

THE JACKEL
#119goomaster_289Posted 8/26/2013 5:51:23 AM
Uhmm......

First parties, mostly. And more importantly, why should people listen to you?
---
"I saw a kumquat giving birth to a speeding ticket shaped like a constipated gopher." -Phil Eggtree-
#120RafedxPosted 8/26/2013 5:59:54 AM
JohnConquest posted...
Wii U isn't going to be getting near as much third party support, it's media features are lacking, it doesn't have the party appeal of the Wii, Nintendo's marketing efforts are so far behind the effort they put into the Wii, and the multiplayer community doesn't exist.

To make matters worse, most of Nintendo's upcoming games are either the same mascot franchises they've been using for years or minigame compilations only made as a tutorial for the system's features. They have X, but their first party offerings don't have near enough unique titles like that. And this is in spite of the fact Nintendo had a headstart on their competition.

So with Nintendo's first party efforts being lazy and too familiar and third parties focusing on XB1 and PS4, what reason is there to pick up a Wii U this holiday season?

the Wii U will be my secondary console and I will probably skip out on the Xbone. I normally have my main console and a secondary which has been Nintendo since the GCN. They have a decent amount of exclusives out and coming out that justifies my purchase of one.

If a lot of other people share my mentality of this then the Wii U will do pretty well for itself, being peoples secondary console of choice. If the price drops enough people will buy it, once some more new exclusives are announced or come out people will be on board to get one even more.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.