New Super Luigi U is actually pretty nifty

#1promo123Posted 8/26/2013 4:48:42 PM
I made it about half way through the game in a few hours (without collecting the big coins unless they were easy) but the level design in this game is very well done. Much better than Mario U.
---
Everybody's havin' a good time with Poppy Bros!
#2NovaLevossidaPosted 8/26/2013 5:21:35 PM
Agreed. My only complaint about it is the price. Apart from that, the game is fantastic.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#3promo123(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 6:12:17 PM
Absolutely. Besides theme, the levels really set them selves apart from the levels in Mario U much better than I expected. For either $20 or $30 I would recommend this game.
---
Everybody's havin' a good time with Poppy Bros!
#4JonJonFTWPosted 8/29/2013 8:23:26 PM(edited)
Hmm. Maybe I will consider buying it in the future, if the price ever drops on the digital version, which hopefully might happen eventually.
---
"Why did you eat Snail Po?"
Gamertag : JonJonXs | Nintendo Network : JonJonXs | PSN : JonJonXs | Steam : JonJonXs | Youtube : JonJonFtheW
#5imameliaPosted 8/29/2013 9:27:43 PM
Eh. It's all right, but I would have taken 27 full-length, original levels over 82 levels that use mostly the same themes as the originals and are about a third as long. I feel like I can't really take time to enjoy the levels in New Super Luigi U. I haven't even bothered to go back and get all the Star Coins, which I did for New Super Mario Bros. U as soon as I completed it (and usually even before then).
#6ChronoCactaurPosted 8/29/2013 9:35:57 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
Agreed. My only complaint about it is the price. Apart from that, the game is fantastic.

Really? Considering NSMBU was $60 at launch, $30 seems like a bargain, especially since people are claiming it's even better than NSMBU.

Another thing to think about, the $30 version doesn't require a $60 copy of NSMBU to play.
---
VideoGame Playthroughs: www.youtube.com/azuretranquility
See quote for hardcore M&LSSS
#7Smaffl15Posted 8/29/2013 9:46:05 PM
This game was a lot tougher than Mario bros u, it really tested my platformer skills and FYI guys the one star road map, will piss you off so much to get all 3 star coins
#8ssbmrocksPosted 8/29/2013 10:27:45 PM
Smaffl15 posted...
This game was a lot tougher than Mario bros u, it really tested my platformer skills and FYI guys the one star road map, will piss you off so much to get all 3 star coins

Which one, Fire Bar Dash? Haha that's the one that got me.
---
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.
#9NovaLevossidaPosted 8/29/2013 10:32:12 PM
ChronoCactaur posted...
NovaLevossida posted...

Really? Considering NSMBU was $60 at launch, $30 seems like a bargain, especially since people are claiming it's even better than NSMBU.

Another thing to think about, the $30 version doesn't require a $60 copy of NSMBU to play.

$20 DLC is $5 above the standard pricing for standalone digital releases and DLC in that genre. So, yeah, price is something I'm going to point to as a complaint.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#10NeoMonkPosted 8/29/2013 10:36:01 PM
I just picked up NSMBW & NSMBWU
So I plan to make my way through both of those after I finish Zelda Skyward Sword and depending on how much I like them I might pick up the NSLU one... $30 seems a bit steep though...
But this has been a great summer for me & Mario games after finishing Galaxy, Galaxy 2 & Sunshine among 8 other games!
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator