Haven't owned a Nintendo console since the old fat gray Game Boy...

#11deathwave21Posted 8/27/2013 6:46:12 AM
If you can play the galaxy games, WW HD, NSMBU, Wii Sports, Pokemon B/W 1-2, DKC 3-4, Metroid: Other M, MP trilogy, MK Wii, and SSB Wii you will be up to speed.
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!
#12vyseskiesPosted 8/27/2013 6:52:02 AM
My last Nintendo System was the gamecube, and i will surely buy the WiiU next year when MK8 releases.

I will have MH3Ultimate, 3G frontier, MK8, ZeldaWWHD, X game, and later Smash bros. at disposal. Just that worths buying the system.
---
Hail Monster Hunter Franchise! Hail One Piece!
<3
#13gnomelord255Posted 8/27/2013 7:19:24 AM
A 3DS or a Wii U are probably the best options at this point.
#14wstfld(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 7:46:09 AM
How much of the SNES, N64 and Gamecube libraries are available on Wii U/3DS?
---
Last Played: Velocity Ultra (8/10)
Now Playing: NCAA Football 2014, StarCraft 2, KZM Beta, Civ V, Rayman Origins, Guacamelee El Diablo's Domain
#15ChokusetsuPosted 8/27/2013 7:55:42 AM
wstfld posted...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Console_games_for_Wii_U_%28North_America%29

it will get Nintenod 64 and Game Boy Advance releases in the future. But there was no official word on Gamecube titles.

As for 3DS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Console_games_for_Nintendo_3DS_%28North_America%29
---
De arimasu
#16DeathSoul2000Posted 8/27/2013 7:57:46 AM
wstfld posted...

Zilch to all 3 on 3DS, and it's just as bad on Wii U with a pitiful amount of snes games and zero N64 games currently, unless you're happy to play them in Wii mode which requires purchasing a wiimote + classic controller. GCN games are completely unavailable outside of the GCN itself.
#17ssbmrocksPosted 8/27/2013 8:09:11 AM
I say get a Wii U+3DS, that lets you play all of the new/upcoming 3DS/Wii U games, plus all DS and Wii games. If possible, I'd also try to find a cheap gamecube/Wii so you can play Gamecube games.

The Wii U virtual console is a bit lacking, but you can go into Wii Mode on it and access a ton more games on the Wii virtual console (which can eventually be brought to the Wii U VC if you want for a small fee). The NES and SNES selections are pretty good, although I find their N64 to be a bit lacking.

The 3DS VC mostly features Gameboy and Gameboy Color games, as well as some NES games that are also on the Wii VC, you won't find SNES/N64 games on it.
---
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.
#18wstfld(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 9:46:42 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
wstfld posted...

Zilch to all 3 on 3DS, and it's just as bad on Wii U with a pitiful amount of snes games and zero N64 games currently, unless you're happy to play them in Wii mode which requires purchasing a wiimote + classic controller. GCN games are completely unavailable outside of the GCN itself.

Damn, that sucks. So there really isn't a good, legal, cheap way to catch up? Oh well.
---
Last Played: Velocity Ultra (8/10)
Now Playing: NCAA Football 2014, StarCraft 2, KZM Beta, Civ V, Rayman Origins, Guacamelee El Diablo's Domain
#19DeathSoul2000Posted 8/27/2013 9:50:00 AM
wstfld posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
wstfld posted...

Damn, that sucks. So there really isn't a good, legal, cheap way to catch up? Oh well.

Unfortunately, no there isn't. Nintendo sucks balls with their VC "service."
#20ChokusetsuPosted 8/27/2013 9:51:32 AM
wstfld posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
wstfld posted...

Did you even bother to click the links I sent you? The two lists are up to date and are more reliable than someone saying 'there's nothing and the Wii U sucks'.
---
De arimasu