The price drop. Desperation or Brilliant Strategy?

#1L4YER_CAKEPosted 8/28/2013 10:49:58 PM
In your opinion: What brought this bold move on? A premeditated effort to entice more buyers when their flagships release or just a desperate attempt to keep up with the next gen? - Results (594 votes)
A smart move to further entice buyers, coupled with the release of their flagships
59.09% (351 votes)
Nintendo knows they're in trouble, this is a last ditch effort.
40.91% (243 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Honestly, it's been less than ten hours and I'm sick of seeing the doom and gloom topics about this nonsense.

Let's put it to a vote.

+1 to smart move, no desperation from my pov.
---
Braid. Save the princess. Contemplate the world. Save yourself.
#2TAoRPosted 8/28/2013 10:51:04 PM
I'd say a little of both.
#3choco manPosted 8/28/2013 10:52:47 PM
It's the right strategy, but it's neither desperate nor brilliant. It's textbook supply and demand.
---
...l...i...t...t...l...e...m...o...n...e...y...
#4TalentedMPosted 8/28/2013 10:54:39 PM
TAoR posted...
I'd say a little of both.

Pretty much this. I personally think it would have tied in better with MK8, which I feel like Iwata knew in his heart of hearts to be the true point to drop the price.

A price drop of $50 is hardly a "last ditch effort" IMO.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#5TerotrousPosted 8/28/2013 10:55:27 PM
It's obviously smart. Desperation would have been to announce this back in May. They correctly waited until now, when PS4 and XBO are starting to lose a little steam, to really blow their doors off.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Yume Penguin Monogatari"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#6NovaLevossidaPosted 8/28/2013 11:01:18 PM
Wii U is dragging its feet and the PS4 is going to hit in just 2 and a half months. It's just about the only thing that they could do to try to have reasonable holiday sales. One of my complaints about the Wii U at its price points was the perceived value of it, and this knocks down the Deluxe package to $300 and changes the pack-in game from Nintendoland to Wind Waker HD. That goes a long way for upping the value on the price point.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#7Br1ck_Reb0rnPosted 8/28/2013 11:04:56 PM
lol did you see how little wonderfail 101 is selling? THats already touted as a system seller and is failing on its home turf. price cuts not enough they gon havta give these away.
---
Xbox One - The next generation starts this november.
#8STN79Posted 8/28/2013 11:08:02 PM
Nintendo is going in for the kill! Wii U is now 100 dollars cheaper with what will be a years worth of games by the time PS4 arrives. We've already been through our drought and now it's time for the big N to rise like a phoenix from the ashes. Have fun waiting around Sony boys and girls. Your dry spell is just about to begin. Oh and enjoy all the PS4 ports of PS3 games.
#9NovaLevossidaPosted 8/28/2013 11:11:25 PM
STN79 posted...
Nintendo is going in for the kill! Wii U is now 100 dollars cheaper with what will be a years worth of games by the time PS4 arrives. We've already been through our drought and now it's time for the big N to rise like a phoenix from the ashes. Have fun waiting around Sony boys and girls. Your dry spell is just about to begin. Oh and enjoy all the PS4 ports of PS3 games.

Bwa ha ha, at least they won't be missing features. but rather will be enhanced ports. Zing!
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#10Jacob46719Posted 8/28/2013 11:23:02 PM
22 trolls so far
---
Buying These: Mario 3D World, WWHD, SSB4, SSB4, MK8, Watch Dogs, CoD: Ghosts, Pokemon Y, Zelda: ALBW, X
May Buy These: PS4, Infamous: SS, Destiny, ESO