Lets say the tablet was just a plain controller

#1TheRealistKillaPosted 8/26/2013 5:21:02 AM
This system would retail for 99 dollars and be called Wii HD. would that have been better than utilizing a 150 dollar tablet controller?
---
I have never seen a kid so explosive in my life. Mike Mayock on Percy Lord have Mercy Harvin
#2Rival_Blue_1999Posted 8/26/2013 5:22:51 AM
Should I bother?
---
Nintendo Network: Jon_14
#3Tech_SupportPosted 8/26/2013 5:26:02 AM
You've got the general idea TC but you are giving Nintendo way too much credit.

This laughable tablet with a plastic screen/no multi touch/ low resolution does not cost $150 to make.

Secondly even if they made an HD Wii like you said they would still charge $299, remember they charged an obscene amount for the Wii as well.

Nintendo overprices because they think they can but consumers aren't gonna fall for the same trick twice as evidenced by the terrible Wii U sales.
---
Stop. Posting. On the Wii Board. You're really this close away from a Suspension. - CyricZ
#4FayeLadyPosted 8/26/2013 5:26:33 AM
99 seems a bit low, but it seems safe to assume they could turn a profit at 199. Selling at half the price of the next cheapest system would have given them a better chance at second place than they currently have
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#5TheRealistKilla(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 5:37:42 AM
i know tablet/gamepad replacements are like 150 via nintendo so figure 8gb white model would be 99 and deluxe 149.99
---
I have never seen a kid so explosive in my life. Mike Mayock on Percy Lord have Mercy Harvin
#6MilesTeg420Posted 8/26/2013 5:41:39 AM
Lets face it, HD should have been enough for Nintendo. They didn't need to go the Gamepad route and try and revolutionize controllers again.

Imagine a $250 Wii U with the same hardware as it is now with Wii Sports HD packed in and upgraded Wii Remotes. Thing would have sold well, and maybe without the Gamepad Nintendo wouldn't be taking so much time with software development.

At E3 2011 Nintendo showed a vision for Wii U. It included Wii Sports, tabletop board games played on the Gamepad, Zelda tech demo etc. Bottom line is we have none of that stuff.
#7deathwave21Posted 8/26/2013 5:57:05 AM
TheRealistKilla posted...
This system would retail for 99 dollars and be called Wii HD. would that have been better than utilizing a 150 dollar tablet controller?

Buy it and you would understand how ignorant that statement truly is.
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!
#8JackalPosted 8/26/2013 5:59:32 AM
MilesTeg420 posted...
Lets face it, HD should have been enough for Nintendo. They didn't need to go the Gamepad route and try and revolutionize controllers again.

Imagine a $250 Wii U with the same hardware as it is now with Wii Sports HD packed in and upgraded Wii Remotes. Thing would have sold well, and maybe without the Gamepad Nintendo wouldn't be taking so much time with software development.

At E3 2011 Nintendo showed a vision for Wii U. It included Wii Sports, tabletop board games played on the Gamepad, Zelda tech demo etc. Bottom line is we have none of that stuff.

I can agree with this. They can't even refine their controllers from the previous generation because they keep changing them. That something that Sony and MS have been able to do. See what's working and what's not and then make the appropriate changes with better tech. Do you see any Wavebirds for the Wii U? Has there been improvements on the Wiimotes or the CCP? GC and N64 controllers are gone forever. With this track record what do you think they are going to do with their next system? Make a new GP? Backwards compatibility is going to be a mess if they don't.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#9Rasputin77Posted 8/26/2013 6:27:17 AM
Lets say the tablet was just a plain controller...

There's no way I would have bought it.
---
Trolling = 'posting a message designed to get others mad enough to violate one of the other rules'
Because 'design' can be interpreted through a screen, right?
#10SpillardPosted 8/26/2013 6:43:19 AM
TheRealistKilla posted...
Lets say the tablet was just a plain controller

If this was the case, the Wii U would be a cheap and plain console clone.
Is this really what you want?
---
When I grow up I want to be a professional gamer.