Haven't owned a Nintendo console since the old fat gray Game Boy...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Haven't owned a Nintendo console since the old fat gray Game Boy...

User Info: deathwave21

deathwave21
3 years ago#11
If you can play the galaxy games, WW HD, NSMBU, Wii Sports, Pokemon B/W 1-2, DKC 3-4, Metroid: Other M, MP trilogy, MK Wii, and SSB Wii you will be up to speed.
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!

User Info: vyseskies

vyseskies
3 years ago#12
My last Nintendo System was the gamecube, and i will surely buy the WiiU next year when MK8 releases.

I will have MH3Ultimate, 3G frontier, MK8, ZeldaWWHD, X game, and later Smash bros. at disposal. Just that worths buying the system.
Hail Monster Hunter Franchise! Hail One Piece!
<3

User Info: gnomelord255

gnomelord255
3 years ago#13
A 3DS or a Wii U are probably the best options at this point.

User Info: wstfld

wstfld
3 years ago#14
How much of the SNES, N64 and Gamecube libraries are available on Wii U/3DS?
Last Played: Velocity Ultra (8/10)
Now Playing: NCAA Football 2014, StarCraft 2, KZM Beta, Civ V, Rayman Origins, Guacamelee El Diablo's Domain

User Info: Chokusetsu

Chokusetsu
3 years ago#15
wstfld posted...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Console_games_for_Wii_U_%28North_America%29

it will get Nintenod 64 and Game Boy Advance releases in the future. But there was no official word on Gamecube titles.

As for 3DS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Console_games_for_Nintendo_3DS_%28North_America%29
De arimasu

User Info: DeathSoul2000

DeathSoul2000
3 years ago#16
wstfld posted...

Zilch to all 3 on 3DS, and it's just as bad on Wii U with a pitiful amount of snes games and zero N64 games currently, unless you're happy to play them in Wii mode which requires purchasing a wiimote + classic controller. GCN games are completely unavailable outside of the GCN itself.

User Info: ssbmrocks

ssbmrocks
3 years ago#17
I say get a Wii U+3DS, that lets you play all of the new/upcoming 3DS/Wii U games, plus all DS and Wii games. If possible, I'd also try to find a cheap gamecube/Wii so you can play Gamecube games.

The Wii U virtual console is a bit lacking, but you can go into Wii Mode on it and access a ton more games on the Wii virtual console (which can eventually be brought to the Wii U VC if you want for a small fee). The NES and SNES selections are pretty good, although I find their N64 to be a bit lacking.

The 3DS VC mostly features Gameboy and Gameboy Color games, as well as some NES games that are also on the Wii VC, you won't find SNES/N64 games on it.
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.

User Info: wstfld

wstfld
3 years ago#18
DeathSoul2000 posted...
wstfld posted...

Zilch to all 3 on 3DS, and it's just as bad on Wii U with a pitiful amount of snes games and zero N64 games currently, unless you're happy to play them in Wii mode which requires purchasing a wiimote + classic controller. GCN games are completely unavailable outside of the GCN itself.

Damn, that sucks. So there really isn't a good, legal, cheap way to catch up? Oh well.
Last Played: Velocity Ultra (8/10)
Now Playing: NCAA Football 2014, StarCraft 2, KZM Beta, Civ V, Rayman Origins, Guacamelee El Diablo's Domain

User Info: DeathSoul2000

DeathSoul2000
3 years ago#19
wstfld posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
wstfld posted...

Damn, that sucks. So there really isn't a good, legal, cheap way to catch up? Oh well.

Unfortunately, no there isn't. Nintendo sucks balls with their VC "service."

User Info: Chokusetsu

Chokusetsu
3 years ago#20
wstfld posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
wstfld posted...

Did you even bother to click the links I sent you? The two lists are up to date and are more reliable than someone saying 'there's nothing and the Wii U sucks'.
De arimasu
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Haven't owned a Nintendo console since the old fat gray Game Boy...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived