What point is there in buying a Wii U when XB1 and PS4 are coming out soon?

#191quickposterPosted 8/27/2013 11:26:19 AM
This is still open? It was pointed out to TC by multiple people that the launches for X1 and PS4 are poor and the next year looks barren for both and he ignored it. No point debating with him.
#192albanianx1Posted 8/27/2013 11:46:38 AM
This is still open? It was pointed out to TC by multiple people that the launches for X1 and PS4 are poor and the next year looks barren for both and he ignored it. No point debating with him.
We know Halo, Project Spark and Titanfall are coming out on X1, maybe Sunset Overdrive as well. Sony only really showed inFamous but most of their studios are unknown, but you add multi games like The Witcher 3, Destiny, the Division and one of FFXV/MGSV there are major blockbuster games coming out that year with serious pedigree. And yes, next gen to multi platform games for some of those games the difference will be massive. It's similar to buying BF4 and Watch Dogs for PS3 and thinking it's the same as the PS4 version. If you have a high quality PC on the other hand, it's a different story.

This seems like a major troll/bait topic altogether though.
---
PSN: eaglespirit
#193Sega9599Posted 8/29/2013 8:45:49 AM
although this is a serious question for me as well. I brought a Wii because I love Nintendo games, and I love the games that I bought for it. Mario Kart Wii, Galaxy 1/2, Brawl, XC/TLS/PT, Kirby Adventure Wii, etc......

But in all honesty I have spent more time on the XBOX 360. The 360 seems to be my 2nd console, because it's the machine I never really keep too many games for, I always trade them in or sell them. Whereas the Wii I rarely sell any of my games.

Despite this, I know I have spent more time on L4D2 and COD than any other game in my life. The online playability of these games really increased the lifespan for me. It's not even about them not being on a Nintendo Console, it's simply that the games are amazing to play with friends.

I know I'll get a Wii U just to play those Nintendo gems, and they'll be classic games I'll never sell....
and yet still I probably will spend more time on the X1.

So then....is it worth me buying the Wii U console?

YES, because I love gaming. More than DVDs or sports or any other hobby. So I'll buy great games.
Note* I have become aware of time and money limitations as of late, so buying a PS4 as well is out of the question.
---
Waiting for Mirrors Edge 2 and a new 'proper' Shining Force.
#194ShankspearePosted 8/29/2013 9:01:49 AM(edited)
Side note. I believe the PS4 sales of multiplayer based games like battlefield and call of duty are going to be much lower due to that paywall, so I am interested to see how those sell.
#195JCY24Posted 8/29/2013 9:05:07 AM
ITT: a bunch of people who need to buy every console and experience the full spectrum. Then again you people probably enjoy console wars and crying online while missing out on the best every console has to offer. Oh well -buries self in massive stack of games across all platforms-
---
www.facebook.com/jcyoung24
#196Fisto81Posted 8/29/2013 9:06:11 AM
Will you guys stop bumping this troll thread please.
---
If you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and aren't ashamed to show it, put this as your signature.