Should Nintendo release a Wii U with more internal storage?

#21MilesTeg420Posted 8/26/2013 9:33:44 AM
ZimbabweBob posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
trenken posted...
Theyll release a new model at some point, they always do, and I would imagine theyll beef it up where they can while still keeping it affordable, so why not. The more the merrier. Especially since they are so gung ho about digital downloads like everyone else these days.

Cant expect to put all your retail games in the eshop when I only have 32gb to work with here.

Wow, better be careful what you ask for. The Wii revision nixed BC, then then the next one nixed the internet. If anything a revision will remove features not add to them.

Which version "nixed" the internet? Please do inform us as I was unaware of any version of the Wii lacking Wi-Fi.

Wii Mini. No internet so no access to Wii Shop, online play, etc.
#22sugarshaneo7Posted 8/26/2013 9:53:18 AM
For the folks who voted yes..You are either 15 years old, or have zero business sense. Yes the minimum size Nintendo allows to connect externally is 1tb and you won't use that much, but after reformatting it a few years down the road after you got what you wanted out of the wii u, you have a 1tb hard drive that will last you 8-10 years most likely. Changing storage options is expensive, the fact those who voted yes have no clue what it's like to distribute millions of dollars to different departments, software development, Research and development, training employees over the long term, keeping the employees there, creating longevity and consistency with game development, marketing..(need I go on?) probably, but I'm not going to. 1tb external hard drives are CHEAP in almost every region of the world where Nintendo has definitive market in. If you don't agree, you have no idea how to look for deals online or at b&m stores and are poor with money management. Never get into business either for those who voted yes. You will be the same type of individuals, in position, who approve, for example, hdmi ports or other ports in the most ridiculous, hard to reach places on hdtv's I have found made 4 or 5 years ago. so damn frustrating...
#23Kromlech06Posted 8/26/2013 9:54:20 AM
ITT: Why gamefaqs users are not CEOs.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#24vidalmorazaPosted 8/26/2013 9:56:01 AM
2wingedangel posted...
It'd likely be cheaper to just get an external hard drive. 1TB goes for about $80, and God knows I'll never be able to use that much space.

This, and I think this is Nintendo mind, any casual gamer are not gonna use the space on the 8GB and 32GB Wii U....

I rather get a 8GB Wii U and get a $80 1TB external HDD (a $330 console), than a maybe 128GB Wii U for $350
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#25DeathSoul2000Posted 8/26/2013 9:56:36 AM
Kromlech06 posted...
ITT: Why gamefaqs users are not CEOs.

doesn't stop a lot of them from acting like it though.
#26Baha05Posted 8/26/2013 9:59:00 AM
Maybe, though SSD are expensive. In any case they need to remodel the system to have an empty slot to toss in an internal HDD (Maybe a 150 gig)
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#27_Sovereign_Posted 8/26/2013 11:32:18 AM
xxnike629xx posted...
I think Nintendo made some bad choices with the Wii U.

What I would've done and I hope they do is:

1. Release a Wii U with at least 120 GB or 500 GB of internal storage (match the PS4 and Xbox One).

2. Don't package the tablet controller with the Wii U since I suspect that's what is jacking up the price.

3. Offer to sell the tablet controller retail for like $79.99 each.

4. Nix the 8GB and 32GB Wii U models by reducing the MSRP.

5. Sell the 500 GB Wii U only. Multiple SKUs of home consoles never do so well.

6. Have the Wii U to have an optional storage upgrade via an official storage product.

Not one of those options sounds appealing, and #2 is what makes the Wii U. That's like watching TV using only the audio...what's the point?
---
I do not return to topics. I say my peace and move on. If you draw issues with what I say, then by all means, inbox me.
#28gnomelord255Posted 8/27/2013 6:17:13 AM
Yeah, because the Wii U needs another 50$ tacked on to it's cost for a 300gb of space. Take the 50$ and buy a 1tb hard drive people.
#29arvilinoPosted 8/27/2013 6:28:53 AM(edited)
xxnike629xx posted...
I think Nintendo made some bad choices with the Wii U.

What I would've done and I hope they do is:

1. Release a Wii U with at least 120 GB or 500 GB of internal storage (match the PS4 and Xbox One).

2. Don't package the tablet controller with the Wii U since I suspect that's what is jacking up the price.

3. Offer to sell the tablet controller retail for like $79.99 each.

4. Nix the 8GB and 32GB Wii U models by reducing the MSRP.

5. Sell the 500 GB Wii U only. Multiple SKUs of home consoles never do so well.

6. Have the Wii U to have an optional storage upgrade via an official storage product.

The PS4 and Xboxone's storage are only what they are because they need to be that high in order to allow the player to play more than a couple physical games. The WiiU doesn't have a mandatory install the disk to the drive for each game you play, the only way a higher storage system would make sense in the WiiU's case would be if the majority of gamers would download most of their games digitally.
---
"The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time."
#30Gamer4e4Posted 8/27/2013 6:32:47 AM
blundermine posted...
Yes, but keep the low memory ones on the market.

Another teen who knows jack squat about hardware and confuses storage space with memory.