The Inevitable Pikmin 3 or Rayman Topic..

#1twohats_fisherPosted 8/26/2013 10:15:47 AM
Alrighty so now I need to decide whether to get Pikmin 3 or Rayman Legends.

I know that Rayman isn't out so it will be hard to say, but that IGN review has me all confused and I can definitely only buy one this year.

So what say you!
#2TerotrousPosted 8/26/2013 10:21:39 AM
Uhh, they have pretty much no similarities. I don't know how you would want us to compare them.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Yume Penguin Monogatari"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#3thefabregas22Posted 8/26/2013 10:23:25 AM
Heres another game that you can't really compare to either of them! Wonderful 101.... get it
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: Admiral Classy
#4twohats_fisher(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 10:27:48 AM
they don't have to be similar to require a decision to be made.
here's their similarity: they are both video games for the wii u. i can only get one.
why do they have to be the exact same game? and they're more similar than FFXIV versus CoD would be...

Funny thing is I thought about including Wonderful 101 in here but felt like it was too dissimilar.

i'm kinda interested in that as well... bleh
#5JonbazookabozPosted 8/26/2013 10:35:13 AM
That is a tough tough call imo. Pikmin is such a unique experience and blazingly awesome game. But raymans replayablity would prob be worth taking into consideration. Then again you are more likely to find rayman discounted down the line.

Either way. You cant lose here.
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#6AJ2412Posted 8/26/2013 10:37:51 AM
Get W101 and Rayman Legends.
---
"The people who hate on Vuvuzela's are the ones who cant play them." -EvilmetalUK
http://i.imgur.com/7iLBp.png By QTx314159 .
#7The_Shadow_LinkPosted 8/26/2013 10:38:39 AM
Terotrous posted...
Uhh, they have pretty much no similarities. I don't know how you would want us to compare them.

These are comparable as Wii U games that came out a similar time. So there is some point to comparing them.

And I'd go with Rayman. Origins was awesome, sounds like Legends improved on everything Origins had and more.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#8twohats_fisher(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 10:38:45 AM
Jonbazookaboz posted...
Then again you are more likely to find rayman discounted down the line.

THAT is a really good point that I hadn't thought of! So far the edge then goes to Pikmin.
Also I have Rayman Origins so if I absolutely NEEDED a rayman fix I could have it.. but I've exhausted it a bit...
#9Rasputin77Posted 8/26/2013 10:39:30 AM
They're both video games. They can be compared. It's not f***ing rocket science, people. =) The comparison police have really spiraled out of control this generation... it's insane.

Rayman > Pikmin, TC. Any day.
---
I visit the Wii U board as a reminder to purchase and enthusiastically use prophylactics.
#10twohats_fisher(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 10:39:43 AM
The_Shadow_Link posted...
Terotrous posted...

These are comparable as Wii U games that came out a similar time. So there is some point to comparing them.

And I'd go with Rayman. Origins was awesome, sounds like Legends improved on everything Origins had and more.

Thanks for getting the point of the topic!
and also: ARRGH! This is such a hard decision!