Super Mario Bros. 3 vs. Super Mario World

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Super Mario Bros. 3 vs. Super Mario World
2 years ago#1
Which game is better? - Results (419 votes)
Bros 3
36.04% (151 votes)
63.96% (268 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I say Bros 3.
GTag/PSN: MechaknightX [][] Vesperia Translation progress: Ehmead Hill
2 years ago#2
personally for me its world, from the way it looks, to the level design, and the music.
smb3 is a very close second if not equal.
2 years ago#3
I like SMB3 more mainly because of nostalgia, although both games are fantastic.
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." -Mewtwo
2 years ago#4
World is still Mario perfection to me. I used to get disappointed as a kid when every other Mario game wasn't as good as World, but now I learn to accept that fact and just have fun.
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
2 years ago#5
I liked all the different costumes and worlds in Mario 3 more than Mario World.

World was great, but 3 was a huge leap in quality over other 2D platformers at the time. World just slightly improved upon it IMO.
2 years ago#6
World is just a better 3....
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
2 years ago#7
World is better.
Currently playing: Dragon Age: Origins and Dynasty Warriors 8
GOTY so far: Fire Emblem Awakening
2 years ago#8
I prefer 3 because I like its worlds better. Ice world, the giant world, etc. To that end, I liked the level variety more too. There's nothing wrong with World of course, but I just don't like it as well.
2 years ago#9
Funny, I actually was thinking of making this very poll earlier today.

I prefer World over 3. Though 3 had a lot more fun power-ups, and some really great music, I just thought World was a whole lot better. I liked Yoshi, and the cape feather provided infinite flight over the super leaf, which gave Mario only about 7-10 seconds of flight, unless he had the P-wing.

You were allowed to backtrack to previous worlds, and the secret levels were a bit more imaginative. I don't recall Super Mario Bros. 3 actually having secret levels.

Also, Super Mario World was the first Mario game I beat as a little kid. Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA) came next, then Super Mario Bros., THEN Super Mario Bros. 3.
2 years ago#10
Where's the Yoshi's Island option??
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Super Mario Bros. 3 vs. Super Mario World

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived