Why do people want Nintendo to buy Mega Man so much?

#51Numbuh100Posted 8/27/2013 8:38:00 AM
Troll topic?
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Monolith Soft's X, Smash Bros. 4, Mario Kart 8, Watch Dogs, Dark Souls 2
#52HermeticJusticePosted 8/27/2013 8:46:01 AM
they want Mega Man to be treated like Mario, and guess who owns Mario?
---
The Official Kerberos of the SMT IV Board + Friend Code: 4983 - 6166 - 9895
QVODSVPERIVS.MACROPROSOPVS + QVODINFERIVS.MICROPROSOPVS
#53EndgamePosted 8/27/2013 8:54:10 AM
they want Mega Man to be treated like Mario

they want Mega Man to be reduced to mere quick cash-in sequels with no real effort put into stage design?

and how the **** is that not worse than Mega Man's current situation? at least he gets to rest in peace
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#54Numbuh100Posted 8/27/2013 8:55:48 AM
Endgame posted...
they want Mega Man to be treated like Mario

they want Mega Man to be reduced to mere quick cash-in sequels with no real effort put into stage design?

and how the **** is that not worse than Mega Man's current situation? at least he gets to rest in peace

Nintendo can make a Megaman game we want. Capcom can't.
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Monolith Soft's X, Smash Bros. 4, Mario Kart 8, Watch Dogs, Dark Souls 2
#55ChokusetsuPosted 8/27/2013 8:57:28 AM
The Megaman series has been a rehash from day 1, so I don't see why morons like Endgame are spouting nonsense.
---
De arimasu
#56TerotrousPosted 8/27/2013 9:09:42 AM
SlimeSwayze posted...
That's a good question, since Nintendo would just hand it off to some other developer anyway.

Capcom is the worst developer in the industry, so it couldn't possibly be any worse.

Actually, I'd be incredibly stoked if they bought Megaman and then handed him off to Good Feel or Retro Studios, as they could probably make the best Megaman game we've seen since the mid-90s.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Yume Penguin Monogatari"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#57MrSpacelySlatePosted 8/27/2013 10:01:07 AM
Numbuh100 posted...

Yeah right. They'll NSMB it and make it worse than Capcom ever did.
#58Numbuh100Posted 8/27/2013 3:05:43 PM
MrSpacelySlate posted...
Numbuh100 posted...

NSMB is not even that horrible. You sound like you never played it before....which you probably haven't.
---
#59R_HunterPosted 8/27/2013 3:11:26 PM
MrSpacelySlate posted...
Numbuh100 posted...

Bullcrap. Nothing is worse then Capcom's refusal to work on anything that doesn't have "Street Fighter" in the name. They care more about nickel and dime-ing that crowd and getting easy, lazy money then to do anything with their other franchises.

Hell, they actively mocked the MML3 fans in Project X Zone. http://24.media.tumblr.com/499862f737c8ee3793ce7961b5baeb95/tumblr_mp0epkcF5U1qm94dlo1_500.jpg

"Oh thanks, I had forgotten that you cancelled a game that a large portion of fans was waiting on. And then you laugh about it! Great! That totally makes me believe you actually value my business, and not just my money!"

At least Nintendo would try something that isn't just a shameless "Look! It has Megaman's name on it!!! BUY IT, YOU WALKING WALLETS! OR NO MORE GAMES EVER!"
---
To be fair, the overall plot of the MGS series sounds like it was written by a 7 year old on amphetamines.-CrystalKing5426
Official Xion of the KHIII Board
#60Banjo2553Posted 8/27/2013 4:55:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]