They dropped 3D, will they drop the Gamepad next?

#1YAYMoreMarioPosted 8/29/2013 2:04:27 AM
Nothing seems off the table at this point.

I see a Gamepad-less SKU coming after a disastrous holiday season. Probably around April 2014.

The second screen is as pointless and unnecessary a gimmick as 3D was.

Of course the Gamepad will be available separately for the low, low retail price of $99.99.
#2cybersonic233Posted 8/29/2013 2:05:48 AM
2DS will be able to be used as a gamepad gamepad gone from system by mar 2014
#3Jet_Set_Radi_GoPosted 8/29/2013 2:06:55 AM
Finally it will warrant a purchase
#4Omega_BlackPosted 8/29/2013 2:07:05 AM
3D was always optional.

The Gamepad is not.

#dealwithit
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#5diggyfreshPosted 8/29/2013 2:07:29 AM
Nintendo's ultimate plan is to go back to making playing cards. It's a future-proof business.
---
Currently Playing: Paper Mario Sticker Star
Progress: World 4
#6BeanBeanKingdomPosted 8/29/2013 2:08:37 AM
I don't see how they dropped 3D. They'll still keep developing their games on 3D-enabled 3DS hardware, they're just introducing a cheap SKU without it.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#7GigerSupremePosted 8/29/2013 2:09:24 AM
cybersonic233 posted...

i think you are half right.

i think the 2ds is a semi prototype for a new model/build of gamepad.

i suspect there will be a next generation of wiiu gamepads that will be very similar in the build that resembles the 2ds and will be sold seperately.

the gamepad is actually a great idea for the console and is alot more intersting than moton controls. to do away with it would be a mistake and a huge waste of money on the reasearch and development that went into it.
#8cybersonic233Posted 8/29/2013 2:10:26 AM
GigerSupreme posted...
cybersonic233 posted...

i suspect there will be a next generation of wiiu gamepads that will be very similar in the build that resembles the 2ds and will be sold seperately.

the gamepad is actually a great idea for the console and is alot more intersting than moton controls. to do away with it would be a mistake and a huge waste of money on the reasearch and development that went into it.

the design of the 2DS just screams Gamepad to me tbh
#9YAYMoreMario(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 2:11:58 AM
Omega_Black posted...
3D was always optional.

The Gamepad is not.

#dealwithit

There's so many different control options on the WiiU the Gamepad does not have to be required at all.
#10GigerSupremePosted 8/29/2013 2:13:49 AM
cybersonic233 posted...
GigerSupreme posted...
cybersonic233 posted...

the design of the 2DS just screams Gamepad to me tbh

this is a deliberate design choice to get users to adjust for the inevitable retail gamepad that will most likely resemble a 2ds.