Nintendo seems behind the times when it comes to making DLC

#1Emerald_MeliosPosted 8/26/2013 9:35:29 PM(edited)
Looking at their first-party games:

No Day 1 DLC
No On-Disc DLC
No Pay to Win microtransactions
No True Ending DLC
No Season Passes
NSLU seems like a true expansion pack instead of a lazy attempt to nickle and dime customers

How can Nintendo expect to be taken as seriously as the big shots like EA, Activision, Square Enix, etc. when they blatantly treat their customers with such dignity and respect?
#2SyCo_VeNoMPosted 8/26/2013 9:34:23 PM
Emerald_Melios posted...

How can Nintendo expect to be taken as seriously as big shots like EA, Activision, Square Enix, etc. when they blatantly treat their customers with such dignity and respect?

No idea you know, and how they actually make their games fun. I swear Nintendo is behind in the times, also how they are missing items that require cash to buy on that game that you just bought.
#3diggyfreshPosted 8/26/2013 9:36:36 PM
Nintendo has no business sense. They have no idea what they're doing!
---
Currently Playing: Paper Mario Sticker Star
Progress: World 4
#4DiscostewSMPosted 8/26/2013 9:40:10 PM
And they're making money doing it.

Swig #11.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#5BruceLee007Posted 8/26/2013 9:40:23 PM
The way Nintendo has handled DLC for the Wii U is one more reason I am focusing all my support on Nintendo this gen.
---
PSN-BruceLee007
#6HermeticJusticePosted 8/26/2013 9:46:30 PM
BruceLee007 posted...
The way Nintendo has handled DLC for the Wii U is one more reason I am focusing all my support on Nintendo this gen.

the DLC for Fire Emblem: Awakening is horrible bit I give it two passes

1. the game was pretty much complete to begin with and the DLC didn't add anything completely substanial so it was okay to miss out on it

2. a reason some people miss, the Fire Emblem series is rather niche and isn't as dominant a Nintendo franchise, series like this are always prone to DLC for some reason

that being said, I can't see many other examples of Nintendo first parties using DLC irresponsibly (or at all)
---
The Official Kerberos of the SMT IV Board + Friend Code: 4983 - 6166 - 9895
QVODSVPERIVS.MACROPROSOPVS + QVODINFERIVS.MICROPROSOPVS
#7squidgy617Posted 8/26/2013 9:47:55 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
And they're making money doing it.

Swig #11.

If you don't mind me asking, are you just randomly counting swigs or is there a rule your following that leads you to take one?
#8whizkid7Posted 8/26/2013 9:48:16 PM
I know, right?! How dare Nintendo treat its customers properly! They should hurry up and start treating them like idiots, or they'll never survive at this rate!
---
It's a shame your console of choice doesn't have games that are more entertaining than bothering strangers on the internet. -Shadowbird_RH
#9wugeezyPosted 8/26/2013 9:50:46 PM
Dem microtransactions!
#10csalvi42Posted 8/26/2013 9:51:52 PM
nintendo also doesn't have like a 1000 people working on a single game and then complains when it doesnt hit 5 million in sales first year. They take their time with DLC, and it always comes after they finish the original project. I cant wait to see what miyamoto and team do with pikmin 3 DLC.
---
Animal Crossing NL Dream: 5399-2276-5180
White Version FC: 0991-1102-7167