So whose buying a Wii U now?

#1Dannyson97Posted 8/28/2013 1:31:14 PM
Did the price drop change anyone's mind on the matter, I think Nintendo did the price drop at a pretty good time now with games like Rayman, Wonderful 101, Pikimin 3, Wind Waker and other Wii U games the Wii U has a decent dozen of games.
So has anyone been waiting for this drop in price? Or is their another issue?
---
I'm a Nintendo loyalist, respect Sony and Microsoft.
#2Tech_SupportPosted 8/28/2013 1:33:28 PM
The PS3 is $199 now!

FREAKING $199!!!! And it has a huge library of games and lots of games coming.

At $299 the Wii U is still very overpriced.
---
Stop. Posting. On the Wii Board. You're really this close away from a Suspension. - CyricZ
#3plasticman13Posted 8/28/2013 1:34:41 PM
Is the Wii U $149.99 yet? That's when I'll probably buy it for my 4 year old cousin.
---
For the latest news on Kingdom Hearts 3 with interviews, e-mails, etc. with the development staff, please visit:
http://bit.ly/g917a5
#4MrJaycawbzPosted 8/28/2013 1:35:07 PM
I'm going to get the WW bundle from Gamestop for sure. A price drop and a good game bundle is just what I was waiting for to buy the Wii U.
#5IloveElitePosted 8/28/2013 1:38:43 PM
Dannyson97 posted...
Did the price drop change anyone's mind on the matter, I think Nintendo did the price drop at a pretty good time now with games like Rayman, Wonderful 101, Pikimin 3, Wind Waker and other Wii U games the Wii U has a decent dozen of games.
So has anyone been waiting for this drop in price? Or is their another issue?

Had one, got sick with the lack of decent games, sold it. Thats me done, wouldn't buy one now if they were 5.
---
Currently playing: Skyrim, X3TC, Titan Quest Gold
Waiting for: Elite:Dangerous, GTA V, Diablo 3
#6GrizzmeisterPosted 8/28/2013 1:38:44 PM
The day that Mario Kart 8 is released is when I'll buy my Wii U. Hopefully there will be another price drop or special bundle by then.
---
Speaking on condition of anonymity.
#7KingTurtPosted 8/28/2013 1:47:54 PM
I've already been thinking of buying a Wii U ever since E3 2012, i've just been waiting to see how the system turns out with the types of games it gets.

The Wonderful 101 is the type of game I really want to buy a Wii U for just to play that game, along with a lot of other games that interest me.

I never played the original Wind Waker either, so the HD remake has my attention as well since it will be a completely new game to me.
#8Dannyson97(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 1:54:41 PM
KingTurt posted...
I've already been thinking of buying a Wii U ever since E3 2012, i've just been waiting to see how the system turns out with the types of games it gets.

The Wonderful 101 is the type of game I really want to buy a Wii U for just to play that game, along with a lot of other games that interest me.

I never played the original Wind Waker either, so the HD remake has my attention as well since it will be a completely new game to me.

Good to hear, the price drop almost makes me wish I held off on getting mine, almost.
---
I'm a Nintendo loyalist, respect Sony and Microsoft.
#9dcamp27Posted 8/28/2013 1:56:42 PM
Tech_Support posted...
The PS3 is $199 now!

FREAKING $199!!!! And it has a huge library of games and lots of games coming.

At $299 the Wii U is still very overpriced.

The PS3 isn't as powerful as the Wii U. The PS3 is ten year old technology that is going to be pretty much obsolete when the PS4 comes out.
#10mashuPosted 8/28/2013 2:04:13 PM
No. There's nothing I want to buy it for yet and knew that when I'd be getting around to buying it that there would already be a price drop. A Price drop now doesn't do me any good. X, SMT x FE... something else that I don't know about yet? Get those out there and then I'll be looking to get the Wii U. Possibly a surprise or two along with the ability to maybe pick up Smash or Kart as well and then I'll have enough to warrant getting it. A few more announcements of things in the pipeline wouldn't hurt either, as right now that's all I have that I am looking forward to on the Wii U.

The WW special edition bundle was a nice move though. That'll make some people happy and help move things a little bit.