What was Nintendo thinking????

#1CaoNiMa69Posted 8/28/2013 9:17:45 AM
Just woke up and got online. I learned they are selling the 2DS (wow, no words need to be said) and the price cut for Wii U isn't really a price cut at all (entry level system will still cost $300)

This is insane.
#2kingbadjoPosted 8/28/2013 9:21:56 AM
CaoNiMa69 posted...
Just woke up and got online. I learned they are selling the 2DS (wow, no words need to be said) and the price cut for Wii U isn't really a price cut at all (entry level system will still cost $300)

This is insane.

I think the real question is... Why are you just waking up?? where are you! It's pas 1 PM where I am.. Can't be sleeping that much. There are plenty of things to do. You can get a hobby or a job, or do something productive. Sleeping this late is not good.
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#3metalmariolordPosted 8/28/2013 9:22:20 AM
CaoNiMa69 posted...

This is insane.

You're right about 2DS, but what price did you want Wii U?
100 bucks?
---
Do you judge games by graphics and not gameplay?Only like realistic games?
GO PLAY REAL LIFE!
#4MikeisapoetPosted 8/28/2013 9:23:46 AM
The basic SKU is being phased out. The 32GB bundle(s) are now the price of the basic. Soooo, basically this means that their price gap between the PS4 is LEGIT $100 now, people can stop saying "oh only 50 more because Basic doesn't count."

The 2DS is the equivalent of the GBA Micro in that it'll appeal to a niche crowd; this time they're going after the "concerned" (read: usually not informed) parents that are afraid of the 3D hurting their children's eyes. Hence why when asked about it, Nintendo is saying the 2DS is aimed at the 7-and-under market. (Remember, they always said that the 3D wasn't recommended for children under 7, so now they can support that crowd as well, even if many children have the 3DS anyway) It also launches on the original date for Pokemon, which is now pushed back to the 15th for a reason I can't remember but I'm sure places will have it on the 12th anyway. So parents will definitely get this for their children. It doesn't fold, meaning it's not the best for kids to run around outside with, which kind of aids in the idea some parents have that when you're out and about, you shouldn't be worrying about your games.

So really, everything Nintendo did this morning has a fairly large chance of printing dollars. Especially when you realize that they said that any lower of a price on the 3DS wouldn't be profitable, so they're making this as a cheaper alternative.
---
If you were to ask me what kind of person I was, I'd tell you I listen to dubstep, country, rap and thrash metal. I think that makes me a pretty level person.
#5moogle69Posted 8/28/2013 9:28:57 AM
Mikeisapoet posted...
The basic SKU is being phased out. The 32GB bundle(s) are now the price of the basic. Soooo, basically this means that their price gap between the PS4 is LEGIT $100 now, people can stop saying "oh only 50 more because Basic doesn't count."

The 2DS is the equivalent of the GBA Micro in that it'll appeal to a niche crowd; this time they're going after the "concerned" (read: usually not informed) parents that are afraid of the 3D hurting their children's eyes. Hence why when asked about it, Nintendo is saying the 2DS is aimed at the 7-and-under market. (Remember, they always said that the 3D wasn't recommended for children under 7, so now they can support that crowd as well, even if many children have the 3DS anyway) It also launches on the original date for Pokemon, which is now pushed back to the 15th for a reason I can't remember but I'm sure places will have it on the 12th anyway. So parents will definitely get this for their children. It doesn't fold, meaning it's not the best for kids to run around outside with, which kind of aids in the idea some parents have that when you're out and about, you shouldn't be worrying about your games.

So really, everything Nintendo did this morning has a fairly large chance of printing dollars. Especially when you realize that they said that any lower of a price on the 3DS wouldn't be profitable, so they're making this as a cheaper alternative.

Everything nintendo did this morning will ir atleast bound to print money.
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Backlog Growing for the system i own
#6thefabregas22Posted 8/28/2013 9:30:00 AM
kingbadjo posted...
CaoNiMa69 posted...

This is insane.

I think the real question is... Why are you just waking up?? where are you! It's pas 1 PM where I am.. Can't be sleeping that much. There are plenty of things to do. You can get a hobby or a job, or do something productive. Sleeping this late is not good.

I woke up at half one :( and that's only because my brother woke me up, I'd have been happy to sleep til 3pm
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#7TransdudePosted 8/28/2013 9:32:59 AM
moogle69 posted...
Mikeisapoet posted...

Everything nintendo did this morning will ir atleast bound to print money.

http://staggerd.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/nintendo-money.jpg
http://fanboygaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/3ds-it-prints-money.gif
http://shigeruslist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/it-prints-money-2.gif
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | NNID: Transdude1996 | Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#8originalhipsterPosted 8/28/2013 9:34:35 AM
CaoNiMa69 posted...

This is insane.

I'm glad someone else gets.

24 extra GB does NOT justify an extra 50 dollars and no basic model avaiable/price cut.
---
I was a hipster way before it was cool.
#9CaoNiMa69(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 7:08:04 PM
kingbadjo posted...
CaoNiMa69 posted...

This is insane.

I work two jobs. Sleep where I can, when I can. I don't see a problem with that.
#10TalentedMPosted 8/28/2013 7:12:50 PM
CaoNiMa69 posted...

I work two jobs. Sleep where I can, when I can. I don't see a problem with that.

I hear ya, I wake up every day around 6PM because I work all night. I feel ya.

I am actually interested in the 2DS myself. It is cheap, plays all the same games, looks convenient to have around the house (where I play my games as an adult) and the 3D on the 3DS hurt my eyes every time I used it.

My guess is that the Basic Wii U will be phased out and it is up to the retailers to start dropping the prices on them and getting rid of them all. You will see them either dropping the price competitively if they still have them in stock or bundling more games with them to get them out.

The news today was pretty good, I do feel like they are jumping the shark a bit early dropping the price without the big games there to back it up or at least MK8. But it is their system...
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity